• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

Bought tickets for Autumn Defense Chicago show. Anybody been to the venue yet? I haven't. Curious how it measures up to other small/medium spots in town.

Dec 14: John Stirrat plays at Kathyfest Lincoln Hall Chicago, IL

Is this the show you are referring to? Lincoln Hall is a really nice medium sized venue. Wilco played there a couple years ago.

LouieB

Is this the show you are referring to? Lincoln Hall is a really nice medium sized venue. Wilco played there a couple years ago.

LouieB

Nope. Autumn Defense is playing at Concord Music Hall on January 10th. I've never been to CMH and am curious about it.

LH is a great venue - I've seen Wilco and a dozen other great shows there.

Yesterday I bought tickets for On Fillmore in Sao Paulo \o/

They have a few dates in Brazil:

Dec 5: On Fillmore @ Piracicaba

Dec 6: On Fillmore @ São Paulo

Dec 7: On Fillmore @ São Paulo

Dec 9: On Fillmore @ Rio de Janeiro

At least one sixth of the band is coming to Brazil  :dance

Nope. Autumn Defense is playing at Concord Music Hall on January 10th. I've never been to CMH and am curious about it.

LH is a great venue - I've seen Wilco and a dozen other great shows there.

Ah didn't see that. Hmmm..maybe will check that out since I have not been there either.

LouieB

• 3 weeks later...

John played solo - two tunes: Guthrie's "Ease My Revolutionary Mind" and 'It's Just That Simple" - Both played nicely. I thought "Revolutionary Mind" was an interesting choice since the audience consisted of mostly 2-8 year old's. After playing he came out into the audience and hung out with (I'm assuming) his wife and daughter, before heading back up to the stage for the "This Land is Your Land" - he brought his daughter up on stage with him. Each performer sang a verse and John sang my favorite line of the tune:

"As I went walking I saw a sign there

And on the sign it said "No Trespassing."

But on the other side it didn't say nothing,

That side was made for you and me."

Anyway, a fun show - must admit the $5.50 Bloody Mary's (it was a 11am start) helped, plus I happen to win a 1 hour massage session in a raffle.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted this elsewhere, but does anyone know what time the AD is on tonight? lf it is at a reasonable time I may go. I can't find any times on the net.

LouieB

Not sure of an exact set time for the AD, Lou, but I saw that the second band posted they're on at 9:15 sharp so maybe that helps a little? Maybe around 10:15 for AD?

Also if you get a chance to go, try to check out the first artist on the bill, Dick Prall, who in addition to being good is also a member of the Wilco "family."

Not sure of an exact set time for the AD, Lou, but I saw that the second band posted they're on at 9:15 sharp so maybe that helps a little? Maybe around 10:15 for AD?

Also if you get a chance to go, try to check out the first artist on the bill, Dick Prall, who in addition to being good is also a member of the Wilco "family."

How is he part of the family? Are you going?

Honestly I don't think I have the energy to go. Been a busy week and got crap to do tomorrow.

Lou

How is he part of the family? Are you going?

Honestly I don't think I have the energy to go. Been a busy week and got crap to do tomorrow.

Lou

Yeah, I think I'm gonna check it out. As I told you, I've been wanting to at least check out the venue. Dick has been on the Wilco road crew for the past few years, and is a very good singer-songwriter in his own right. Hope to see you there, but I'll understand if you take a pass...

I think I am going to save my energy and go see Robbie Fulks again on Monday. Or maybe even check out the Jason Molina tribute show on Saturday.

I dunno.....I may show up.

LouieB

Well, hope to see you tonight. That Molina show is sold out, FYI, so hopefully you got a ticket! I think I'm gonna try to make it to Robbie's show on Monday as well; been too long for me.

Well, hope to see you tonight. That Molina show is sold out, FYI, so hopefully you got a ticket! I think I'm gonna try to make it to Robbie's show on Monday as well; been too long for me.

Well that makes sense about the Molina show. I don't keep track of such things so it only makes sense that it is sold out. Monday seems doable though. Maybe the Concord. I can't imagine it is that it will be that crowded, but then again there may be tons of scenesters.

LouieB

Well that makes sense about the Molina show. I don't keep track of such things so it only makes sense that it is sold out. Monday seems doable though. Maybe the Concord. I can't imagine it is that it will be that crowded, but then again there may be tons of scenesters.

LouieB

I don't think the show tonight will be too bad, but who knows? I don't really know how big the place is, but I did see they were offering tickets as a Reader "Real Deal" the other day, so maybe they're not selling that well?

Autumn Defense went on at 11pm. The venue's acoustics are terrible and it was clear during the first songs they played that the sound wasn't good on stage either. Pat was constantly giving direction for his monitors between songs. I have to admit to leaving because of the sound after about 6 songs. 

It was a decent sized crowd, but they weren't attentive at the beginning of Autumn Defense's set and there was a fair amount of chatter in the back during Giving Tree Band's set too. 

Looking forward to/hoping to see Autumn Defense at Lincoln Hall or somewhere with great sound (Space in Evanston?) again soon.

• 1 month later...