Your Favorite Roadie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever happen to Jonathan Parker ("JP")  - since he left Wilco? He was fun, though I never did like his/Wilco's rendition of Immigrant Song.

Don't know but he's good friends with a pal of mine and he gave us backstage passes for Wilco opening for Sheryl Crow in '97 or so. Good dude. He sang 'Paranoid," too I think.

Don't know but he's good friends with a pal of mine and he gave us backstage passes for Wilco opening for Sheryl Crow in '97 or so. Good dude. He sang 'Paranoid," too I think.

Did you meet Sheryl?

Wow, this thread is out of control: the Plaster Casters, uncle Jerry, a pic of the Hot Rats cover....it's like an MRI of my cerebellum. :lol

To chime in on the Dead discussion, I totally understand someone not getting them. My brother was a big Deadhead before me, and I just thought they were kind of boring. Not bad, but not exciting. I remember him turning me on to Europe '72, and just being apathetic about it. Now, it's a top ten pick for me. But I had multiple exposures to their music over a period of time, and one day, something clicked. If I hadn't been in the right frame of mind that day, I guess it wouldn't have clicked. I don't know. But it's very weird. And no psychedelic drugs were involved.

Did you meet Sheryl?

Not really. Gave her the 8th grade what's up (chin up nod) somewhere under the stage at Red Rocks. My pal made a comment to her like "nice set" after her set and she didn't acknowledge. Had some beers with some Wilcos, though.