• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

Looks like pre-sale is gone. I missed it :-(

The Étude Sessions will offer a presale to supporters beginning on Friday January 8 at 10a, visit http://www.etudegroup.org/etude-sessions/ for more information.  

The Weill Center will also offer a presale to preferred patrons beginning on Friday January 8, contact the theater for more information.

THE STONE in New York City - Is located at the NW corner of Avenue C & East 2nd Sts.

1/20 Wednesday

8 pm - Rova Saxophone Quartet: Larry Ochs, Steve Adams, Jon Raskin,

Bruce Ackley plus Nels Cline + Trevor Dunn + Allison Miller - Bruce Ackley,

Steve Adams, Larry Ochs, Jon Raskin (saxes) Nels Cline (guitar) Trevor Dunn

(bass) Allison Miller (drums);

Rova plus Nels Cline, Trevor Dunn andAllison Miller:

performing pieces by Cline, Adams, Ochs and Rova, some

recorded in 2011 for the New World Records label.

• 1 month later...

http://jamusa.com/events/jpp-wilco/

TICKETS GO ON SALE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26 AT 11AM

Tickets are required for entrance to the Jay Pritzker Pavilion. Reserved tickets will be available at $85.00 and $75.00. There are also $30.00 lawn tickets available for listening only. All tickets are available online at eTix.com. There are strictly-enforced tickets limits: 4 per person for reserved seats and 8 per person for lawn tickets.

Gates open at 5:00pm. Showtime is 6:30pm sharp. Early arrival on the night of the concert is encouraged. All ages are welcome. The concert will take place rain or shine. Concert policies for Pritzker Pavilion can be accessed here:  http://jamusa.com/wilco

I've never been to the venue, but noticed the cheap tickets are described as being available for "listening only".  What does that mean, that you can't see the stage? 

That is correct, one can't see the stage, unless they are at the very front.

I don't remember ever seeing screens.

It's not a bad experience -- the sound is typically pretty good in the lawn. Of course we usually sit out there during a free show.

The Jay Pritzker Pavilion show in 2007 was fun --and  I was in the front part of the lawn for that.

Just about every show I have seen at Pritzger in the last couple years (although not all) has had a video screen on stage which is viewable from the lawn.  I would assume that they will use this for Wilco as well.  Pritzger does not utilize video screens right on the lawn, which is why I guess they are saying it is for listening only.  The lawn can get kind of noisy actually and don't sit on it for free shows and certainly would think twice about it if you can't get close enough to see the screen on stage.

LouieB

Bringing this back to solo shows, side projects etc:

mikaeljorgensenFriends, TRIMBIN is coming.

Along with my collaborators — musicians James Thomas, William Tyler and Nick Hallett (aka the Trimbin Band)— we've been working with the Hugh M. Hefner Moving Image Archive at the USC School of Cinematic Arts to review, digitize, and score the lost films of Fred Engelberg (1929-2012), a Los Angeles based filmmaker, folk musician, poet, and visionary whose projects have been lost to time. This March, the Trimbin band will present the first public screening of excerpts of Engelberg's films- along with live musical accompaniment- as part of the 2016 Ecstatic Music festival at the Merkin Concert Hall and again at the Hunter Theater at massmoca. Additional performances and screenings throughout 2016. More details forthcoming, but in the meantime, save the dates: NYC 3/17 + North Adams MA, 3/19.
  • 3 weeks later...

Glenn in St. Louis on 4/20 at Symphony:

The STL Symphony, in partnership with the Pulitzer Arts Foundation, is pleased to announce a special Wednesday, April 20 performance of Pulitzer Prize winner John Luther Adams’ Ilimaq by percussionist Glenn Kotche,

• 2 weeks later...