Wow! Phish announce a 13 show run at MSG for this summer!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems like anything is on the table for this run, given no repeats thus far, the new songs and covers, and bustouts of tunes like 1999 they haven't played in almost 20 years. The playing, particularly the lengthy jamming, has been great as well. A real treat for the fans. 

Phish is such an inside joke, I can't imagine a 70 year old English dude walking into a show and getting it. Too bad he falls into the trap of so many crusty old Deadheads of us vs. them, can't relax and have a good time. I can't imagine being the one guy not having fun at a Phish show. #SuperSad

I am not surprised that Cutler didn't like it -- he is an interesting guy - nothing new with the Dead and Phish crowd beating each other down and I guess if anyone can do that, Cutler can - think he paid his dues to have that opinion, even though I don't agree with it. I don't think there is a pretentiousness bone in Cutler's body, even though after reading his thoughts on the Phish show, he comes off so.

Ha I feel the same way about the dead.. saw the dead minus jerry that is and couldn't understand the appeal but I still had fun and looked at it as a night of entertainment

Big difference between the Dead with and without Jerry. At least you had fun.

Watched tonights (Friday) webcast - it was definitely interesting - thought they played great.

I thought set 2 was about as good as it gets. Incredible energy and playing throughout, love when they jam Chalkdust. Fun dance party cover. The Number Line was triumphant and had some extra mustard. Finish it off with a VU cover in NYC. 

Cinnamon tonight. Cinnamon Girl seems obvious. Hoping for Pepper by Butthole Surfers. That would be epcot.

I haven't made it to any, and it doesn't look like I will be able to make it down. Killing me! The reports have all been outstanding. I bought the download of the Red Velvet show, sounds great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've watched all but last night's shows and continue to be mighty impressed with what they are doing. Just a lot of fun.