You just can't live in Texas unless you got a lotta soul

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You going to do an 'agriculture' column?

We are working on a legal-weed-in-NY story for the Jan. 23 edition.

Do that, and then actually move here. But don't tell her.

I think there's a Who song which would cover that scenario - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0iA_rOcn9Y

I heard that IL has the current highest rate of citizens moving out of state. If I could I would but I cant (right now).

Businesses are moving, that's for sure. This state's fucked up.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the deal with this "affluenza" punk in TX? I thought Texas was pretty hardcore when it comes to law and order. Is the kid getting away with it just because his parents are rich? Any of you guys following this story?

I live outside of Fort Worth and it has been big news here. Combined with the Josh Brent story, there has been a lot of justified outrage over it.

What is the deal with this "affluenza" punk in TX? I thought Texas was pretty hardcore when it comes to law and order. Is the kid getting away with it just because his parents are rich? Any of you guys following this story?

from what I read, the problem is that since the proceedings were closed we can't know exactly what the Court's rationale was for the outcome (i.e. whether the whole "affluenza" thing had anything to do with it). 

That is one of the perceived problems of elected judges...money. Money. Money. Money.

• 5 months later...

75%. "If you ain't a native, you sure are fixin' ta become one! This clearly ain't your first rodeo."

Getting ready to drive up to Austin for an evening of drinking and dining with some old friends; I'll definitely make sure I'm gone before President Obama's arrival screws up traffic tomorrow night. It's too bad he couldn't find the time to visit illegal-immigrant-stressed south Texas, but I guess that might adversely impact his $32,000-per-plate fundraiser at director Robert Rodriguez's house. 

75%. "If you ain't a native, you sure are fixin' ta become one! This clearly ain't your first rodeo."

Getting ready to drive up to Austin for an evening of drinking and dining with some old friends; I'll definitely make sure I'm gone before President Obama's arrival screws up traffic tomorrow night. It's too bad he couldn't find the time to visit illegal-immigrant-stressed south Texas, but I guess that might adversely impact his $32,000-per-plate fundraiser at director Robert Rodriguez's house. 

Only 75%? Where did you go wrong?

I'll definitely make sure I'm gone before President Obama's arrival screws up traffic tomorrow night. It's too bad he couldn't find the time to visit illegal-immigrant-stressed south Texas, but I guess that might adversely impact his $32,000-per-plate fundraiser at director Robert Rodriguez's house.

A politician having a fundraiser?! WTF? Why doesn't he just ask the Koch brothers for money like all those bootstrappy republicans?

Heh - one thing New York and Texas has in common is annoyance at the president messing up traffic!

97%,,,but only I'm sure it's because I like my tea unsweet.