• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard-Sherman-meme3.jpg

I went from mildly supporting the Broncos to now hoping Manning & crew makes this asshole eat his words.

why? dude was put in front of a mic seconds after the biggest moment of his professional career (a moment in which he backed up his previous words, no less). itd be weird if he wasnt hyped up about it

ill never understand why people seem to want athletes to be soulless robots all the time. that interview was bizarre but so much better than the canned "it was a team effort/both teams played great/thank you god" bullshit most athletes peddle in these moments

I have no problem with passion, and we all know that trash talking is part of the game -- especially between receivers and corners.  But I'm not going to give him a free pass because of that.  You don't talk shit about another player on national TV like that.

While Smith was celebrating the interception, Sherman exchanged words with Crabtree, got shoved in the face as a rebuttal then made a choking gesture toward the San Francisco bench that he said was intended for quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Asked about the incident afterward by Fox reporter Erin Andrews, Sherman lit up Twitter with a rant that began: "I'm the best corner in the game. When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get. Don't you ever talk about me!"

--------------------------------

On the continuum between passion and asshole, this is clearly on the asshole end of the scale.

you guys know this wasnt an isolated incident between sherman and crabtree right? theyve been exchanging words for the past few seasons now (including crabtree trying to start a fight at an offseason charity event), so when the moment came to literally put up or shut up between them and sherman made the big play to end the game, hes got every right to mouth off in my book. id have no problem with crabtree doing the same if roles were reversed

every sport needs characters like this. its a game, its not supposed to be serious business all the time

Before you go ahead and pass judgement on Sherman, I would suggest you read this.  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tommytomlinson/2014/01/19/22-brief-thoughts-about-that-richard-sherman-interview/

It does put things into perspective.

I like the Seahawks and I will be cheering for them, but I don't see how they will be able to beat Manning and Broncos, especially without the 12 man.    

Prediction Broncos 34 - Seahawks 17.   MVP Payton Manning 

I have to say, after watching sports for three decades and listening to jocks say the same prepackaged BS throughout those three decades, anytime an athlete deviates from the script is a time I like. And if Erin Andrews is somehow upset by the fact that she got a different interview than what she expected (don't get me started on how for the most part "sports journalism" is an oxymoron), then she's really in the wrong line of work.

I have to say, after watching sports for three decades and listening to jocks say the same prepackaged BS throughout those three decades, anytime an athlete deviates from the script is a time I like. And if Erin Andrews is somehow upset by the fact that she got a different interview than what she expected (don't get me started on how for the most part "sports journalism" is an oxymoron), then she's really in the wrong line of work.

I'm not sure I understand your slam on sports journalism, or how sideline reporting could even be considered that.

And if Erin Andrews is somehow upset by the fact that she got a different interview than what she expected (don't get me started on how for the most part "sports journalism" is an oxymoron), then she's really in the wrong line of work.

Has Erin Andrews said anything about the interview after it happened?  She handled it pretty well during IMHO.  

Infact her twitter feed seem to imply the opposite.  

I don't know if Ms. Andrews was happy, sad or abiding in equanimity over the interview, hence the use of the word "if." She did handle it professionally. Since so much of sports journalism is the unscrutinized and uncritical processing of all the disingenuous, boring, repetitive stuff jocks say because that's what they're expected to say, that's why I don't take the vast majority of it seriously at all.

I'm not sure I understand your slam on sports journalism, or how sideline reporting could even be considered that.

its not. more often than not its just an excuse to get a pretty face or famous name on camera for a few seconds

i find it hilarious how sports journalism (or w/e you want to call it) keeps trying to bring fans closer and closer to the game with onfield mics or sideline reporters and the like, then you get a rare unguarded moment like this and everyone flips out. newsflash: highly competitive elite athletes in the midst of the biggest adrenaline rush of their season so far say crazy things

I don't know if Ms. Andrews was happy, sad or abiding in equanimity over the interview, hence the use of the word "if." She did handle it professionally. Since so much of sports journalism is the unscrutinized and uncritical processing of all the disingenuous, boring, repetitive stuff jocks say because that's what they're expected to say, that's why I don't take the vast majority of it seriously at all.

That's a shame because there are plenty of sports journalists who can run circles around most others by finding fresh insight, analysis, and perspectives on a nightly basis. You're a little too dismissive.

That's a shame because there are plenty of sports journalists who can run circles around most others by finding fresh insight, analysis, and perspectives on a nightly basis. You're a little too dismissive.

Shit, sorry man.

I loved it.  Fox loved it.  Erin Andrews loved it.  It's good for everyone.

Yup.

Andrews automatically asked the question "who was talking about you...?." with a great expression on her face ---- great piece of tv --- of course in her ear piece somebody probably said cut ...so she did.

My pick:

Denver 31 - Seattle 24

i thought it was ridiculous when i first saw it, but after learning the back story i am fine w/ it.

and yeah...interviewing the guy seconds after making a huge play to help his team go to the Super Bowl, against a guy he actively hates? BOOM!

no surprises there.

the more offensive post-game interview was Pam Oliver acting like she was at a funeral when talking w/ dickhead #1 Harbaugh.

call me old school, but class wins out every time.

THANK YOU.  Call me old school too, but what was entertaining for me was the play just before that  And the plays leading up to it.  It was a great game.  I could care less about the back and forth, "oh no you didn't" smack talking bullshit in sports.  Shut up and play some damn football.