Ticketmaster Settlement refund

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A combination of principal, spite, and OCD led me to spend about 4 hours late last night burning off as many vouchers as I could. The number of times the system crashed or came back with errors is too many to count. However, in the end, I managed to redeem 16 of my 17 vouchers for concerts I will never attend all over the U.S.!

I stuck with acts that I like. My plan is to sell them on Craigslist for half their face value, so that I can get some of the cash TM should have paid out to begin with, and hopefully a fellow fan can go see a great band for less than what they would have to pay TM. If that fails, I'll just give them away.

I did manage to grab some good stuff. Steely Dan/Stevie Winwood; ZZ Top / Gov't Mule; a couple Tedeschi Trucks. But it took a LOT of effort. I'm Captcha'd out!

Good work Bob! I really fell they are going to pull the plug on this sooner then later (May 2017). As you can see how fast all the shows are gobbled up I am taking the same approach. They went from 460 shows yesterday pavilion shows to 250 mostly lame cover bands in secondary cities. You don't use them you lose them. I am keeping some for myself but was able to get about 5 pairs to sell already. Already  sold my weezer pair lol

Well, they added House Of Blues shows in Boston and there's only 5 Boston area shows on the list. Duran Duran & Keith Urban are the only shows remaining from the "summer shed" from which there were about a dozen shows yesterday.

Haha...

I'm seeing a lot more theater & clubs shows today on the list. Irving Plaza, The Foundry & HOB Vegas. 

Also, the list of crappy shows that the vouchers apply to is rapidly shrinking. It was 450 a couple mornings ago, now is down to 263.

Yeah - I don't think there is any Chicagoland shows available any more. I think I saw the Sabbath show on the list yesterday and today it's gone.

My wife is heading down to St. Louis to catch Def Leopard - for kicks.

Ha - so I'm going knuckle deep in my new ticket middle man business, and am looking for concerts to buy and sell.

There's a Brantley Gilbert (never heard of him - assumed he was country) show at the Shoreline Amphitheater in CA. Perfect, I thought. I went to click on the GA lawn tickets, and they're only available in packets of 4. Keep in mind that this is a show listed on the "official vouchers" list, and that the voucher is only good for 2 tickets, and only one voucher can be used per show.

Cheers, Ticketmaster. You're the ultimate Troll.

Ticketmaster will make millions off this. People dragging unwilling people who have to buy tickets to horrible shows cause they have a free ticket. I mean don't get me wrong, Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine is a tough ticket...as is Buckcherry and all the Bon Jovi tribute bands I see on the list. Living across from Cincinnati right now I am contemplating between Ratt and Stone Temple Pilots featuring a guy named Mick Blankenship. decisions decisions.... Fingers crossed for Pearl Jam at Wrigley GA ticket to pop up there.

I'm giving up. I'm 0-10 at least - I keep getting one of two error messages, one of which is telling me my voucher code isn't applicable for the event I chose, even though I chose an event on their own link.

I'll wait until the next round of shows goes up.

I'm giving up. I'm 0-10 at least - I keep getting one of two error messages, one of which is telling me my voucher code isn't applicable for the event I chose, even though I chose an event on their own link.

I'll wait until the next round of shows goes up.

I had a similar experience, including trying to get tickets for multiple shows which are in the voucher list. Freaking annoying. I don't have the time to go on there all the time and go through the process for nothing. Guess they're going to end up screwing me twice.

ha ha this morning there are 666 shows to choose from..every single one says no more voucher redemptions so now there are 0 shows to choose from! Glad I scored 7 pairs of tickets before this went down again. Made $60 not sure if it is worth my efforts but I still have a few tickets up on stubhub.

knotgreen thanks didn't see the note..I realized we have a short time to use it. In their language they say it allows up to $10 mil worth of vouchers to be redeemed. So for instance lets say you got 17 vouchers..worth theoretically $50 per voucher. So each person got $850 worth of vouchers. so that means about 10,000 folks should able to redeem their vouchers before the program ends. How many people you think got 17 vouchers? I would say hundreds of thousands. This is why I tried to get whatever I could get my hands on. I have a feeling not too many things will be added and all we will have is useless ga vouchers and a ton of $2.25 vouchers (wooohoo) anyway just my thoughts!

Scored two for Hall and Oates -- woo-hoo!

It'll be something to do, I guess-- though the wife and I are fans, so it should be fun.

Been trying to get Sabbath tickets but no luck so far, even though it is back on the list.

I'm in!

Purchased and instantly listed for resale the following:

Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato in Albuquerque, and Slipknot in Phoenix. 

I decided to go after the risky market of: Kids, and or Waste-oids who have no taste in music. 

2 down, 5 vouchers to go. 

The thing that sucks about this - is it isn't risk free. This isn't just free money. If my listed tickets are purchased and the event is cancelled or rescheduled, my card gets charged to refund the buyer!

Im now in for Def Leppard...not sure if I am excited or not...if that is not all Reo Speedwagon and Tesla are opening?!

So far I got:

Def Leppard

Steely Dan X 2

Counting Crows

Putbull

Stephen Marley X 2

Butch Walker

ZZ Top

Sun Kil Moon

Mumford and Sons

Weezer

Snopp Dogg

G -Eazy X 3 (Who??)

And just like that no more left..thanks for playing

Got some FREE lawn / GA seats for some mostly good shows if anyone is interested.

ST. LOUIS

ZZ Top & Gov't Mule (9/18)

INDIANAPOLIS

Tedeschi Trucks & Los Lobos & NMass (7/27)

NASHVILLE

Barenaked Ladies (ugh) w/ 80s acts Howard Jones and OMD (sorta yay?!) (7/5)

CAMDEN, NJ

Brandi Carlile & Old Crow Medicine Show (7/24)