I must be in the FRONT ROW!

I rested a drink on a speaker once when I went to see Hospitality and the vibration caused it to fall over.  If it had fallen the wrong way it would have soaked the guitar player's pedalboard.  That would have been mortifying.

Yeah that's cool and all but I co-wrote all the songs on Being There with Jeff while tandem skydiving together after eating lobster while dancing girls gave us shots of the most expensive tequila in the world.

I hid in the bushes and peered thru some side windows for a few of those Living Room shows. I tell ya, an unforgettable experience to be that close.

I've been front row a couple times for Tweedy/Wilco, but the one show that is going to be forever in my mind as the best show I have ever seen/been at, and had amazing seat was Paul McCartney in Nashville this past fall.

3 rows from the stage. I made eye contact with a Beatle.

Pretty much never gonna top that unless I one day end up somehow singing with Jeff...

Just go to see Tweedy at Berklee you'll kill it

been on the rail the last few panic shows in texas. the benefit of going solo. tonight i somehow scored front row center seats 2, 3 and 4. the only way it could have been better is if i had the aisle. hope the person next to us is decent. also managed pit tickets for dmb this summer. wife asked to be close.

I don't remember ever having front row seats in a seated venue for anything.  I've had second row (Wilco, David Byrne/St. Vincent, Randy Newman), third, etc, but never front row.  I've been on the rail for GA for Wilco recently and for lots of others back in my younger days. 

I definitely agree with the "sound is better if you're back a little" point.  I do like being close enough to feel like I'm "at" the show rather than just "watching" the show.  So I prefer close over perfect sound most of the time.    Winterlude had great sound up close which was nice, kinda best of both worlds I thought. 

For an old guy, I've been on the rail a lot -- to the point that I usually joke with the other, younger railbirds that "I'm not a Narc, honest."   Wilco several times, Pavement, Morphine, Guided By Voices, Cracker, Steve Earle, Alejandro Escovedo, Jason Isbell (twice), Drive-By Truckers several times, Patterson Hood, Bob Mould (I have permanent hearing loss from that show), Grant Lee Buffalo, Matthew Sweet, Richard Thompson (several times) . . . I know I'm forgetting many.  I've never had front row tickets -- only at GA shows.  

I had front row, center seats to see John McLaughlin (w/ Trilok Gurtu and Kai Eckhardt) back in 1992-ish.  They were opening for the Andy Summers Band, who we did not stay for.  (I like Andy, but he was in a bit of a cheesy phase at that time.)