This is a turning point in Wilco history

I dont know why they didnt figure it out sooner. Us jamband fans know it works out the best. This setlist is a turning point in my mind. next thing you know they will be doing 3 different nights with 3 different setlists

The Uptown Theater / Kansas City, MO / 03 Dec 2011 setlist:

Less Than You Think

Art of Almost

I Might

... Misunderstood

Black Moon

Via Chicago

You and I

Kamera

Box Full of Letters

Born Alone

Radio Cure

Impossible Germany

Capitol City

New Madrid

Someday Soon

War on War

Dawned On Me

Hummingbird

Shot in the Arm

Whole Love

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Standing O

Monday

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Cruel to Be Kind (w/ Nick Lowe)

I don't understand what you mean here. Turning point? What?

Yeah, I don't get what it means either.

• 2 weeks later...

Tinkering with the setlist was genius. The Maryland show on NPR starts with Art of Almost, and then leads down a path that puts people back in their seats. Art of Almost live is a true treasure. I don't care where they do it, just do it. Civic Opera Chicago Monday people who never heard of Wilco started shaking their legs when it came to the point where Nels, John, and Glen took off. The altered setlist is unreal. Start with One Sunday Morning, roll into something like Poor Places, or Hell is Chrome, and then let the tension from Art of Almost build to the point people who were pissed Wilco wasn't a modern interpretation of Paglacci but a great band that knows how to roll a crowd was a "moment", and you have a crowd that doesn't dare sit. I really like opening with One Sunday Morning. IT is a great song, deserves its stage time, and maybe it takes the uninitiated fan down a path that they are misled. Then spring this beauty on them, and they will never sit again. Saw three Chicago shows, see other post why I am home tonight, but this is a band that knows how to bring a crowd to the brink.

The response on the board to the recent setlists does say it all -- lose the standards for a while and dig deep. I hope this trend continues for the spring 2012 dates (when and if -- please, lord -- they come back to the Southeast). With these setlists, though, a major road trip might be in order. I wish a Solid Sound announcement would come soon so I can build next year's budget around Wilco shows!