New Yo La Tengo "Fade" Coming Out 1/15/13 & Tour Dates, etc.

I'll be the outlier here.  I like the Condo Fucks but don't love it.  I mean, I like when they mix a noisy punk/garage/rock cover into a set but if I went to see YLT and they played a whole set of Condo Fucks, I think I'd be a little disappointed.  Believe me, I'd rather see that than a Seinfeld reading but my preference would be to see a regular old YLT set. 

That said, I really liked their Freewheeling Yo La Tengo tour where they took requests and answered questions.  At the show in Boston they did an acoustic version of Nuclear War that I'm still thinking about.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

I'm glad that I waited to purchase this thing until the Deluxe version became available (for the same price as the original):

This expanded edition adds a 78 minute disc (plus downloads!) of b-sides and unreleased material including the vairous limited vinyl pieces that accompanied the album as well as odds and ends that until now have been completely unreleased. Featured are unreleased b-sides “Super Kiwi”, & “Note To Self” , alternate versions of “Stupid Things”, “Ohm”, “Two Trains” and others, covers of Times New Viking, The Beach Boys and more surprises.

I really hate the whole deluxe edition thing. Unless its like 10 years later or something.

Or why not just have the deluxe edition option when the album is initially released?

I love Yo La Tengo, and I love this album.  I would have gone for a deluxe edition on the first go around.  But I'm not buying it again.

Maybe it didn't really sell that well first time out, so they are trying to pull in the same folks who bought it a year ago. As good as this album is it won't have deluxe appeal 10 years from now. They have to get us now or not at all.

LouieB

Kurt Vile already has a deluxe edition and I think his album came out in April. This is just a version that comes with his new EP.

According to the responses of the label to their announcement, the goal is to reach people that didn't buy the album originally, so that actually did work on me in these cases. I didn't get Fade because I just didn't listen to the last YLT album that much. The idea of an entire bonus disc at a low price in enticing to me though.

I liked when Matador had that service where you bought an album and then you went online and got bonuses. I think it was Buy Early, Get Now.

I love Yo La Tengo, and I love this album.  I would have gone for a deluxe edition on the first go around.  But I'm not buying it again.

I agree with the first three of these statements and I'm on the fence on the fourth.  If my local record store had it in stock the other day I probably would have bought it.  Maybe I'll get it from itunes or something.