the 123 Worst Musicians of all Time

Somewhat on this thread but maybe not mentioned in the above list(I'm not going to read it), it dawned on me the other day how untalented JayZ is. Now let me preface this by saying I have never owned a rap album outside of License to Ill and maybe the green Beastie Boys cd at one time but I can give credit where credit is due.  I do see/hear what some would find appealing with Snoop,Biggie and maybe WuTang or Outcast amongst others(sorry these references are so lame, would you ever believe I was a white guy from Kentucky). I know there are other rappers worse than Jay Z(Little Wayne) but not any worse that have made as much money. I mean he is an icon. There is a lot of music that sucks in other genres but even those people who suck appear to have some entertaining quality or charisma. My sample size of Jay Z is limited to award shows so maybe I'm not getting a true feel of his genius because usually by the end of the song they have brought out Maroon 5, Steven Tyler, Bette Midler and Dave Grohl to finish some sort of medley. I'm not a close minded person, I just think he sounds like a guy talking through a song....am I crazy?

Nope, you're not crazy. He sounds exactly like a guy talking through a song, along with about 99% of his peers in that genre.

I thought that was the whole point of the Rap. 

A friend of mine earned a masters degree in music, and wrote his college thesis on "how Rap is not music".  

I caught the Phish from Vermont last weekend and they sounded great, per usual these days. The band is on fire. Again.

I'm sure.  I just thought it was funny to put them on the list without a critique.

I'm sure.  I just thought it was funny to put them on the list without a critique.

Yeah, they usually only get a "Phish sucks" with zero critique from most Phish detractors, anyway. For a hoot, go to the 80s Dead Tour page on fb sometime and mention Phish.... 

For a hoot, go to the 80s Dead Tour page on fb sometime and mention Phish.... 

Oh, man, that page is a trip. I'm on it, and there's some fucktard insisting that Bob Weir is infallibly correct in his opinion that the last couple years of Brent's tenure were the Dead's best years. Better than '72 or '74 or '77? Yeah, okay. Comical.

Oh, man, that page is a trip. I'm on it, and there's some fucktard insisting that Bob Weir is infallibly correct in his opinion that the last couple years of Brent's tenure were the Dead's best years. Better than '72 or '74 or '77? Yeah, okay. Comical.

Saw this briefly this morning. It's in contrast to another guy on there saying he completely disagrees with Weir. I agree with Weir, with the caveat of adding those late 80s years among several other eras, though.

Yeah, they usually only get a "Phish sucks" with zero critique from most Phish detractors, anyway. For a hoot, go to the 80s Dead Tour page on fb sometime and mention Phish.... 

Yeah, they get CRAZY about that shit.

Ugh, I stopped at David Bowie. I know it's tongue in cheek and all, but too many ridiculous insults hurled at rock icons.

You guys are too sensitive.  I laughed my ass off.  

Some of my favorites:

FOO FIGHTERS

Foo Fighters are a band for people who want to listen to “rock music” but only have an FM radio and an IQ of less than 75. They are the musical equivalent of the politician who will say whatever people want to hear to get elected. Foo Fighters are the Mitt Romney of rock music.

CREAM / ERIC CLAPTON

White man discover guitar. White man like guitar. Guitar fun. Guitar make good noise. Cocaine!

PEARL JAM

“OoooOOOOhhhWaaaauUUUuuuGGgggHHHHHeeeeEEEEEaaaaaMMMmmmmUUUUuuNn.” There, you now have a thorough knowledge of Pearl Jam.