I Got You (At The End Of The Century)
Outtasite (Outta Mind)

---------------------------
Misunderstood*
It's Just That Simple*
War On War*
Shot In The Arm*
Space Oddity (David Bowie)*

* — performed hootenanny style with Jeff and John on acoustic guitars, Nels on dobro, Glenn on percussion, Mikael on melodica/acoustic guitar and Pat on banjitar/glockenspiel

I am really hoping they keep Space Oddity in the set for the show in Norfolk this Tuesday. There's no way to request it on Wilcoworld, of course, so I've been requesting Wishful Thinking and adding a written appeal for this. Having these great video captures, though, does take a little of the sting out of maybe not getting to hear it live.

Really great show, beautiful venue, perfect sound.  Loved hearing Star Wars after having gotten to know the album.  We saw them at the GOTV but the alum was new to us and it just didn't hit as well as it did last night.  Overheard an amusing exchange just before the band came on....smell of weed starts wafting through the air and a woman a couple of rows behind us starting taking issue with it, starts glaring around and stating loudly to her husband, "I am not OK with this!"  Moments later I see her taking with the ushers who were looking at her with puzzled faces.  After the show she happens to be right in front of us of her way to the car.  Again I overhear her complaining about the smell and she says, "that was uncalled for, I mean it's 2015, do people really need to be smoking marijuana at a rock concert?"  Hilarious.

Overheard an amusing exchange just before the band came on....smell of weed starts wafting through the air and a woman a couple of rows behind us starting taking issue with it, starts glaring around and stating loudly to her husband, "I am not OK with this!"  Moments later I see her taking with the ushers who were looking at her with puzzled faces.  After the show she happens to be right in front of us of her way to the car.  Again I overhear her complaining about the smell and she says, "that was uncalled for, I mean it's 2015, do people really need to be smoking marijuana at a rock concert?"  Hilarious.

Was it an indoor venue with a no smoking policy? If so, she had every right to complain. If a venue won't allow people to smoke cigarettes they shouldn't make an exception for weed.

Was it an indoor venue with a no smoking policy? If so, she had every right to complain. If a venue won't allow people to smoke cigarettes they shouldn't make an exception for weed.

OK, but I am pretty sure that those who were smoking were doing it on the slide and not out in the open so in that case I don't believe that anyone was making an "exception."  Just thought it was funny that she seemed to be so outraged by people smoking weed at a rock show.  Also, funny that she got the year wrong...2015.  Personally I have more of an issue with the folks who feel the need to drink themselves into a stupor and attempt to sing as if they are in the band.  Fortunately they were limited in my area.

Just thought it was funny that she seemed to be so outraged by people smoking weed at a rock show. 

Last year my neighbor ratted out a man smoking nearby and he was arrested. Funniest of all, it was a Willie Nelson concert.

(The guy was wasted and called my neighbor a bitch after he bumped into her. Another neighbor gave him a knuckle sandwich before the cops arrived.)

I am really hoping they keep Space Oddity in the set for the show in Norfolk this Tuesday. There's no way to request it on Wilcoworld, of course, so I've been requesting Wishful Thinking and adding a written appeal for this. Having these great video captures, though, does take a little of the sting out of maybe not getting to hear it live.

I suspect they're doing it specifically for the NYC audience, but I hope you get to hear it.

To smoke or not to smoke. To sit or stand. Same issues for 30 years and for the next 30 years

I went to a show last week. Papadasio at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale. Never saw more smoking in my life. I thought we were in a dispensary in Denver.

Another stellar night at the Kings. The guys seem to really love this place, as shown by their various comments and photos on social media the past couple days. Both nights Jeff remarked about the beauty of the theater. On Friday he said something to the effect of: "Isn't this place beautiful? It's almost too pretty." And last night he expressed gratitude that "someone cared enough to make a place like this beautiful again," then joked that a rock show wasn't quite as cool as seeing Smokey and the Bandit there, a nod to the theater's movie palace days. That was pretty much the extent of Banter Corner on Saturday, other than Jeff telling a fan up front that he or she was "louder than Nels Cline."

Through the presale, my wife and I managed to get the exact same pair of seats for both nights -- 19th row, dead center. The crowd around us stood the whole time and was really into the show. I was prepared for people to sit, given the plush theater setting, but like Friday night the crowd was on its feet from the band's entrance and stayed that way for the rest of the show.

The crew on lights really, um, shined during these shows. The Matrix-style effects of the backdrop gave the stage a sometimes otherworldly feel, a great complement to the Star Wars tunes. I particularly loved the alternating spotlights on Glenn during Art Of Almost, the angled lights switching back and forth in time with his beat.

It was a treat to see Star Wars live. As others have said, the band really storms through the new material -- very fitting for the sound of the material and the happy ambush of its release. The Space Oddity closer was a thing of wistful beauty. So many elements -- the obvious love these brilliant musicians feel for Bowie, the grand old NYC theater given a vibrant, Lazarus-style return, the rousing crowd sing-along, made for a transcendent experience. For those going to future shows, I hope they play it for you. And I hope they release a Roadcase of one or both of these shows.

Did anyone happen to see any tapers at either show? I wonder if the venue has a no-taping policy? I'll also second the comment from the Friday thread that the staff at the Kings are wonderful -- they really take care to give a joyful, effusive welcome to this grand venue.

Thanks to everyone who's been recapping during this tour. It's been a pleasure to read your posts and count the days until the Brooklyn shows (numbers 24 and 25 for me).

I noticed that they were filming last night, a camera to the right of the SB (if facing it) and one down by the stage on the house right . Don`t know if there were others that I didn`t see.

Anyone know what this was for ?

One of the best Wilco shows I have ever seen (first was in 1999). They were on fire ! What a venue and sound !!

Space Oddity was just sublime !

I'm sure you've all seen the photos of this place when it was in disuse, but I gotta share this link here:

http://afterthefinalcurtain.net/2011/04/01/loews-kings-theatre/

Very interesting looking at those photos again, now having been to the restored theater.

Nope. The venue has a no smoking policy, so if staff enforce it for cigarettes then it should be enforced for weed. A patron's complaint about marijuana smoke is no less valid than a complaint about tobacco smoke. 

jam it grandpa! the complaint is less "valid" because your loser azz could get someone arrested for Christsakes!!! Not to mention cigs are nasty and weed is fun and pretty

• 2 weeks later...