• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead is currently the only band out there that I've never seen live and feel I must see live.  I'm hoping to score a ticket to the United Center show.

Sometimes you get lucky.  A guy I work with is a Bulls season ticket holder (first access to all United Center shows) and sold me two great seats to the Radiohead show in July.  I usually avoid the United Center and other large venues for concerts, but I don't see Radiohead playing The Vic, The Riv or Thalia Hall etc. anytime soon!  

Sometimes you get lucky.  A guy I work with is a Bulls season ticket holder (first access to all United Center shows) and sold me two great seats to the Radiohead show in July.  I usually avoid the United Center and other large venues for concerts, but I don't see Radiohead playing The Vic, The Riv or Thalia Hall etc. anytime soon!  

Nice. I think United Center is preferable to Lollapalooza at least. The schedule seems to have space for a second show at United Center, right? My schedule would work way better for a show on the 8th...

Radiohead is one of the few acts I think I would pay to go see at a large venue. Not many of those left for me (McCartney, RHCP, maybe a few others). I did almost pull the trigger on Foreigner/Whitesnake/Jason Bonham tickets at a shed recently, but only because they were $11.25 each. $11.25 made it feel like 1983 all over again. Those darn fees, which doubled the ticket price, stopped me in my tracks. The fees made it feel like 2018 all over again.

I did almost pull the trigger on Foreigner/Whitesnake

Holy sh*t. I think even Congress would do something about mandating waiting periods for pulling triggers on those tickets...

This from a Poison fan back in the day...

Holy sh*t. I think even Congress would do something about mandating waiting periods for pulling triggers on those tickets...

This from a Poison fan back in the day...

I know, right? Total cop-out alert: I was about to buy them for my wife's birthday. She would have liked the show, at 1983 prices. But, alas, I came to my senses.

Surprisingly, I was able to get OK seats for the MSG Friday and Saturday night shows through TM. $122 per ticket after fees. Took 1.5 hours of refreshing on the phone!

I’ll be at the wed and Friday show! As much as I love Radiohead I couldn’t justify going to all 4 at those prices and the fact they don’t change the setlist too much show to show but I’m very excited!

I’ll be at the wed and Friday show! As much as I love Radiohead I couldn’t justify going to all 4 at those prices and the fact they don’t change the setlist too much show to show but I’m very excited!

Agree two is probably enough.

• 4 months later...

Tremendous shows at MSG last week.  If you have a chance, GO SEE THIS BAND.  I picked up tix for Philly I enjoyed it so much.

Yes. Great band and show. Too bad the same can't be said for much of their audience. Don't want to get into a sitting vs. standing debate, but if ever there was a band you should be standing and rocking out for much of the show, Radiohead is that band. A few slow songs, I get it. But if you are sitting during My Iron Lung, etc., get the fuck out. 

Yes. Great band and show. Too bad the same can't be said for much of their audience. Don't want to get into a sitting vs. standing debate, but if ever there was a band you should be standing and rocking out for much of the show, Radiohead is that band. A few slow songs, I get it. But if you are sitting during My Iron Lung, etc., get the fuck out. 

Funny you say that, totally agree.  People around me both nights not even clapping. Lame.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree two is probably enough.

Forget what I said about that.  Last night in Philly was another fantastic show.  Glad I could catch them 3 times.  So good!

The crowd was much better than MSG and the band was into it big time!

Caught 5 this leg. Wound up getting 53 of the 55 songs they played over the 18 show run. There are rumors of another leg next year. We shall see. 4 years of touring in a row is very unlike RH.

Nice! I’m still super bummed I didn’t get Blow Out