• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

It's GREAT to see Jeff play Canada this much. I can't recall him ever playing solo in Ontario outside of Toronto. Plus Maritime Canada, which I'm sure gets ignored all the time. Hopefully he pays this much attention to Western Canada in the summer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The second edition of The Decemberists' Travelers' Rest festival is coming back on Aug. 4-5 in singer Colin Meloy's hometown of Missoula, Montana, with a packed lineup featuring headlining sets on both nights from the hosts, as well as appearances by Death Cab For Cutie, Wilco's Jeff Tweedy. . .

I had never heard of that festival, but it's fairly nearish where my wife's dad lives, and it's on a long weekend here in BC, so I grabbed my tickets last night. Here's hoping Mavis and Jeff play the same day and can share the stage!

I had never heard of that festival, but it's fairly nearish where my wife's dad lives, and it's on a long weekend here in BC, so I grabbed my tickets last night. Here's hoping Mavis and Jeff play the same day and can share the stage!

My wife and I went to the first Traveller's Rest last summer and it was awesome. We are big Decemberists fans we're so bummed we can't go this year with Jeff and Mavis Satples and Death Cab on the bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Drummer Billy Martin (of Medeski Martin & Wood), jazz guitarist Marc Ribot and Wilco guitarist Nels Cline are teaming up this April for a “once in a lifetime” performance to benefit the nonprofit Art For Progress.

Working in New York City public schools, Art For Progress strives to provide “arts education programs” that connect “youth with working artists, their communities and each other.”

In addition to the Martin/Ribot/Cline trio, the show will feature Brooklyn-based trio Bad Faces, as well as the ATP student band Big Sweater.

The 18+ event will take place on April 10 at New York’s Le Poisson Rouge. Tickets and more information can be found here.

• 2 months later...

Tweedy just announced Fall solo dates for the West Coast

Milwaukeans (do they call themselves that?) might find the West Coast tag questionable?

Interesting onsale time of 7PM - never seen that before.

I had to do a double take this morning when I saw not one but TWO BC dates. Folks, this goes to show that whining and complaining works!!

Just pulled 2 pit tickets for the show up in Minneapolis. Looking forward to it  - a stay with my sister up there and she is looking forward to celebrating my kid's 9th birthday the Saturday after the show. 

(plus we have free baby sitting for Friday night - woo-hoo)

The Ticketmaster links shows Spencer -- does anybody know if he is playing with Jeff or is a solo show?

Just pulled 2 pit tickets for the show up in Minneapolis. Looking forward to it  - a stay with my sister up there and she is looking forward to celebrating my kid's 9th birthday the Saturday after the show. 

(plus we have free baby sitting for Friday night - woo-hoo)

The Ticketmaster links shows Spencer -- does anybody know if he is playing with Jeff or is a solo show?

Did you get floor seats, if you don't mind my asking? I saw one pair pop up in row B and it was gone by the time I clicked it. Everything else was in the balcony.

Did you get floor seats, if you don't mind my asking? I saw one pair pop up in row B and it was gone by the time I clicked it. Everything else was in the balcony.

I believe so - I think the ticket read Orchestra Pit Row 2. 

after much trouble i got first balcony tix for seattle. evidently bob seger tix went on sale at the same time & ticketbastard kept crashing. interesting, the venue is all seated but the show was GA by tier (floor, 1st balcony, 2nd balcony). luckily, they had a caveat about ADA seating. supposed to talk to the venue staff on arrival & they will seat me in a roped off section. should be ok. bad things going on with me & mobility & sadly i can't go to shows without ADA seating.

• 1 month later...

Glad John is finding work -- hopefully he is well compensated or at least well enough. 

I wonder if he and the rest get any retainer fee from Wilco, Inc. during the down time. I am guessing some, but probably not much.

for some reason I did a Google search on Wilco, Inc. and the below popped up - which I found a bit amusing.

WilcoInc. engages in stoking and selling aircraft and industrial parts and supplies in the United States. The company distributes pop rivets, batteries, tires, fuel ...

Edited by calvino