Solid Sound 2019 - The Hiatus is OVER!!!

Want to help welcome back our favorite band from the long hiatus?
Planning on being in Joe’s Field on Friday night at SSF?
I think a big, warm, MassMoca welcome is in order, and I’m thinking a little signage would do the trick. Nothing fancy, just a little something to make sure they know we missed them.  I’ll make and bring the signs and get them out on Friday at the festival.  Your job would be to hold one up at the start of the show.  Easy peasy.  No flash mobbing, no dancing, no skill required, and no Bull Black Nova’s… If you’re interested in participating, PM me or just reply below and I’ll take it from there.  See y’all soon.

Vince

Want to help welcome back our favorite band from the long hiatus?

Planning on being in Joe’s Field on Friday night at SSF?

I think a big, warm, MassMoca welcome is in order, and I’m thinking a little signage would do the trick. Nothing fancy, just a little something to make sure they know we missed them.  I’ll make and bring the signs and get them out on Friday at the festival.  Your job would be to hold one up at the start of the show.  Easy peasy.  No flash mobbing, no dancing, no skill required, and no Bull Black Nova’s… If you’re interested in participating, PM me or just reply below and I’ll take it from there.  See y’all soon.

Vince

Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre

request song

Sold Out
Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre

request song

Sold Out
Brussels, BE - Ancienne Belgique

with Ken Stringfellow

request song

Brussels, BE - Ancienne Belgique

with Ken Stringfellow

request song

Amsterdam, NL - Paradiso

with Ken Stringfellow

request song

Sold Out
Amsterdam, NL - Paradiso

with Ken Stringfellow

request song

Sold Out
Lille, FR - Aeronef Club

with Ken Stringfellow

request song

Rouen, FR - Le 106

with Ken Stringfellow

request song

La Rochelle, FR - La Sirene

with Ken Stringfellow

request song

Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain - Azkena Rock Festival

request song

Thanks ...

goose - yeah I know it’s not the exact end of the hiatus. But it’s the first major show, it’s SSF, and that’s always a nice homecoming anyway.

Oh, and rest assured that almost all of those other shows will indeed have signage.... :thumbup

I highly doubt a small sign held briefly at shoulder height would be as obstructive for the people behind me as say, me with my (admittedly) large head and 6"3 height.

Please show affection without annoying signs please. And as stated ir is not their comeback gig. Non US shows are important too.

Hey I'm the first person to suggest we keep things from getting too US centric but this will be the majority of festival goer's first Wilco show since the Schmilco tour, so I think we can understand theashtraysay's point. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jon Hamm & Glenn Kotche’s collaboration has been cancelled due to Hamm’s commitment to filming an Eastwood film in Atlanta.

I’m curious to see what replaces them on Sunday afternoon. I think it was scheduled for an hour.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/wilco-jeff-tweedy-solid-sound-interview-849492/?fbclid=IwAR25UD0IkQDztvO6Ib_BYIICfR3NEl3St5KZzTONd9yeU33UR4c6dSnq0zc

Posted this afternoon. Jeff talks about Solid Sound and recent recording sessions.

Solid Sound: “something kind of fun for the first night that I’m not ready to talk about yet.” Jeff is calling in from the Loft, so entirely possible that this took place before the Wilco Karaoke announcement. “The second show, I think, maybe we’ll try and showcase a new song or two.” Wow!

Recording sessions: “We’ve been getting together to do some studio recording. You’ll be hearing about that pretty soon.” Excellent!

• 3 months later...

Jon Hamm & Glenn Kotche’s collaboration has been cancelled due to Hamm’s commitment to filming an Eastwood film in Atlanta.

That Eastwood film, The Ballad Of Richard Jewell, just got a December 13th release date. Quick turnaround for Oscar bait.
  • 1 month later...