Ticketmaster Settlement refund

Not very many shows for us MA folks. A couple at Great Woods. Tried for Modest Mouse and kept getting this error: 

There are problems with your submission
We're sorry we were not able to redeem your voucher for the following reasons. Please refer to your voucher's conditions of use for further details.
Sorry, the voucher code you entered cannot be used to purchase these tickets. Please double check your code and try again.

I guess I won't be able to use my 18 pairs of vouchers. Shocker!  :rolleyes

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few shows in Indy if you want to drive...Bob Dylan and Mavis Staple this Saturday.

I'm going to Steely Dan July 15, would have cost $80

I feel the pull, but the splendorous days of road tripping for a show are all but gone for me. 

Looks like I'm going into the ticket resale business that remphish1's free seminar explained above. He must have received his degree from Trump University.

OK EVERYONE THANK ME LATER!

So you can get 2 ga tickets for a show your not excited about...here is how to make money off this...

For instance I just picked up two for Counting Crowes/Rob Thomas. When buying the tickets there is a box saying opt out off free rolling stones subscription. If you do that and mail them your ticket confirmation they send you a refund of $12.95 via check. Then sell your tickets for the show if you don't want to go. I can get approx. $50 for my two tickets on stub hub. Now I just made $62...not bad for a little effort! Rinse and repeat. I have 16 more vouchers so 16 x 60 is almost $1000!!!

...and they just sold your name and address to every mail publication in the country.  I opted out of credit card applications etc with the national credit bureau years ago and only get mail addressed to me that I need, ie bills and business mail.  It's so nice going to the mailbox and only receiving stuff you want.

Anyone get this message yet?

At present we’re experiencing overwhelming load to our systems. Please sign up to receive periodic notifications by email. Thanks for your patience, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. For more information, please visit http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/faq#Q18 – Ticket Fee Litigation site

similar  typical TM, LN

exclamationIcon.gif There are problems with your submission
  • We're sorry we were not able to redeem your voucher for the following reasons. Please refer to your voucher's conditions of use for further details.
    • Sorry, we are experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try entering your voucher code again.

Yes when you opt out they mail you a rebate check for $12.95 just have to mail them your ticket confirm and a form

Thanks, yes, says one redemption per household.  My point was giving Rolling Stone my address isn't worth $12.95.

The reality of trying to sell these "free tickets" is making me a pessimist. For instance, the MA venue is an outdoor place with lawn seating which is what these GA tickets would be. Who wants lawn tickets that didn't get any free vouchers & who wants tickets that did get free vouchers? That's the big difference. I think the target market that we would be trying to sell to is very minimal and you'd probably end up selling a $35 GA ticket for $20 or less. It's a nice idea and one could get carried away with making a quick $50, but I think that won't be happening. 

I'll wait to see what other venues get added to this list. 

The reality of trying to sell these "free tickets" is making me a pessimist. For instance, the MA venue is an outdoor place with lawn seating which is what these GA tickets would be. Who wants lawn tickets that didn't get any free vouchers & who wants tickets that did get free vouchers? That's the big difference. I think the target market that we would be trying to sell to is very minimal and you'd probably end up selling a $35 GA ticket for $20 or less. It's a nice idea and one could get carried away with making a quick $50, but I think that won't be happening. 

I'll wait to see what other venues get added to this list. 

It's a Ponzi scheme. Shh.

Don't ruin my efforts to SELL RASCALL FLATTS TIX ON THE CHEAP!!!!

Ditty..I actually bought ticket for a live nation event a few months ago and opted out of the rolling stone and got my check. So far no issues!

No issues of Rolling Stone or no issues. 

Of course it's a Ponzi scheme. Take a look at the map for the venue that I was talking about. Lawn equals GA. It's not even a lawn. It's dirt. You're better off driving in and parking to tailgate with the intention of listening to the show from there, than to be that far back. A decade or so ago, the blue & dark purple section (9-15) used to the part of the lawn. That was a lot better. 

1380657913-comcast-center-general.gif?p=

I still have nightmares of being stuck in their parking lot after Pearl Jam in 2008. I think we didn't move an inch for 3 hours. It's also a huge pain in the ass to get into too. You can make great time and get stuck at the exit for an hour or hit traffic on the way and still get stuck at the exit for an hour. Is it like this for everyone's summer music "shed"? 

I'd prefer some club shows which are almost always GA, but I don't know how that would be for up and coming bands. I'd imagine that they'd lose out on some money. 

a friend of mine put it pretty well:

So in review after systematically ripping off their customers for 15+ years this is the punishment for Ticketmaster:

1- They get to fill venues that would otherwise be 1/3 or 1/2 full and are not forced to give away tickets to highly in-demand events. They aren't losing tickets that otherwise would have been sold.

2- Only one "money off" voucher can be used per purchase which essentially makes it a coupon. $2.50 is such an insignificant amount of money (won't even offset fees) that these are likely going to encourage more ticket sales.

3- This lawsuit is going to drive an insane amount of traffic to the Ticketmaster site which will generate ad revenue for Ticketmaster as well as free advertising for their concerts.

What was designed to be a loss/punishment for Ticketmaster will likely result in a net gain.

a friend of mine put it pretty well:

So in review after systematically ripping off their customers for 15+ years this is the punishment for Ticketmaster:

1- They get to fill venues that would otherwise be 1/3 or 1/2 full and are not forced to give away tickets to highly in-demand events. They aren't losing tickets that otherwise would have been sold.

2- Only one "money off" voucher can be used per purchase which essentially makes it a coupon. $2.50 is such an insignificant amount of money (won't even offset fees) that these are likely going to encourage more ticket sales.

3- This lawsuit is going to drive an insane amount of traffic to the Ticketmaster site which will generate ad revenue for Ticketmaster as well as free advertising for their concerts.

What was designed to be a loss/punishment for Ticketmaster will likely result in a net gain.

Yes on the credit, no on the free ticket voucher.  If people don't buy their overpriced drinks and food, and bring in their own unsealed bottles of water, it's a consumer gain.

RE: the rolling stone thing. No wonder why it showed up in my mailbox. I eventually figured it out, and have since unchecked the box when purchasing subsequent tickets, but that first time.. did I get charged for the subscription? And if I go back and look at my cc statements, will it be rolled into a concert ticket or will I see a specific item from rolling stone? That's effin' mischievous to make people uncheck from buying something.

RE:free vouchers, by the end pf the summer, I could be the biggest def leppard/steely dan/weezer/darius rucker fan ever. And I'll know Indiana and Atlanta really well by then.

OK EVERYONE THANK ME LATER!

So you can get 2 ga tickets for a show your not excited about...here is how to make money off this...

For instance I just picked up two for Counting Crowes/Rob Thomas. When buying the tickets there is a box saying opt out off free rolling stones subscription. If you do that and mail them your ticket confirmation they send you a refund of $12.95 via check. Then sell your tickets for the show if you don't want to go. I can get approx. $50 for my two tickets on stub hub. Now I just made $62...not bad for a little effort! Rinse and repeat. I have 16 more vouchers so 16 x 60 is almost $1000!!!

So, has this thesis been put to the test yet?

I'm guessing that the tickets obtained with the vouchers will have an embedded code that will prevent them from being put up for re-sale.

Also, the list of crappy shows that the vouchers apply to is rapidly shrinking. It was 450 a couple mornings ago, now is down to 263.

Winston no issues (Why should you be able to resell them like any other ticket you would buy??)..ordered a few sets already. The tickets list the actual face value on the tickets. looks like any other ticket. Already sold some all under face so no issues here.