You just can't live in Texas unless you got a lotta soul

I told my neighbor that he had a busted sprinkler head when we saw each other this morning.

I guess if I lived in Hixter's hood I would have done the repair for him myself.

One of my neighbors fancies himself The Sprinkler King and keeps a huge toolbox filled with fittings. If he sees or hears of a problem with your sprinklers he's there and fixing them in no time at no cost.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Texas has Shiner. But New England has Heady Topper. :beer

I'm not a fan of Shiner. There are much better beers made in Texas.

I made a 300-mile side trip to pick up a case of Heady Topper before Friday night's Solid Sound. I cultured the yeast from a few cans and use it to brew some great IPAs and APAs.

One of my neighbors fancies himself The Sprinkler King and keeps a huge toolbox filled with fittings. If he sees or hears of a problem with your sprinklers he's there and fixing them in no time at no cost.

I wouldn't have expected it any other way.

Texas has 17 universities bigger than the largest university in my current state of Maine. That is a crapload of college students. And at least one of them on the list above - UT Austin - is considered a good university (that should get some people fired up!).

On another note, the mums thing is beyond odd. To an outsider, it looks like a waste of resources.

Everything is bigger in Texas except for the size of the dick on whoever wrote that article.

Snort!

Everything is bigger in Texas except for the size of the dick on whoever wrote that article.

santa-making-obscene-gesture-7374805.jpghttp://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/santa-making-obscene-gesture-7374805.jpg[/url]

Did you write it yourself, man? You can be straight with us.

• 2 weeks later...

a place called Texadelphia here has the greatest queso. I eat it 'til I feel uncomfortable.

Texadelphia is great. Although none seemed to match the original one in Austin on Guadalupe by campus.

The queso at Fuzzy's Taco Shop is better, though.

Hot and racist I tell you!

That ought to do it.

Birth State of Stevie Ray Vaughn, Willie Nelson and Billy Gibbons.

I visited Austin once, got 30 bucks ripped off me by a scumbag at a reggae fest and sprained my ankle going back to the Austin Motel across the street from the Continental Club, resulting in me visiting the local (unbeknownst to me) public hospital in the middle of the night where they diagnosed my injury and gave me a bunch of pain killers for free (which I threw away). All in all, it was still a pretty good time. Saw Alejandro E. the next night on crutches. Lone Star, YEAH!

7. Texas state pride

We may be the most hated state in the United States, but who cares? I understand why. Their states just don’t hold their own when it comes to competition. They don’t understand state pride, because they don’t have much to be prideful of. It doesn’t matter where you travel in this world. EVERYONE knows where Texas is. It’s practically it’s own country.

For this reason alone, I have no desire to ever visit the state. To say that the other 49 states "don't understand state pride because they don't have much to be prideful of" is not only untrue but also pretty obnoxious.

Even people who live in NYC - which has the Northeast's version of "we are the center of the universe" syndrome - have the decency to complain about how bad it is now compared to the good old days. And they have been doing that since the 1800s or something. Kinda cool in it's own weird way...

I much prefer the midwest's approach to pride in general, as exemplified by Garrison Keillor's monologues. Everything is "oh, pretty good," or "not that bad." A little humility goes a long way.

By the way, I have been through TX a couple times, via Houston airport and possibly Dallas/Ft. Worth. Nothing memorable. There are plenty of better airports in other parts of the world. Ha!