Wilco in Chicago this weekend

Anybody think there's a chance of Wilco doing a late show Friday or Saturday in Chicago around Pitchfork this weekend? It'd definitely be cool, and considering they're doing one around Outside Lands in a few weeks, i don't think it'd be out of the question for them to treat their hometown fans to a special show.

There were still tickets for Pitchfork last I heard, but they could be gone by now. Isn't THAT a Chicago show.

(Come see me in the record tent if you come to the show.)

LouieB

Aside from the Pavement set in 2010 I haven't gone since 2006 and 2007 since the lineups haven't been that appealing and it was always seemed to be on the hottest weekend of the year.  Of course I'm going friday and saturday this weekend and it's going to be a bazillion degrees out.  I just hope that no music gets cancelled because of storms or something.

Sure, I'll take the bait for $2000, Alex.  I need to earn my pretentious hipster cred, so I will see them Friday even though I have been seeing them live about close to once a year, which comes nowhere near Bböp's attendance record.  But, whatever.

There were still tickets for Pitchfork last I heard, but they could be gone by now. Isn't THAT a Chicago show.

(Come see me in the record tent if you come to the show.)

LouieB

Yes, i meant a late night show afterwards (akin to what they're doing at the Independent after Outside Lands). 

I will be at Pitchfork though, hoping to hear some Star Wars debuts now!

Jeff said at his MCA Pitchfork talk tonight that they're gonna play Star Wars tomorrow. Not sure if that means the whole record or just a few songs, but of course they're gonna play some of it because why put the record out now if not to play at least some of it on a big platform?

Jeff said at his MCA Pitchfork talk tonight that they're gonna play Star Wars tomorrow. Not sure if that means the whole record or just a few songs, but of course they're gonna play some of it because why put the record out now if not to play at least some of it on a big platform?

Makes sense to debut it in front of a hometown crowd, too. A number of TWL songs were first played at their home away from home in the Berkshires in 2011, so why not SW at a festival in Chicago in 2015?

It's cool that there are premiering them at pitchfork...but if I had just spent $1000s of dollars to go see them in Solid Sound I may be just a tad butthurt.

lil bit. 

but, maybe they'll tour heavily in the fall.