Those bands you hope to see one day!

Anyone who you haven't seen live yet that you would like to? Maybe they have broken up? Maybe they don't tour or whatever...anyway here is my list of bands one day I hope tour again so I can see them live!

Uncle Tupelo- I really think I would go anywhere in the world to see them live. They get together for one gig and its in Antarctica..done!

Talking Heads- :(

The Smiths- The same

The Stone Roses- Thanks for only doing one US city on your reunion tour jerks!

Daft Punk-I think it would be fun..

Guns N' Roses (Original lineup)- Yeah why not

New Order-Yes I have seen them but would like to see the original band

Blur-Same as above I saw them without Graham (also thanks you also for doing only one US city on your reunion tour jerks :( )

Genesis-With Gabriel.

Anyone who you haven't seen live yet that you would like to? Maybe they have broken up? Maybe they don't tour or whatever...anyway here is my list of bands one day I hope tour again so I can see them live!

Uncle Tupelo- I really think I would go anywhere in the world to see them live. They get together for one gig and its in Antarctica..done!

Talking Heads- :(

The Smiths- The same

The Stone Roses- Thanks for only doing one US city on your reunion tour jerks!

Daft Punk-I think it would be fun..

Guns N' Roses (Original lineup)- Yeah why not

New Order-Yes I have seen them but would like to see the original band

Blur-Same as above I saw them without Graham (also thanks you also for doing only one US city on your reunion tour jerks :( )

Genesis-With Gabriel.

Saw UT… twice: bookending their career: 1989 and 1993.

Blur: saw twice, as well, on consecutive tours: Parklife and Great Escape.

As to bands that I still want to see (that I have a CHANCE of seeing… meaning, not The Smiths, because there's no chance):

• The Chills -- I think that I'm still basking in the new discovery of the Flying Nun bands, but I would love to see these guys. Also...

• The Bats -- see above.

• John Cale -- His post-Velvets career was better than Lou's, IMO.

• Brinsley Schwarz -- I doubt that they'll reunite, but all of the live documents I've heard from them, they seem to have been one of the great live bands, period.

• XTC -- Should probably file under "no chance", but I can't help but dream. This is probably my #1.

• Martin Newell -- He still plays, but pretty much only in England, as he hates to fly (has a fear of?)

• Hoodoo Gurus -- The next time they come to the US, I have to make it!

• Fumaça Preta -- a newer band. Just hoping that they come to the States. (They're from Europe.)

• The Kinks -- It could happen...

• Roy Wood/the Move -- Okay, so The Move ain't happening. But I would LOVE to see Roy. That would be just fine!

• Paul McCartney -- Before he stops touring or dies. He is getting up in age. Just hope that tickets are semi-affordable.

• The Roches -- Just to hear those heavenly harmonies live.

• Teenage Fanclub -- Because… damn!!!

Oh!

And:

WILCO!!!

I haven't seen them since their first Chicago show back in 1994 at Lounge Ax. They are an entirely different band now, in many ways.

I'm sure I'll think of more at some point. But, that's it for now.

Ah nice Todd..I only got one on ya. I saw Teenage Fanclub twice..once opening for Radiohead in 97 and once opening for I can't remember who but I saw them in and around 2010.

Oh!

And:

WILCO!!!

I haven't seen them since their first Chicago show back in 1994 at Lounge Ax. They are an entirely different band now, in many ways.

I'm sure I'll think of more at some point. But, that's it for now.

Whatcha waiting for? You had a few opportunities recently right? :guitar Def gotta go! What's not to like! :stunned

Ah nice Todd..I only got one on ya. I saw Teenage Fanclub twice..once opening for Radiohead in 97 and once opening for I can't remember who but I saw them in and around 2010.

Whatcha waiting for? You had a few opportunities recently right? :guitar Def gotta go! What's not to like! :stunned

Hell yeah, I've had opportunities. I live in the Chicago area.

The issue always seems to be timing (and money). And the fact that our kids are only just now old enough that we can leave them for the night to go and see something like this.

It's a priority, for sure.

Of the bands that there is actually a chance, they are #1 on the list.

Hell yeah, I've had opportunities. I live in the Chicago area.

The issue always seems to be timing (and money). And the fact that our kids are only just now old enough that we can leave them for the night to go and see something like this.

It's a priority, for sure.

Of the bands that there is actually a chance, they are #1 on the list.

Good thing you live in Chicago you won't have to wait long to get another chance! :guitar

i finally get to scratch Electric Wizard off my list next year.

at this point there are not too many bands I haven't yet seen that i still would like to.... i am not gonna use this as a necrophilia exercise as I think we went over that already

Savage Republic still plays sporadically, and even though Licher's not w/ them, i would still like to see them play at some point.

Sir Admiral Cloudesley Shovell. they played the year I was at Roadburn but i didn't know anything about them, and 4 stages means you gotta pick your plan and stick with it. i hope they play the US at some point.

Steely Dan. I've always dug this band a lot, and while they do play usually once per year, the timing just hasn't worked out. maybe next year.

Kool Keith as Dr Octagon i saw him as part of Ultramagnetic MC's but would really love to see a solo show.

Sad Lovers and Giants  great band from the '80s who are actually still playing gigs. i seriously thought about flying over to London to see them in October but couldn't swing the time off from work.

feedtime The closest they came was NYC...probably not gonna happen.

The Hidden Hand. Wino brought back Spirit Caravan for a tour this year, so maybe this one's next in line.

The Walkabouts. Not sure if they are still a functioning band or not, though Chris Eckman is still playing music. hell, i'd go for a solo Eckman show.

Current 93. would be amazing.... but unlikely, unless i am going to travel to a rare show.

Feelies

Kinks

Jeff Beck

Holly Golightly (if she ever puts together another proper band)

PJ Harvey

Mahavishnu Orchestra (could happen)

Charles Bradley

Paul Simon used to top of my list of remaining "classic" artists to see, but having just gone to a Fleetwood Mac concert two days ago, and seeing how utterly bizarre audiences have become for dinosaur act arena shows, I don't think I care anymore.

good call on PJ Harvey... i've only seen her once, w/ John Parish.

I have never seen her.  I remember hearing about her and considering going to see her when she came to town for Rid of Me.  I hadn't heard her music yet (aside from maybe a video on 120 Minutes) and decided not to go.  What a mistake!

Care to elaborate on this? :D

A bunch of gussied up old, rich people. 100% white (Nothing against white people. I am white, but in Atlanta that's a pretty rare and oddly disconcerting feeling).  Standing during all the ballads, sitting during the faster/louder songs. Lots of griping when someone in front of them stood up or needed to pass by to go to the bathroom or get beer.

We should've bought the cheap tickets. The band was really good, despite the audience.

A bunch of gussied up old, rich people. 100% white (Nothing against white people. I am white, but in Atlanta that's a pretty rare and oddly disconcerting feeling).  Standing during all the ballads, sitting during the faster/louder songs. Lots of griping when someone in front of them stood up or needed to pass by to go to the bathroom or get beer.

Ha! Sorry I missed it.