Feels like this thread needs a little reviving, so I’ll post about the news that surfaced today about Jeff playing the “This Land Is Your Land” 80th anniversary concert benefitting Tulsa’s Woody Guthrie Center. The show, which also features Haley Heynderickx, Gangstagrass, John Fullbright and Branjae, will take place at Town Hall in New York City on Feb. 23.

I'm a bit tempted by this show. I have to imagine Jeff's set will be somewhat short, but I've recently discovered Haley Heynderickx, and really how could I not be intrigued by "gangstagrass"?! Conveniently, there's a Live From Here show at Town Hall the night before (guests TBA) which would make for a nice 2 days in the Big Apple.... 

edit: Live From Here on 02/22 does not include Jeff, sadly. (Guests: Nathaniel Rateliff, Aoife O'Donovan, Rachel Syme & Josh Gondelman)

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

1 hour ago, Madcap said:

Hopefully we can start filling this thread again soon!  Jeff is playing the opening of a new venue in Brooklyn on 9/30 and 10/1.

Ticket prices at that venue are insane.

On 6/10/2021 at 9:11 AM, nalafej said:

Jeff and Nels at Mass Moca next month! https://massmoca.org/event/jeff-tweedy-2021/. Tickets from $45 are much more approachable than the Brooklyn shows (!!)

The Nels Cline 4 have shows next weekend: https://sites.google.com/view/thenelscline4fathersday/

I'm really on the fence w/r/t the Mass Moca show. I don't like that 1) members will get a "preferred viewing area in front of the stage," and 2) the allegations against Joe are fairly strong at this point and it's strange that Wilco HQ have continued to sing his praises and collaborate with him as though those allegations don't matter.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 10:11 AM, knotgreen said:

I'm really on the fence w/r/t the Mass Moca show. I don't like that 1) members will get a "preferred viewing area in front of the stage," and 2) the allegations against Joe are fairly strong at this point and it's strange that Wilco HQ have continued to sing his praises and collaborate with him as though those allegations don't matter.

go to the Tree House show instead!

I guess i missed the Joe allegations. what's w/ that? a #metoo moment?

22 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

go to the Tree House show instead!

I guess i missed the Joe allegations. what's w/ that? a #metoo moment?

I'll be there!

And no, Joe was involved in a fatal car accident with a motorcyclist. 

"Assistant Berkshire District Attorney Stuart Weissman said the state believes Thompson's vehicle was traveling in the wrong lane before the collision. He said physical evidence, including the position of Fortier's body and the position of his motorcycle and other debris, support the state's theory."

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/archives/judge-rules-vehicular-manslaughter-case-against-mass-moca-director-to-continue/article_634acc3c-96f8-5a7d-9b16-4cee278307dd.html

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...