https://www.newmusicusa.org/projects/the-dither-extravaganza-2016/

We are stoked to announce the line-up for the 6th Dither Extravaganza! Sunday, December 4, 5:00 – 10:00 pm at the Frost Theater of the Arts in Williamsburg! Full information below!

DITHER
NELS CLINE
RABBIT RABBIT
GLASSER
DAVID GRUBBS & MANTRA PERCUSSION
ASHLEY BATHGATE
MIN XIAO-FEN
TOBY DRIVER
REAL LOUD
JOHN ZORN’S RUGBY
TRISTAN PERICH’S INTERFERENCE LOGIC

Sunday Dec 4, 2016, 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
@ 17 Frost Theater of the Arts
17 Frost St, Brooklyn, NY­
L to Lorimer, G to Metropolitan
$10 admission
Funded by New Music USA

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

03: Glenn Kotche "will arrange his solo percussion work, Mobile, for CYSO's new Philharmonic Orchestra" at Studebaker Theatre Chicago, IL

Didn't realize that another theatre was renovated. That's cool. Plus, it is right off the Metra Van Buren Electric line to boot.

Didn't realize that another theatre was renovated. That's cool. Plus, it is right off the Metra Van Buren Electric line to boot.

It does look nice. It it hard to tell for sure whether Glenn will actually be performing at that event. Hopefully we find out more closer to June.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just Added: Nels March 31 - April 2 workshop. On Filmore April 8.

Recently Added: Nels May 21

March

03: Glenn Kotche performing "Calling Glenn" with Danielle Agami/ ATE9 at Moore Theatre in Seattle, WA

09: Nels Cline at Boot & Saddle in Philadelphia, PA

10: Nels Cline Trio at Le Poison Rouge in New York, NY

11: Nels Cline at Nublu in New York, NY

25: Glenn Kotche at The Standard (Big Ears Festival) in Knoxville, TN

25: "Jeff Tweedy Meets Chickamorachi" at The Mill & Mine (Big Ears Festival) in Knoxville, TN

25: Cup (Nels Cline & Yuka C. Honda) at The Square Room (Big Ears Festival) in Knoxville, TN

26: Quindar at Bijou Theatre (Big Ears Festival) in Knoxville, TN

26: On Fillmore at The Standard (Big Ears Festival) in Knoxville, TN

31: Nels Cline will be part of Creative Music Studio NYC Workshop Intensive at Greenwich House Music School

April

01: Nels Cline will be part of Creative Music Studio NYC Workshop Intensive at Greenwich House Music School

02: Nels Cline will be part of Creative Music Studio NYC Workshop Intensive at Greenwich House Music School

08: On Fillmore Record Release at National Sawdust in New York

08: Nels Cline performs "Music From Lovers" at Royce Hall Los Angeles, CA

09: Nels Cline performs "Music From Lovers" at SFJazz San Francisco, CA

15: Glenn Kotche joins Third Coast Percussion to perform "Wild Sound" at Silva Concert Hall Eugene, OR

21: Glenn Kotche (with others) performs "The Colorado" at Bing Concert Hall in Stanford, CA

22: Glenn Kotche (with others) performs "The Colorado" at Bing Concert Hall in Stanford, CA

May

04: Nels Cline joins Medeski, Martin and Wood at The Civic Theatre in New Orleans, LA

06: Glenn Kotche joins Third Coast Percussion to perform Wild Sound at Overture Center for the Arts Madison, WI

21: Glenn Kotche performs with the CYSO at Symphony Center Orchestra Hall Chicago, IL

21: The Nels Cline Four (Nels, Scott Colley, Julian Lage, Tom Rainey) at Musique Actuelle in Victoriaville, Quebec

June

03: Glenn Kotche "will arrange his solo percussion work, Mobile, for CYSO's new Philharmonic Orchestra" at Studebaker Theatre Chicago, IL

16/17: Tweedy/Cup/Quindar/Autumn Defense/Glenn Kotche & S Carey at Eaux Claires Festival 

23/24/25: Tweedy/Quindar/ The Nels Cline Four/The Autumn Defense/On Fillmore at MASS MoCA (Solid Sound Festival) in North Adams, MA 

August

22: Nels Cline with Erik Friedlander, Yuka C Honda, Ikue Mori perform "Nearer the Spheres" at The Stone NY, NY

23: Nels Cline with Zeena Parkins at The Stone NY, NY

24: Nels Cline performs with Okkyung Lee and Booker Stardrum at The Stone NY, NY

25: Nels Cline with Dave Rempis, Taylor Ho Bynum, Michael TA Thompson and Chris Lightcap perform as "The Ring Nebula Project" at The Stone NY, NY

26: Nels Cline with Elliott Sharp, Mary Halvorson, Brandon Seabrook, Julian Lage and Ava Mendoza perform as "Bando Bro Jo" at The Stone NY, NY

27: Nels Cline with Julian Lage at The Stone NY, NY

• 2 weeks later...

Wilco

Sun, July 30, 2017

Doors: 6:00 pm / Show: 7:00 pm

Thompson’s Point

Portland, ME

http://www.statetheatreportland.com/event/1440805-wilco-portland/

I know Jeff and Tweedy have played in Portland, but i think this is the first Wilco show since... 09?

A great surprise on this Tuesday AM!

Wilco played the State Theater in January of 2016 right around their 2 nights at the Boston Orpheum. In fact, that Road Case was made free at one point. They even did an in store performance at Bull Moose Records before the State Theater show. I'm pretty sure that Wilco did the State Pier in 2009 which is a different venue than Thompson's Point.

I've seen them twice in Portland: 04 @ State Theater & 07 @ Merrill Auditorium. I met most of the band after the 04 show & I'm pretty sure that it was Jeff & Sue's anniversary, since they mentioned it and went up the street to find a place to celebrate. I also sat in front of either Stirratt's parents or In-Laws @ Merrill. They recognized me outside when John came over to chat with them.

Anyone think that they'll add some more New England area shows? I know that they're in NJ a few nights before the Maine show. I have an odd feeling that they might play Meadowbrook Farms in NH.

Wilco

Sun, July 30, 2017

Doors: 6:00 pm / Show: 7:00 pm

Thompson’s Point

Portland, ME

http://www.statetheatreportland.com/event/1440805-wilco-portland/

I know Jeff and Tweedy have played in Portland, but i think this is the first Wilco show since... 09?

A great surprise on this Tuesday AM!

This is a great surprise. A somewhat-of-a-hometown show for John!

I have not been to the venue, but I have not heard good things. It usually has seats with a "lawn" area behind that. There is no slope to the lawn area. Friends who saw Bob Dylan there last summer said it takes a long time (hour plus) to get out of the parking lot after. The aesthetics are lousy (unattractive layout with a raised interstate adjacent to it).

One saving grace: it looks like this may be a GA show since there is only one price. That could be a difference maker. Also, past the lawn area is a tidal river. If the tide is right, you could float out there in a kayak and listen for free. Not that I am going to do that - Wilco will most certainly get my $, and deservedly so.

I love that they love Portland.

This is a great surprise. A somewhat-of-a-hometown show for John!

I have not been to the venue, but I have not heard good things. It usually has seats with a "lawn" area behind that. There is no slope to the lawn area. Friends who saw Bob Dylan there last summer said it takes a long time (hour plus) to get out of the parking lot after. The aesthetics are lousy (unattractive layout with a raised interstate adjacent to it).

One saving grace: it looks like this may be a GA show since there is only one price. That could be a difference maker. Also, past the lawn area is a tidal river. If the tide is right, you could float out there in a kayak and listen for free. Not that I am going to do that - Wilco will most certainly get my $, and deservedly so.

I love that they love Portland.

I live 3mi from the venue, but haven't been to a show there either.  But I could see how getting out is a disaster. That'll take some planning to try and avoid (probably just walk up to Congress St and uber from there) And the sound might be rough, I could see that.  But it's a beautiful setting on the water. With a great craft beer brewery right on site that should be open for a good chunk of the day.  Will be a fun day!

Vic benefit shows were announced on 1/26 last year. Curious if we will hear anything this month about shows in May... 

Looks like April 21 and 22 at the Vic:

GENERAL ADMISSION tickets go on sale on Fri. Mar 3, 2017 10:00 AM CST

GOLD CIRCLE tickets go on sale on Fri. Mar 3, 2017 10:00 AM CST

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1443438?utm_source=fbTfly&utm_medium=ampOfficialEvent

• 1 month later...

Update: Nels and Lage Sept NYC show, Jeff Tweedy in Champaigne

Previous Update: Quindar in Philly

May

04: Nels Cline joins Medeski, Martin and Wood at The Civic Theatre in New Orleans, LA

06: Glenn Kotche joins Third Coast Percussion to perform Wild Sound at Overture Center for the Arts Madison, WI

11: Nels Cline performs with Scott Amendola Band at Cotten Club in Tokyo, Japan

12: Nels Cline performs with Scott Amendola Band at Cotten Club in Tokyo, Japan

13: Nels Cline performs with Scott Amendola Band at Cotten Club in Tokyo, Japan

20: The Nels Cline Four (Nels, Scott Colley, Julian Lage, Tom Rainey) at Le Poisson Rouge in New York

21: The Nels Cline Four (Nels, Scott Colley, Julian Lage, Tom Rainey) at Musique Actuelle in Victoriaville, Quebec

21: Glenn Kotche joins the CYSO to perform the world premier of "Infinite Tree" at Symphony Center Orchestra Hall Chicago, IL 

26: Quindar at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in Philadelphia, PA

June

16: Tweedy/Autumn Defense/Cup/Quindar/Glenn Kotche & S Carey at Eaux Claires Festival

25: Tweedy/Quindar/ The Autumn Defense/On Fillmore/The Nels Cline Four at MASS MoCA (Solid Sound Festival) in North Adams, MA

August

22: Nels Cline with Erik Friedlander, Yuka C Honda, Ikue Mori perform "Nearer the Spheres" at The Stone NY, NY

23: Nels Cline with Zeena Parkins at The Stone NY, NY

24: Nels Cline performs with Okkyung Lee and Booker Stardrum at The Stone NY, NY

25: Nels Cline with Dave Rempis, Taylor Ho Bynum, Michael TA Thompson and Chris Lightcap perform as "The Ring Nebula Project" at The Stone NY, NY

26: Nels Cline with Elliott Sharp, Mary Halvorson, Brandon Seabrook, Julian Lage and Ava Mendoza perform as "Bando Bro Jo" at The Stone NY, NY

27: Nels Cline with Julian Lage at The Stone in NY, NY

September

16: Jeff Tweedy at Foellinger Great Hall as part of the Ellnora Guitar Festival in Champaign, IL 

20: Nels Cline joins Julian Lage at The Stone in NY, NY

Looks like April 21 and 22 at the Vic:

GENERAL ADMISSION tickets go on sale on Fri. Mar 3, 2017 10:00 AM CST

GOLD CIRCLE tickets go on sale on Fri. Mar 3, 2017 10:00 AM CST

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1443438?utm_source=fbTfly&utm_medium=ampOfficialEvent

It looks like there are more Gold Circle seats available for both nights.

I love their bio:

Iconic Wilco founder Jeff Tweedy started out in the Downstate Illinois alt-country band Uncle Tupelo and became one of American music’s most accomplished artists with a soaring combination of acoustic rock melodies and resonant poetry. This was achieved with particular brilliance on Rolling Stone’s #3 album of the 2000s—Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. In total, Tweedy has released 15 studio albums and expanded the impact of his creativity through TV appearances (PortlandiaParks and Recreation) and recording projects with Billy Bragg (Mermaid Avenue series), Mavis Staples (producer of the Grammy Award-winning You Are Not Alone), and ELLNORA alum Richard Thompson (Still), as well as his son, Spencer (check out their video for Low Key directed by Illinois Theatre alum Nick Offerman). Foellinger Great Hall provides a gorgeous setting in which to experience this inventive, ever-evolving artist.

Good sleuthing! B)

It was more open up Google alert email than sleuthing, but thanks :-)

I love their bio:

Iconic Wilco founder Jeff Tweedy started out in the Downstate Illinois alt-country band Uncle Tupelo and became one of American music’s most accomplished artists with a soaring combination of acoustic rock melodies and resonant poetry. This was achieved with particular brilliance on Rolling Stone’s #3 album of the 2000s—Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. In total, Tweedy has released 15 studio albums and expanded the impact of his creativity through TV appearances (PortlandiaParks and Recreation) and recording projects with Billy Bragg (Mermaid Avenue series), Mavis Staples (producer of the Grammy Award-winning You Are Not Alone), and ELLNORA alum Richard Thompson (Still), as well as his son, Spencer (check out their video for Low Key directed by Illinois Theatre alum Nick Offerman). Foellinger Great Hall provides a gorgeous setting in which to experience this inventive, ever-evolving artist.

I like this, too!

15 studio albums must include Wilco/Uncle Tupelo/Tweedy albums but leave out Mermaid Aves, Golden Smog, Loose Fur. Seems like they should have included Loose Fur but why put a number on it anyway.

John Stirratt made an unbilled (but hinted at) appearance in Boston last night at the Paradise for Hot Stove Cool Music. That's the rock show that benefits Theo Epstein's A Foundation to be Named Later. Last night's show was headlined by Eddie Vedder. 

John backed Eddie up on Aerosmith's Draw The Line.

John performed at the same event at Metro in Chicago a few years ago.