• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

I was looking at the other dates for Wilco. The tour ends May 9 in Atlanta, then there's the JT solo charity show in Chicago on May 15. Then there's this event and nothing else until Solid Sound on June 26. I do believe there's a little time in there for a short solo (or Tweedy band) tour of the southeast. Jeff, make it so!

Glenn Kotche performing tonight at Elmhurst College's Hammerschmidt Chapel. Performing with the Elmhurst College percussion ensemble. No advanced tickets available. First come/first served. See you there  :)  $10

From Facebook:

Due to an urgent family health matter, Nels Cline and Julian Lage have rescheduled their shows tonight in Northampton, MA to October 22 and Saturday's show in Portland, ME to October 21. Tomorrow's shows at Firehouse 12 in New Haven, CT is cancelled.

10/21 - SPACE Gallery - Portland, ME
10/22 - The Parlor Room - Northampton, MA (2 shows)

All tickets will automatically transfer to the new show date. If you cannot make the new dates, refunds will be honored.

I was looking at the other dates for Wilco. The tour ends May 9 in Atlanta, then there's the JT solo charity show in Chicago on May 15. Then there's this event and nothing else until Solid Sound on June 26. I do believe there's a little time in there for a short solo (or Tweedy band) tour of the southeast. Jeff, make it so!

They might be recording....

From Facebook:

Due to an urgent family health matter, Nels Cline and Julian Lage have rescheduled their shows tonight in Northampton, MA to October 22 and Saturday's show in Portland, ME to October 21. Tomorrow's shows at Firehouse 12 in New Haven, CT is cancelled.

10/21 - SPACE Gallery - Portland, ME

10/22 - The Parlor Room - Northampton, MA (2 shows)

All tickets will automatically transfer to the new show date. If you cannot make the new dates, refunds will be honored.

damn. the rescheduled dates are still week days.

• 3 weeks later...

Nels Cline and Julian Lage are doing another tour. Happy to see some Texas shows on the calendar.

10/20 - Fall River, MA - Narrows Center for the Arts
10/21 - Portland, ME - SPACE Gallery * on sale now
10/22 - Northampton, MA - The Parlor Room (2 shows) * on sale now
10/23 - Ithaca, NY - The Dock
10/24 - Erie, PA - Mercyhurst College *on sale 7/6
10/27 - Houston, TX - Mucky Duck
10/28 - Austin, TX - Cactus Cafe (2 shows)
10/29 - Dallas, TX - Kessler Theater

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May 16 Nels Cline Singers in Victoriaville, Canada

The below is from an email I got from the Downtown MusicGallery Newsletter - Sounds like is was a great show - hopefully it will be release some day.

Even better was the next set by the Nels Cline Singers Unlimited. The jokeabout the Nels Cline Singers is that there is little or no singing in thisformidable trio. The current group features Nels on guitar, Trevor Dunn onbasses, Scott Amendola on drums and their newer member Cyro Baptista onpercussion & occasional wacky vocals. Mr. Cline has been wanting to do anextended version of this group for quite some time so after a couple ofyears of planning they finally pulled it off here at Victo. The otherguests for this gig were Zeena Parkins on electric harp, Brian Marsella onkeyboard (from Zion80 & Banquet of the Spirits) and Marc Ribot on secondguitar. This septet filled the big stage at Collosem A and were justamazing! Starting with those dark Mahavishnu Orchestra like chordschurning, the suspense was built higher and higher. When the music finallyexploded it was Nels; and Zeena's intense shrapnel of sounds combined topush the vibe even higher! Things erupted when Ribot took the first solo,the double guitars sounding a bit like those cosmic McLaughlin/Santana jamsfrom the mid-seventies. Mr. Marsella also let loose a powerful organ solo,this was voodoo jazz/rock at its best. Although Mr. Amendola is a greatdrummer on his own, Mr. Baptista adds another layer of percussiveinteraction that keeps things the cauldron boiling throughout. The nextsong was even more funky and featured some great solos from Mr. Ribot andMs Parkins, two of Downtown's finest lynchpins. The septet actually laidback for a ballad called, "Respira" which was quite lovely and still fitwell within the usual lower-key fireworks. This was perhaps the mostexciting set of the fest. Everyone was smiling at the end of the set asthey left the room and feeling much better than when they arrived. 
  • 1 month later...

John is doing the theo Epstein Cubs benefit again this year. July 9 at Metro.

Any reports from last night? Eddie Vedder headlined. Saw a tweeted pic of John singing background along with many of the other musicians. Curious what the night was like.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting those dates. I had not checked in a while. I now add all dates to our Wilco Live Show Archive sheet. I see John, Pat, and Mikael don't have anything listed at this time.

Nels has a busy schedule coming up, probably means not much Wilco after the just announced gigs:

18-Oct le poisson rouge New York, NY 20-Oct Narrows Center

Fall River, MA w/ Julian Lage 21-Oct SPACE Gallery

Portland, ME w/ Julian Lage 22-Oct The Parlor Room (Early Show)

Northampton, MA w/ Julian Lage 22-Oct The Parlor Room (Late Show)

Northampton, MA w/ Julian Lage 23-Oct The Dock

Ithaca, NY w/ Julian Lage 24-Oct Mercyhurst College

Erie, PA w/ Julian Lage 27-Oct Mucky Duck

Houston, TX w/ Julian Lage 28-Oct Cactus Cafe (Early Show)

Austin, TX w/ Julian Lage 28-Oct Cactus Cafe (Late Show)

Austin, TX w/ Julian Lage 29-Oct Kessler Theatre

Dallas, TX w/ Julian Lage 4-Nov Wooly's

Des Moines, IA w/ Sam Amidon 5-Nov SPACE

Evanston, IL w/ Sam Amidon 6-Nov Colectivo on Prospect

Milwaukee, WI w/ Sam Amidon 7-Nov Cedar Cultural Center

Minneapolis, MN w/ Sam Amidon, Stained... 9-Nov Largo at the Coronet

Los Angeles, CA w/ Scott Amendola Band 10-Nov Yoshi's

Oakland, CA w/ Scott Amendola Band 11-Nov Arcata Playhouse

Arcata, CA w/ Scott Amendola Band 12-Nov Arcata Playhouse

Arcata, CA w/ Scott Amendola Band 13-Nov Mississippi Studios

Portland, OR w/ Scott Amendola Band      

Heads up there's a few typos here. I noticed because I'm going to see Nels & Julian in Ithaca, NY & probably Erie, PA too & those are Oct. 23rd & 24th (here it looks like the 24th & 27th). I think something happened with listing North Hampton wrong...things get right again

I tried to copy from his website & it came out screwy here too...

Here's a link to the dates

http://nelscline.com/shows

Heads up there's a few typos here. I noticed because I'm going to see Nels & Julian in Ithaca, NY & probably Erie, PA too & those are Oct. 23rd & 24th (here it looks like the 24th & 27th). I think something happened with listing North Hampton wrong...things get right again

I tried to copy from his website & it came out screwy here too...

Here's a link to the dates

http://nelscline.com/shows

Oops. Sorry about that. Thanks for catching it.