Rumors about spring/summer shows?

I heard a great one, supposedly from friends of the promoter who sealed the deal...and these folks I heard it from are huge Wilco fans.

I may post more on here soon, but I don't know how quiet, or not, this is supposed to be, so I need to check on that first...but...

From what I understand the next announcement for tour dates will happen this Tuesday & will make folks in Western & Central New York State VERY happy! I'm thrilled & will now be going to one show very nearby, one fairly close & the one in Camden/Philly.

You're killing me here... need more info! I live in Saratoga Springs, NY and am very curious... please... go for it and spill the beans

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Smalls Presents is supposed to be announcing a show at Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown on Tuesday. I have a hunch it's Wilco. I know he's been trying to get them for a few years, and it seems like they've outgrown the venues in Ithaca, though I'm holding out hope they could still play the State Theater, though it's a longshot now. I'm leaving the region in mid-June, and an Ommegang show isn't worth coming back for--it's a big field, so it would basically be Solid Sound (though with better beer and with camping included). I'd definitely come back for a show at the State, though!

If I were a promoter who worked really hard to plan a big show, I'd be pretty disappointed about somebody leaking information about it days before the official announcement. Passing on information that a promoter probably told his or her friends in confidence isn't cool.

I went & deleted out the info...but I know for a fact that this has already been leaked & is spreading...and honestly I don't see that it will be harming the show any. If anything it'll go from a few dozen people knowing about it, to maybe a few hundred. There's only a couple of days before the show announcement, & what would it do to harm the show, or promoter? I'm not being contentious, I'm actually curious as to what harm you think it would cause?

...but taking into account your suggestion, I've decided to just PM "A Heart I Know By Heart" with the info about it & avoid any consternation...I also PM'd you as you might want to take a long look at your own post if you have such concerns & consider re-editing it to delete out some info as well.

If I were a promoter who worked really hard to plan a big show, I'd be pretty disappointed about somebody leaking information about it days before the official announcement. Passing on information that a promoter probably told his or her friends in confidence isn't cool.

i don't think a promoter would care who or when someone was promoting their event as long as the papers have been signed and it's a go. Seems it would make their job a bit easier no matter before a official announcement or not.

i don't think a promoter would care who or when someone was promoting their event as long as the papers have been signed and it's a go. Seems it would make their job a bit easier no matter before a official announcement or not.

I wanted to be safe & respectful here...but honestly I have to say that I feel pretty much the same way....although I don't know if it would exactly make their job easier...I just don't see it as making it any harder, or causing them any trouble...

My bet is that papers have been signed, especially if there is an announcement date set as well...and...since word is going to be out on the 10th to thousands of folks, what does it matter to have the most dedicated few hundreds get some early Easter insider excitement...will they lose sales? will it cause Wilco to cancel the gigs? are there other rumors about other shows? have those ever tanked a show?

To be safe I actually just mass PM'd a few dozen people on facebook (via two large emails there) on Thursday & asked them not to post anything (& everyone has honored that & no one has)...& the whole reason was to share the excitement, but also to help folks start managing stuff to get ready for tickets going on sale, etc.. This is a thread about "rumors", & though I can say I'm 99% sure & would bet the farm on my info, I don't have it firsthand...I also wrote on Wilco's official facebook page saying- see you on August 3rd & nearby at a place with a hall of fame (could be football, hockey, baseball, rock 'n' roll) & they didn't delete it, or say anything negative about it there either...

although I don't know if it would exactly make their job easier...I just don't see it as making it any harder, or causing them any trouble...

i ment easier because, promoting is getting the word out. The more people are talking about a event, the more people know about the event = the more chance of a sell out. And that is the bottom line of any promoter.

Boise and Missoula shows are now listed on Wilcoworld.

Looks like there is a presale going on already for Boise.

Show starts at 6:30pm

Gates open at 5:00pm

General Admission: $44

Garden Service and Transaction fees apply ($5/ticket, $1/transaction)*

Table (seats 6): $450, Canopy (seats 12): $900

(please keep reading below for table and canopy details).

Member Pre-Sale begins Monday, April 9 at 10am

http://idahobotanicalgarden.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=feature.display&feature_id=136

Duluth and Rochester are now posted as well. There are still gaps in the schedule. Even on the early part of this run, there are gaps between Red Rocks and ID and then between MT and MN. I also wonder why they are not showing the Hangout Festival on their site.

From the official Wilco facebook page:

"Another week, another bunch of Wilco summer announced. We'll start with the Mountain west and the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Here we go. Boise, ID 6/26 (on-sale 04/13 @ 10AM); Missoula, MT 06/28 (on-sale 04/13 @ 10:00 AM); Duluth, MN 07/01 (on-sale 04/13 @ 10:00 AM) & Rochester, MN 07/02 (on-sale 07/14 @ 10:00 AM). Details: http://wilcoworld.net/shows/

More to come very soon so stay tuned."

That last line again, reads- "MORE TO COME VERY SOON SO STAY TUNED."

As in tomorrow!!!!

From the official Wilcoworld website...

Wilco has announced shows in the following cities:

June 26 - Boise, ID

June 28 - Missoula, MT

July 1 - Duluth, MN

July 2 - Rochester, MN

Information about pre-sale and on sale dates/times can be found on the SHOWS page.

There are 9 other cities named Rochester in the U.S. ...I'd bet that there is going to be a big announcement, supposedly tomorrow, involving one of those other Rochester cities...and a another show near to that particular Rochester that boasts being home to a particular Hall Of Fame...I'm actually hoping for more than just the two I've heard about...come on Mass-MoCA!!!

LATE ADDITION NEWS FLASH!!

From the horses mouth...I can now tell you, for sure, that Wilco are playing Rochester, New York. Since they just let the cat out of the bag themselves. It looks like they are playing Salt Lake City, Utah too! The Rochester, New York announcement will be tomorrow. Details to come, such as date & venue- though the most faithful here have known those parts too- since Friday, & continuing on a daily basis, when I started responding to some very curious private messages & spilling the beans to folks here, one by one in private....lesson learned? The squeaky wheel gets the grease & ask "linclink" & you, most likely, shall receive).

Just to keep some of you in some suspense- there is another show, about 3 hours from Rochester, right before that. Soon we'll know when tickets go on sale (that even I don't know)...but if you look back at some previous posts within this thread you'll be able to know where that show 3 hours from Rochester is...have fun with the detective work & hunting...

The official good news came via a couple of comments on the Wilco facebook page about 1 & 1/2 hour ago...Here's the actual post::

"Take 2. Is this thing on? More shows to announce. Correct info this time. Boise, ID 6/26 (on sale 4/13, 10AM); Missoula, MT 6/28 (on sale 4/13, 10AM); Duluth, MN 7/01 (on sale 4/13, 10AM) & Rochester, MN 7/02 (on sale 4/14, 10AM). Details: http://wilcoworld.net/shows/"

The first 4 commentslooked like this:

Dan Nailen: There's a serious lack of Salt Lake City on that western swing. C'mon!

Wesley Crump: YES!! SLC!

Joe Stark: Seriously, where is the Salt Lake date?

· Michael Goodson: Roger

To which the official reply from "Wilco" was:

be patient oh you residents of the Salted Lake....

Then, after the faithful began to react to the hope given to the residents of Salt Lake City-

SALT LAKE CITY!!!!!!!!

...there was this little exchange, which warmed the cockles of my heart, on a cold, super blustery Western New York Monday...

: Rochester!

to which came this cryptic & mysterious reply...

yes or Rochesters...

Yay!
:)

From Wilco's FB page.

"Summer tour Jeopardy time. Wilco tours for 100. This first rate Belgian Brewery is nestled in the foothills of the Catskills near a town better known for archiving baseball history and the Last of the Mohicans than for hosting bands like Wilco. This summer, it'll do all of the above."

WILCO PLAYS COOPERSTOWN, NEW YORK!!! It's official!! Details coming tomorrow morning!! "Summer tour Jeopardy time. Wilco tours for 100. This first rate Belgian Brewery is nestled in the foothills of the Catskills near a town better known for archiving baseball history and the Last of the Mohicans than for hosting bands like Wilco. This summer, it'll do all of the above."

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Beautiful Picture...and the gig in Rochester, on August 3rd is outside at the Highland Bowl, nestled in the middle of beautiful Highland Park. The park boasts the largest, & most varied collection of Lilacs on the planet. They can be seen, smelt & felt in full bloom, every May at the annual Lilac Festival, which will be long since over by the time Wilco arrives, but it'll still be gorgeous & a great time at the gig. I saw an amazing Mekons show there years ago...missed a Johnny Cash gig there when I was living in NYC, missed an amazing Furthur show there two years ago due to family health issues... & caught a great bluegrass festival there last year with Alison Krauss & Union Station, Jerry Douglas, Tony Rice & Ralph Stanley (amongst others). The Brewery in Cooperstown will be cool, but it won't be scenic Autumn anymore than the Lilacs will be blooming in Highland Park...but both are outdoor shows, almost 100% sure to be general admission & both are in fun & beautiful outdoor settings!!

And the hits just keep on coming...

From the official website: "Nice spot for an oceanside gig, esp. the night before a big festival takes place on the same site. Can you dig it?"

That'd have to be Friday July 27th in Newport, R.I. just before the Newpart Folk Festival at Fort Adams State Park.

https://www.facebook...&type=1

http://www.newportfo....net/event-info

And the hits just keep on coming...

From the official website: "Nice spot for an oceanside gig, esp. the night before a big festival takes place on the same site. Can you dig it?"

That'd have to be Thursday July 27th in Newport, R.I. just before the Newpart Folk Festival at Fort Adams State Park.

http://www.newportfolkfest.net/event-info

I think that would be Friday, July 27.

I think that would be Friday, July 27.

Right you are, duly corrected...and now an easier gig to get to, being on a Friday...