Ticketmaster Settlement refund

Saw this article today: apparently, the ticketmaster lawsuit settled- log on to your account and check Active Vouchers. I have vouchers for 12 free pairs plus additional $2.25 discounts. Four year expiraion date, I shit you not. I'm sure there are some restrictions, but FREE TIX!!! OK, I already paid for them, but whatevs.

http://gawker.com/check-your-ticketmaster-account-you-probably-have-free-1782209001

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting! My account says I have vouchers for 17 free pairs of tickets plus a lot of those $2.25 discounts. I'll be curious to see if we are ever able to use these vouchers. If you read the fine print, it says that for any show they decide will accept these vouchers, there will be a limited number of tickets per show.

I did too. I'm very curious about the limitations on these. "Only to be used for shitty concerts and the circus."

and the WWE.

I've got 17 pairs of free tickets. 36 discount vouchers.

I got a long legalese email on this last month, and I can see around 15 or so vouchers and ticket pairs listed today.

My favorite line in the email was this:

Discount Codes must be used on or before June 18, 2020 or they will be extinguished.

Yeah - the whole thing seems a bit bogus. There is a Live Nation shed about 10 minutes from my house, that I haven't been to since 1998, perhaps a free ticket might get me to go to the Black Sabbath show in September - that is, if that show ends up on their list of shows...

Between mine and my wife's accounts, we have plenty of 'free' vouchers.

And further in the small print:  "Tickets may be claimed on a first come, first served basis. Once the “free tickets” made available for a specific event have been claimed, you will not be able to use your Ticket Codes to acquire tickets for that event."

I'll be curious to see how many "free tickets" are made available to shows that people on this board will want to see.  

Thanks for the heads up.  I've got a lot of vouchers, both discount codes and free tickets. Each of the free ticket vouchers are for "free general admission" tickets.  Is that what everyone else is seeing?  I don't usually get GA tickets if seats are available. 

i see a lot of House of Blues shows in your future.

I hope y'all are excited to see Big Head Todd & the Monsters for free every time they come to town for the rest of your lives.

:lol

Some of the Live Nation venues are decent and/or are on Wilco's past or current schedules. For example, all the Fillmores, all the House of Blues, Nob Hill Masonic, PNC Bank Arts Center, Alpine Valley, The Tabernacle, etc. It might not be a perfect settlement, but there are certainly places where bands you like are likely to perform.

Some of the Live Nation venues are decent and/or are on Wilco's past or current schedules. For example, all the Fillmores, all the House of Blues, Nob Hill Masonic, PNC Bank Arts Center, Alpine Valley, The Tabernacle, etc. It might not be a perfect settlement, but there are certainly places where bands you like are likely to perform.

The only Live Nation venues place in the Chicago area that are honoring the "free tickets" are Alpine Valley (The Zac Brown band in June is the only show that's honoring the free passes - sales must be slow) and the Tinley Park Amphitheater. 

Dang it. The only show I'm interested at Tinley Park is the Black Sabbath show on Sunday Sept 4. I'll be out of town. 

Note that the ticket vouchers say they're good through June 18, 2020, but in the Settlement Agreement, Ticketmaster only agreed to provide free ticket vouchers for select Live Nation concerts through May 2017.

http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement?_ga=1.86011035.228098565.1464022592

This list only has shows listed through the end of October. 

HELLO DARIUS RUCKER!

OK EVERYONE THANK ME LATER!

So you can get 2 ga tickets for a show your not excited about...here is how to make money off this...

For instance I just picked up two for Counting Crowes/Rob Thomas. When buying the tickets there is a box saying opt out off free rolling stones subscription. If you do that and mail them your ticket confirmation they send you a refund of $12.95 via check. Then sell your tickets for the show if you don't want to go. I can get approx. $50 for my two tickets on stub hub. Now I just made $62...not bad for a little effort! Rinse and repeat. I have 16 more vouchers so 16 x 60 is almost $1000!!!