Just dropped in to say that "Teens of Denial" is probably my favorite album of the year so far - really digging just about everything about it and still feeling that way after a good 15 or so front-to-back listens.

So far, I've only heard Victor, but I love a song with smokin' drum breaks. I'll be picking this album up this weekend.

"Smokin' Drum Breaks"  would be a good band name.  Need to check this out.

I heard Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales on the radio today and my ears perked up. What a great song. When I saw the artist was Car Seat Headrest, I recognized it from this thread. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll have to check this out further...Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales is totally my kind of thing,

Thinking about taking a shot and downloading the new album.

Can I get a RIYL?

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect you should listen to it now, because a few months from now it might not be interesting anymore.  Things change so fast and these guys buzz may be gone.

LouieB

The buzz might be gone in a few months, but will our perception of the music really change that fast? I think if you like it today you will like it for at least a few years. 

I suspect you should listen to it now, because a few months from now it might not be interesting anymore.  Things change so fast and these guys buzz may be gone.

LouieB

The buzz doesn't really have an impact on how much I enjoy the music. Except for when the buzz gets so omnipresent that it's repellent.

I listened to it over the weekend. It was good.  Not as good as the other new releases I've picked up recently.  I expect I'll like it more as I get more familiar with it.

• 5 weeks later...

I finally heard the whole album yesterday. Overall, the vocals reminded me of The Strokes, but the music did not remind me of the Strokes. I liked it, but will have to listen to it more. Initially, nothing stood out to me as being as strong as Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales.

I think I must have a sick sense of humor, because I found part of The Ballad of the Costa Concordia hilariously funny,

I finally heard the whole album yesterday. Overall, the vocals reminded me of The Strokes, but the music did not remind me of the Strokes. I liked it, but will have to listen to it more. Initially, nothing stood out to me as being as strong as Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales.

I think I must have a sick sense of humor, because I found part of The Ballad of the Costa Concordia hilariously funny,

The album should incite laughter with its sober yet morbid take on maturity (or lack thereof).  I think you lose a significant amount of the punch of the album if you don't hear the humor.

LouieB

Could you backhand slap us a bit harder, please?  If not, provide fruitful or blunt points as you've mentioned such as "I hate their band name", "I don't like nasally singing voice", or "why would you combine sincerity and absurdist projection, that's stupid."  Otherwise, here's some directions to go home.

I love this album -- one of my favorite releases of 2016.  Toledo is a terrific song writer and (to my ear) sounds like the love child of Stephen Malkmus and Ray Davies.  If I was 21, this album would be my soundtrack.

Could you backhand slap us a bit harder, please?  If not, provide fruitful or blunt points as you've mentioned such as "I hate their band name", "I don't like nasally singing voice", or "why would you combine sincerity and absurdist projection, that's stupid."  Otherwise, here's some directions to go home.

Honestly I didn't think I was being a troll.  The name is not that great, but then good names are hard to find, I saw them and they sounded okay (didn't complain about their voices), they were pleasant enough, and I stand by my statement that they will have lost their buzz before long.  Let's discuss this again in a year.

LouieB