Is it taboo to ask about Speedracer

I took a long break from the board -- real life got busy. I see that Speedracer had been banned. I used to really enjoy her posts and her radical feminism. What happened that got her banned? This board seems like a pretty embrasive "free to be you and me" crowd, so I imagine whatever it was must have been very bad. But can't some trespasses be like Suarez biting another player, where you give the red card and they sit out a few months but are allowed back? I don't know her personally or in real life, but just miss her banter.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to answer the OP's thread question:  yes.  please see the rules and regulations which state:

It is inappropriate to use these forums to criticize the decisions of our moderators

If you have an issue with our policies or our moderation staff, please contact us directly. Threads regarding forum or member issues are not permitted, except for technical problems which may be addressed in the "Speakers Speaking in Code" forum.

The moderating staff reserves the right to close or remove any post or thread at any time for any reason, without notice. We generally will contact the relevant parties by PM to explain our actions. At times the moderators may be overloaded with work and will not have time to do this. You may always contact us with any questions.

If banishment becomes necessary, it is permanent and the user cannot be reinstated. Banished or suspended members found signing up under a new user ID will have their account immediately terminated.

I miss Jules & the other broad who inspired this thread.

I give this thread until 8 pm till it is nuked from orbit.

I am obviously ignorant about a lot of what goes on here.  I don't know about the bannings, and when I read the rules in the context of this thread, they're a lot stronger than I would have thought. 

I miss them both.

Agreed, both are missed --- jules could be  dick (at times), but a funny one and every board needs one.

I just reread the Bennett suing Tweedy song parody thread  last month or so -- that was fun read, mostly thanks to Speedracer.

didn't speedracer/sexnap come back at some point after the 1st banning? or was that self-exile?

Pretty sure speedracer came back as don draper for a while. Then after the Jules dust-up, she essentially revealed who she was and was promptly banned again. But I could be wrong. 

I don't know anything about this controversy, but I'm glad you're back. I enjoy your posts, and this board could use a little more yin to balance the yang! (Shameless borrowing of your metaphor from another thread).

Awww. (((Hug)))

Both Speedracer and Jules have been banned. But the circumstances and reasons for their bans remain shrouded in mystery and locked inside a secret vault. Their presence is definitely missed.

:'-( Jules too? Say it ain't so. Can't we all just get along here in Wilcotopia?

:'-( Jules too? Say it ain't so. Can't we all just get along here in Wilcotopia?

We pretty much all do. Unless the opportunity for us to get along is arbitrarily taken away from us. Good to have you back!

I know SpeedRacer was basically taunting the moderators and got bounced after being on double secret probation.

I was not aware that Jules got bounced.

I believe we are in the end game portion of this boards life.

With no activity from the band and several month away from Jeff's solo record, we have no unifying force to keep us involved and interested.

The Political stuff should have been quashed from the outset. All it served to do was cause strident opinions and hard feelings.

This board has become a real repository of butthurt lately, and I don't see things changing for the better anytime soon.

I'll post Neko Case photos from tmrw's show. 

If that doesn't change things for the better, nothing will.

I think the slide into ennui is irreversible.