Rumors about spring/summer shows?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Google alert set up for Solid Sound 2012 and just got a link to an interview with Joe Thompson, the head of Mass MoCA. It's a pretty long but interesting article, about the economic realities of the museum and the impact of the Solid Sound Festival, etc., but buried within the article is this little nugget:

Wilco is coming back to play a concert this summer in late July or early August.

That's the first I've heard of any specific timeframe information. We know they'll be at Forecastle on July 15 and at a Swedish festival on August 10, so I guess we should stay on the alert for maybe some northeast shows after Forecastle. :banana

I have a Google alert set up for Solid Sound 2012 and just got a link to an interview with Joe Thompson, the head of Mass MoCA. It's a pretty long but interesting article, about the economic realities of the museum and the impact of the Solid Sound Festival, etc., but buried within the article is this little nugget:

That's the first I've heard of any specific timeframe information. We know they'll be at Forecastle on July 15 and at a Swedish festival on August 10, so I guess we should stay on the alert for maybe some northeast shows after Forecastle. :banana

That is VERY exciting! We were just discussing this on the facebook Wilco page. At last something for the east coast...well we knew they were doing a show there, just no idea when...I'll be happy once tickets have gone on sale & I've got mine...and...once the rest of the east coast shows get announced!!

From an official Wilco post thread on facebook...

Pam Fradkin When will you be at Mass MoCA?

2 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Wilco still working on Mass MoCA date. hope to have that for you soon....

2 hours ago · Like · 8

• 2 weeks later...

WILCO LIVE! With The Avett Brother & Dr. Dog. Saturday July 21st, 7:15 p.m., @ the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, N.J., just outside of Philly. Available through presale link at XPN.org starting Thurs. March 29 & to the general public on Sat. March 31. 7,000 reserved seats @ $55, and 18,000 lawn seats @ $35. If you buy a three day pass to the whole festival lawn admission is included in that package (but not reserved seats). The first east coast date! I'm there!!

http://www.xpn.org/concerts-events/xponential-music-festival-2012

WILCO LIVE! With The Avett Brother & Dr. Dog. Saturday July 21st, 7:15 p.m., @ the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, N.J., just outside of Philly. Available through presale link at XPN.org starting Thurs. March 29 & to the general public on Sat. March 31. 7,000 reserved seats @ $55, and 18,000 lawn seats @ $35. If you buy a three day pass to the whole festival lawn admission is included in that package (but not reserved seats). The first east coast date! I'm there!!

http://www.xpn.org/c...c-festival-2012

As much as I love Wilco this does not sound appealing! Sure three great bands but Camden SBC? Waaaayyyyyyy to big and the $55 after service charge will run $70+!

I'm hoping for a non-festival show in Austin sometime this summer or fall. Kinda wondering, too, if there is room in the May Southern tour for a New Orleans date? I guess we'll find out soon.

I heard a rumor they're going to play in Chattanooga... :sleep

(I also started that rumor)

It's a great rumor. Good luck! :lol Though I had zero success with that rumor a few years back about them playing a backyard BBQ at my place...

It's a great rumor. Good luck! :lol Though I had zero success with that rumor a few years back about them playing a backyard BBQ at my place...

:lol

I bug the venue that brought the Avetts to town back in December nearly every day about bringing Wilco.

As much as I love Wilco this does not sound appealing! Sure three great bands but Camden SBC? Waaaayyyyyyy to big and the $55 after service charge will run $70+!

It ain't too big, if you got great seats!!!

From an official Wilco post on facebook- "Watch this space for a few summer show announcements coming this Sunday.". One can only hope...

Well, based on that Facebook picture and a quick perusal of the Red Rocks calendar, I think I can say with HIGH confidence that Wilco is playing Red Rocks on the weekend of June 22-23-24.That's "an early summer weekend." In fact, it's the only unbooked weekend of the early summer. The Avett Brothers are headlining on the 29th and 30th, String Cheese Incident is there on July 5-6-7, and Wilco is on the East Coast after that.

So I've already got the weekend of June 22 penciled in my calendar. It's an easy drive for us.

Of course, what would be REALLY cool would be a show at the Santa Fe Opera House (amazing outdoor venue, only about five hours from Red Rocks). That would be a dream come true.