WILCO Live Tonight Listening/ Comments

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts after hearing that show live in real-time:

Ashes is one of the best songs of all songs in my opinion.  Nels was on fire in the end jam tonight.

Anyone who doesn't like Wilco is just stupid.  Flat out.

Less Than/Ashes/Bull Black/IATBYH/One Wing - Whoa.

At My Window - so great.  Heard it live at Irvine Americanarama.  Wonderful harmonies.

I really love One Wing.  I have since the first times they played it when the key and arrangement were different.  I love the acoustic version and they absolutely killed it tonight.  That song is great.

The Good Part is awesome.  Just super.  It should be a number one hit toay.

At the end of Poor Places I was seriously wondering if they'd go for it and break into the electric version of Spiders (Kidsmoke).  I'm waiting for it to come back...

Secret Of The Sea - Oh Yeah!  What an awesome tune!

Late Greats is one of my favorite Wilco songs.  So good you will never know...

Candyfloss!

Dark Neon - Holy Shit - this needs to become a Wilco live show staple, right? 

What an incredible show!  I'm so thankful that they broadcast this and that I was here to tune in.  Here's hoping we get some Wilco 20th Anniversary shows out here on the West Coast...

EDIT:  I forgot to mention how incredible Panthers sounded. 

Stupid me, I didn't even look here to join in to the listening party.  That would have been fun.  Was a rough day here in my house with the passing of my wife's mom in the morning, but by the time Wilco hit the stage our kids were here and listening to the entire show was a great and well needed uplift in spirits.   And Wilco sounded great!

Stupid me, I didn't even look here to join in to the listening party. That would have been fun. Was a rough day here in my house with the passing of my wife's mom in the morning, but by the time Wilco hit the stage our kids were here and listening to the entire show was a great and well needed uplift in spirits. And Wilco sounded great!

Sorry to read of your Families Loss.

My condolences to you and your family..

Stupid me, I didn't even look here to join in to the listening party.  That would have been fun.  Was a rough day here in my house with the passing of my wife's mom in the morning, but by the time Wilco hit the stage our kids were here and listening to the entire show was a great and well needed uplift in spirits.   And Wilco sounded great!

Oh wow. That's horrible. Condolences.

Sorry to hear -- the stream of the show also helped out a friend of my wife's, she lost a very close friend earlier in the day ---- nothing beats the power of music... As my wife wrote her last night - the show is "a sonic shoulder" to lean on.

Don't know any details about this, but it was posted in the "After The Show" section thread about this show... looks like, until the Roadcase gets released, at least the broadcast is out there (as expected)...wish it was archived somewhere...
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=576746&edited=1