Wilco - 7/8/12 Geneva, IL (Fifth Third Bank Ballpark)

In an incredibly unfortunate turn of events, I got into a car accident en route to the park (about half a mile away, could see people walking to the stadium), so my girlfriend and I ended up missing the show. Luckily everyone involved came out with just cuts, scrapes and bruises, but took precautionary rides to the hospital (The cars didn't make it, and mine is still out in the west suburbs. Seat belts save lives, and strangers are just friends you haven't met...it's all true). From the hospital we got a ride and headed back to the city and got to hear the [quite awesome] encores on XRT.

Very glad a recording has found its way to the interwebs so quickly and thanks to those who posted it! I love Wilco, never miss a Chicago area show, but ya know, sometimes stuff happens. Looking forward to downloading and digesting this and imagining the fireworks.

In an incredibly unfortunate turn of events, I got into a car accident en route to the park (about half a mile away, could see people walking to the stadium), so my girlfriend and I ended up missing the show. Luckily everyone involved came out with just cuts, scrapes and bruises, but took precautionary rides to the hospital (The cars didn't make it, and mine is still out in the west suburbs. Seat belts save lives, and strangers are just friends you haven't met...it's all true). From the hospital we got a ride and headed back to the city and got to hear the [quite awesome] encores on XRT.

Geez, that's some really bad luck! Glad to hear that everyone walked away without any serious injuries... :whew

listening to the wxrt recording right now - man - that was a very hot show...the nels germany solo was blistering...wow... anyone mention the perfect weather?

I have the audience recording, which sounds excellent. AKG 481 (fob) > V3 > Marantz PMD661 (16/44.1)

Recorded and seeded by Jeff Frank jsfrank@sbcglobal.net

Will have to compare to the XRT stream recording. Has anyone already done that comparison? I know listening to the stream live on Sunday it sounded great. An FM broadcast would typically be more compressed (hence the search in the old days for a "pre-FM" recording), don't know if that's the case with a web streamed FM broadcast.

over in the grateful dead world, combining great audiences and fm/sbds make very nice matrixes...

I love a matrix, my favorite recordings. I'm always grateful to those who take the time to put them together and circulate them.

Looking at my hard drive, I have a bunch of Wilco matrixes: 2007-08-22; 2008-03-09; 2008-05-15; 2010-03-03.

Sunday was an absolutely perfect day. Drove down from Milwaukee with a couple of friends (we all got a free pass from the wives-I always get one, they don't). We were about 20 people deep from the stage for the whole day. I was so grateful that it wasn't like last week's weather. Very comfortable. Not too crowded. Loved the setlist. It was fun that they got things rocking right away. Art of Almost was a highlight for me. What a great tune to see live. I bet they could draw it out to 15 minutes if they were given the time.

We had great friends around us too. I have a tendency to fly solo at shows, getting as close to the rail as possible. No need on Sunday. It was perfect.

Loved Andrew Bird's set as well.

Monday was a very tough day after three hours of biking, six hours of driving, and four hours of music. Totally worth it.

I love a matrix, my favorite recordings. I'm always grateful to those who take the time to put them together and circulate them.

Looking at my hard drive, I have a bunch of Wilco matrixes: 2007-08-22; 2008-03-09; 2008-05-15; 2010-03-03.

So thankful that 2 16 2008 (winter residency 2nd night) exists as a matrix. Fantastic show that I was lucky to attend.

I was sitting in front of a couple dorks in the stands. One asked if Bird was playing ukelele and the other guy kept yelling for Pot Kettle Black (like Wilco could hear him from 150 yards away.

I think Bird does whatever he does when he does it, but I suspect he is touring more with a band for this tour.

LouieB

haha thats funnny

Spiders (Kidsmoke) - Acoustic Version

listening to the recording, I notice that this version has morphed into more of an acoustic/electric hybrid from what they were doing with it on the "evening with" shows last year, which was all acoustic and much softer. Lots more umph with this one, I dig it.

• 10 months later...

listening to the recording, I notice that this version has morphed into more of an acoustic/electric hybrid from what they were doing with it on the "evening with" shows last year, which was all acoustic and much softer. Lots more umph with this one, I dig it.

That's what the tune originally sounded like when it was first performed in 2001-2002.