Rumors about spring/summer shows?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, with the comment: "This would be a nice place to spend an early summer weekend, don't you think?"

Multiple shows at Red Rocks.

Did you say Multiple shows? That would be amazing.

The first of many summer shows to announce -- 2 nights at Red Rocks in Morrison, CO. June 22 w/ guests the Punch Brothers and June 23 with Dr. Dog. Tix on sale Friday, April 6 at 10am Mountain time.

Next up: Chicagoland. July 8 at the Kane County Cougars ballpark in Geneva, IL -- a Chicago-centric bill featuring Wilco (of course), Andrew Bird and his band, plus The Congregation (an up & coming 8-piece soul band). It all ends with fireworks under the west suburban stars. Tickets on sale Saturday, April 7 at 10am Central time.

Does anybody have any idea why these dates are being released at a slow motion trickle? I'm dying to plan a trip to Mass MoCA with my dad and kids!

I guess things must be still up in the air a bit after Camden?

Yeah, I'm dying to hear about MassMoCA; it's got to be the last weekend of July if it's going to happen since they're off to Europe the first week of August. I'm hoping to receive a grant to go study the Pueblos in the Mesa Verde region for the end of June, first half of July. If I get it (notification comes tomorrow), I am so there. Then there would be the issue of getting from Cortez to Red Rocks, but that's a problem I hope to have.

Yeah, I'm dying to hear about MassMoCA; it's got to be the last weekend of July if it's going to happen since they're off to Europe the first week of August. I'm hoping to receive a grant to go study the Pueblos in the Mesa Verde region for the end of June, first half of July. If I get it (notification comes tomorrow), I am so there. Then there would be the issue of getting from Cortez to Red Rocks, but that's a problem I hope to have.

Good luck with Red Rocks! The MassMoCA show is rumored to be being planned for late July/early August...there's two weekends, & nearly 3 weeks available between the July 21st show & the first date in Europe August 10th.

Lots of open dates/times after they finish a week or so out of the country May 31-June 8, & they are currently only scheduled for 4 dates at various festivals in Europe from August 10-16.

While I doubt they'll add much to May (though who knows) with 7 dates in the U.S. & then the travel for the trio of dates in Europe that run through the first week in June...there's plenty of June (2/3 European dates & 2 in Red Rocks, CO so far), July (only 3 dates- KY, IL & NJ), & August (4 dates in Europe)...not to mention September for Summer surprises a-plenty to appear!!

Sorry I'm new. Where and how do you go about getting pre-sale tickets? Is it on their website/do you need a password?

If you go to Wilcoworld look under shows. There will be a link for tickets, if there is any password requirements it will explore from there.

I really hope it's not the last weekend in July, or any summer weekend at this point. Getting rooms to stay would be tough by this point for a summer weekend in the Berkshires.

I had tickets to the last Wilco Red Rocks show and couldn't go, it was the week before our family vacation (in the mountains of Colorado) and it was too close so I had to sell tickets. I would have had to drive 850 miles each way, then turn around a few days later and drive even further, about 1100 miles. So... I'm stoked but my wife is going to kill me. The shows are a about 3 weeks before vacation this time. Don't know what I'm going to do, mention it to the wife, or buy tickets and tell her later. I have to see a show at Red Rocks!

Red Rocks & Wilco is simply a dream setting with a dream band.

Planning my trip already, Boston flights are the cheapest right now from philly to maine, for northeasterns thinking bout taking the plunge.

Im in CT but would have to pick my brother up in VT, then head to Boston.

Eff it, i've always wanted to drive cross/country too, what better time than now.

If we do go thru with it i'll have room for 2 if you got the gas $$$

anyones guess.... will these be general admission for the Kane County Baseball Show?

Yes. Tickets are $50.

http://wxrt.radio.com/2012/04/02/wilco-celebrates-40-years-of-xrt-with-live-concert-featuring-andrew-bird-listen/

“We had such a great time at our shows in December, but not everyone was able to get tickets,” said Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy. “So this time, we’ve made sure that there will be plenty of room for everyone, so anyone who wants to can come out and have a great time with us.”

Tickets are $50 and go on sale THIS Saturday at 10 am. Tickets will be available online at e-Tix DOT-com and at the Fifth Third Bank Ballpark ticket office. Tickets can also be purchased with no service charge at The Vic Theatre box office (3145 N. Sheffield, Chicago).

All tickets are General Admission. (Bring a blanket and grab a spot on the ball field or take a seat in the stands.) Parking lots open at 4 pm. Doors open at 5 pm and the concert begins at 5:30 pm.

Admission is free for all children ages 4 and under.

Yes. Tickets are $50.

http://wxrt.radio.co...ew-bird-listen/

“We had such a great time at our shows in December, but not everyone was able to get tickets,” said Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy. “So this time, we’ve made sure that there will be plenty of room for everyone, so anyone who wants to can come out and have a great time with us.”

Tickets are $50 and go on sale THIS Saturday at 10 am. Tickets will be available online at e-Tix DOT-com and at the Fifth Third Bank Ballpark ticket office. Tickets can also be purchased with no service charge at The Vic Theatre box office (3145 N. Sheffield, Chicago).

All tickets are General Admission. (Bring a blanket and grab a spot on the ball field or take a seat in the stands.) Parking lots open at 4 pm. Doors open at 5 pm and the concert begins at 5:30 pm.

Admission is free for all children ages 4 and under.

That's good to see - the South Bend show was the same. It will be my daughter's first show.

I had tickets to the last Wilco Red Rocks show and couldn't go, it was the week before our family vacation (in the mountains of Colorado) and it was too close so I had to sell tickets. I would have had to drive 850 miles each way, then turn around a few days later and drive even further, about 1100 miles. So... I'm stoked but my wife is going to kill me. The shows are a about 3 weeks before vacation this time. Don't know what I'm going to do, mention it to the wife, or buy tickets and tell her later. I have to see a show at Red Rocks!

A wise man once told me, "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."