Michel Gondry made a really cool video for the wonderful new song "City Lights" off of Jack White's acoustic recordings. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-michel-gondrys-video-for-white-stripes-city-lights-w439041

Jack White also sang on Jimmy Fallon last Friday...."Love Is The Truth" (penned for Coca-Cola) and an emotional rendition of "You've Got Her In Your Pocket".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDrtUZGHPA

Yeah I picked it up on Friday. It's pretty good. Though if you already have most of The White Stripes albums, a lot of this would be redundant. Some of the new mixes are really cool and there's some b-sides and songs like Love Is The Truth which is nice to own on vinyl. It's too bad, one of the recent Third Man Records Vault package was a live Jack White acoustic show, accompanied by stand up bass, dobro, and fiddle. It was a much more interesting acoustic release. 

• 1 year later...

I don't think it's awful but it's not great. It's not really memorable. It's just sort of... there. What's the hook?! Feels like it could be a late album filler song but the lead single?? But I'll refrain from judgement till I hear it within context of the rest of the record.

One of standout moments, to me, listening the Jack White album teaser a couple weeks ago, is the opening phrase to "Connected By Love": "Woman, don't ya know what I'm suffering from. Ease my pain....". I liked how it sounded.

Then, when the song was released with the video, hearing that audio bit married up to a visual of the Virgin Mary statue was really powerful for me. The song is, overall, uplifting &. hopeful & passionate. Cool organ. Like the background singers.

Interesting how music can hit, or not hit, people differently.

Happy to see the tour news. He had said after the last tour that he was going to have to figure out how to make touring pleasant - glad he's giving it another shot. Wish there was a Chicago show - clearly he's doing Lolla (again), but I'd rather see him in a non-festival setting...

New tourdates announced this morning. I'm in for Vancouver and probably Seattle. 

I saw that he was come to The Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee, but at $72.50 per ticket before fees?  Jesus, not gonna be able to swing that one.   

Personally I enjoy watching him bring his studio efforts to life onstage. Seen him Solo & a few times with The Raconteurs, dam I miss them.

Never seeing him live (and I would love to) do you think it is worth nearly $100 bucks (72.50 plus fees)?

I am not much of a fan - but WXRT (Chicago radio station) simulcasted a Jack White concert -- I happen to have the radio on and really enjoyed it.  Checked the date on it was on 7.23.2014 - sure didn't seem that long ago.

Quite the set list. I did see a Raconteurs show at a Lolla - they were okay, but not memorable. 

Setlist:
High Ball Stepper
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes)
Lazaretto
Missing Pieces / The Big Three Killed My Baby (The White Stripes)
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes)
You Know That I Know
I Cut Like a Buffalo (The Dead Weather)
The Same Boy You’ve Always Known (The White Stripes)
Three Women
The Rose With a Broken Neck
Freedom at 21
Cannon (The White Stripes) / Catfish Blues (Robert Petway cover) / Got My Mojo Workin’ (Muddy Waters cover)
Sixteen Saltines
Astro (The White Stripes)
Stones In My Passway (Robert Johnson cover)
Blunderbuss / Tell Me That It Isn’t True (Bob Dylan)
We’re Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes)
Entitlement
Top Yourself (The Raconteurs)

Encore:
Fell in Love With a Girl (The White Stripes)
Icky Thump (The White Stripes)
Manic Depression (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)
Steady, As She Goes (The Raconteurs)
Blue Orchid (The White Stripes)
You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told) (The White Stripes)
The Hardest Button to Button (The White Stripes)
Just One Drink
Ball and Biscuit (The White Stripes) / Got My Mojo Workin’
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes)

I saw that he was come to The Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee, but at $72.50 per ticket before fees?  Jesus, not gonna be able to swing that one.   

Save your money.

The Eagles Ballroom is easily the worst-sounding venue I've ever been to. (with an honorable mention to the Aragon Theater in Chicago). 

I lived in Milwaukee for about 5 years, and saw Wilco there on their Sky Blue Sky tour. The sound was awful. 

I don't know why acts bother booking there. 

I've listened to the new single a bunch in the past few days and I have to say it's really grown on me from when I first heard it. IIRC Lazaretto (the song) was the same way for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am not much of a fan - but WXRT (Chicago radio station) simulcasted a Jack White concert -- I happen to have the radio on and really enjoyed it.  Checked the date on it was on 7.23.2014 - sure didn't seem that long ago.

Quite the set list. I did see a Raconteurs show at a Lolla - they were okay, but not memorable. 

Yeah I have a live a record of him playing Lollapalooza from around that era, really great setlist since he pulls from The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather and his solo stuff (plus some choice covers including Led Zep IIRC). The best part is hearing The Stripes songs with a full band and the awesome drummer he had on that tour (no disrespect to Meg).  

Never seeing him live (and I would love to) do you think it is worth nearly $100 bucks (72.50 plus fees)?

Feel free to correct me on this, living in the middle of nowhere I only go to a handful of concerts a year, but is $70 that ridiculous? I feel like most concerts I've been to in the past few years have been in that ballpark.

Feel free to correct me on this, living in the middle of nowhere I only go to a handful of concerts a year, but is $70 that ridiculous? I feel like most concerts I've been to in the past few years have been in that ballpark.

Well the Eagles Ballroom is a shithole.

Other bands in area

TMBG @ Pabst $29.50

Jason Isbell @ Riverside $42.50

Bon Iver @ Bradley Center $42.50

And if memory serves I paid like $50 for Wilco and similar for Ryan Adams when they came through awhile back. I generally feel $50 to $60 is my max.

I guess $72.50 seems steep for such a horrible venue.

Not surprised to see him doing this. I fully support it too.

PLEASE NOTE: this is a PHONE-FREE show.  No photos, video or audio recording devices allowed.  We think you’ll enjoy looking up from your gadgets for a little while and experience music and our shared love of it IN PERSON.  Upon arrival at the venue, all phones and other photo or video-capturing gizmos will be secured in a Yondr pouch that will be unlocked at the end of the show.  You keep your pouch-secured phone on you during the show and, if needed, can unlock your phone at any time in a designated Yondr Phone Zone located in the lobby or concourse.  For those looking to do some social media postings, let us help you with that.  Our official tour photographer will be posting photos and videos after the show at jackwhiteiii.com and the new Jack White Live Instagram account @officialjackwhitelive.  Repost our photos & videos as much as you want and enjoy a phone-free, 100% human experience.