Rumors about spring/summer shows?

Woo, Brooklyn! Anyone have any insight as to how the presales work?

Also a shot in the dark: If, for budget reasons, you had the pick only ONE show out of a back to back, which would you go with?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second night. I would expect the first night to be the particular Wilco set list they are performing on tour at that time. You would think they would have to mix things up the second night but that didn't seem to work when they played Central Park this past September. From what I can remember both shows were very similar. So, who knows??? You can't go wrong either way I suppose. It's f**king Wilco...

What do people think about the possibility of them adding on ancillary shows around these amphitheater appearances? It's been one hell of a tour year for them, so any chance they'll play more than one night in at least LA? I'm really hoping so. I caught them twice earlier this year in southern California and I've been cursing myself for only catching two; it'd be nice for me to make it up to myself later this year ;)

I would probably opt for the second night too. Sort of on the same theory as if there are two shows a night (like a comedy club) the late show will be better. But if it were a choice between a Thursday and Friday, I'd go to the Thursday because there would probably be more hardcore fans on a weeknight and more "civilians" on a weekend night.

As to whether they're likely to mix up the setlist on the two nights, I would think it's going to depend on how large they think the overlap between the two audiences will be. At Red Rocks, for instance, it's a destination event, and I would bet that most people who come are coming for the weekend and will see both shows. They're even promoting a 2-night package. For that one I'm betting there won't be too many repeats--maybe 6 or 7. Whereas at Wolf Trap, they're drawing from the large DC metropolitan population and there should be more than enough of an audience to support both nights without much overlap. Of course, there will be overlap, but people who come to both nights should probably expect to hear a somewhat similar setlist. If I had to bet, I'd guess maybe 7 or 8 songs would be different. That's still not bad.

But then what do I know? Wilco can be unpredictable!

Hey Wilco Me

In terms of the cure for this obsession for Great Music the only cure is Bathe in it...

I caught them 4x in 7 days in CT NH RI & MA and I was a Happy Man.

This year the NEast area is getting sparse No Boston

SO yep Im Driving to CT and RI

Wolf Trap ? If it was within my reach I would do it in a Hearbeat!

See ya on the Road

Roadhse

I guess they weren't selling pit tickets for Wolf Trap. I got tickets but am not thrilled with what I got. O9 first night and K63 second night. Sucks, but at least I'll be there.

Charlottesville is all GA, so for that one I'll just need to line up early.

Interesting - I got Brooklyn Night 2 (1 ticket) right at 10am. Was repeatedly rejected for night 1 and then scored possibly the last ticket for Night 1 at 10:44am. Had to put in for 2 separate orders and pay for shipping twice. Frontgate sucks in this regard, TM would be cheaper.

Grr. Missed the presale for Brooklyn.

Got shut out myself. Man were those things ever gone fast.

Onto Friday!!

Bought my tickets for the Tampa show today. Yeaa! Had decided not to go because I'm getting old and fat and when both your back and knees are bad, it get's kinda hard to stand. Changed my mind today and it might be for the better - nothing left on the floor, but got some box seats in the nosebleed section. Kinda cool since the boxes have only six seats in each box so I won't have to worry about standing if I can't. Don't know how good the acoustics will be that high up. Saw them in the same venue in 2005, but we had 2nd row seats at that show so we wound up right at the edge of the stage -sounded really good from there!

Drove 1 & 1/2 hours round trip to get my closest TM terminal in an independent record store. Tickets wouldn't come up, & this has happened twice to me this month now, because- although it shows the tickets as being on sale at the terminal they aren't & then they just don't show up...and sadly the folks at the store can't do anything about it. They were totally pissed off...it even showed up as available as they repeatedly tried to get tickets & came up with nothing being released. Ticketmaster was matter of fact & unapologetic while they admitted that it was announced that tickets would be available there, & still appeared that way too...it just wasn't the case. No tickets at terminals, only on the internet.

Luckily...I had a back up plan, and called a friend in NYC who had two screens open & ready to go, as soon as they didn't come up I put her into motion. She's the person I'm going with & she had 2 tickets for each night before we'd worked out the logistics of what was so screwed up with TM. They suck, but I'm going to Brooklyn on July 23rd & 24th.

• 1 month later...