what's up with his hair??i want to touch it.

Madonna continues to not act her age.

that's part of her awesomeness!

i think one of those horned dancers just went down on her.

I dug the Sia/Kristen Wiig performance. Probably the most emotive thing I've seen Wiig do.

Last night's "Album of the Year" award going to Beck is only the third time this century that I have actually owned the album which won.

It's possibly the first time that one of my favorite artists won that award since 1968's "Sgt. Pepper​'s Lonely Hearts Club Band". 

Last night's "Album of the Year" award going to Beck is only the third time this century that I have actually owned the album which won.

It's possibly the first time that one of my favorite artists won that award since 1968's "Sgt. Pepper​'s Lonely Hearts Club Band". 

Have you read Kanye's comments?  What a douche.  

Have you read Kanye's comments?  What a douche.  

Beck needs to start using auto-tune and start sampling Curtis Mayfield and Ray Charles, then maybe he can enter the inspired geniuses club. Maybe also start writing lyrics along the lines of; “My apologies, are you into astrology/Cause I’m tryin’ to make it to Uranus.”

If only Kanye's true talent matched his ego and arrogance, then he'd have something to spout off about. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's the most talented musician to ever grace this earth.

The Grammys generally does a pretty good job with Album of the Year. I don't love Morning Phase, but I was glad to see Beck win. And for Prince to give him the award!

Also, Annie Lennox was the real winner last night. Damn.

Beck needs to start using auto-tune and start sampling Curtis Mayfield and Ray Charles, then maybe he can enter the inspired geniuses club. Maybe also start writing lyrics along the lines of; “My apologies, are you into astrology/Cause I’m tryin’ to make it to Uranus.”

If only Kanye's true talent matched his ego and arrogance, then he'd have something to spout off about. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's the most talented musician to ever grace this earth.

Someone needs to flush that turd.

Song of the Year is a songwriter's award. It rewards the songwriter for a song released (or that "first achieved prominence") during the past eligibility year. Record of the Year rewards a song's performance and production. Record of the Year recognizes the artist, the producers, and the recording engineers and mixers. Both Song of the Year and Record of the Year reward individual songs, but they recognize different aspects of the songmaking process.

it won for songwriting? Shouldn't Tom Petty get a slice of that reward? They already share royalties with him.

Shame that Sir Paul was willing to be just a side dish prop on that Kanye/Rihanna song. Was his mic even on?

I read that Tom Petty will get a Grammy certificate, similar to other artists whose work is sampled on Grammy-winning songs. He does not get a Grammy Award, though, because he took no active role in the songwriting process for this particular song.