How to Write One Song by Jeff Tweedy

1 hour ago, tinnitus photography said:

so i bought a ticket for the Nick Offerman live stream and i thought it came w/ a copy of the book? haven't seen anything yet... anyone else buy one this way, via noonchorus, and have received their copy yet?

I’m in the same boat as you. I watched the Offerman live stream, but never received an email at all. I was going to give them a few weeks to see if I would receive anything. I’ll contact them today. 

9 minutes ago, u2roolz said:

I’m in the same boat as you. I watched the Offerman live stream, but never received an email at all. I was going to give them a few weeks to see if I would receive anything. I’ll contact them today. 

1 hour ago, tinnitus photography said:

damn. well i emailed the noonchorus guy so i guess i will see what's up. i did recently move but confirmed that my current address was the right one in my profile.

Also ordered with the Offerman live stream.  The email I got was from "The Seminary Co-op Bookstore" via stamps.com and had a tracking link.  Took two weeks from teh time it "shipped" but finally arrived. 

26 minutes ago, theashtraysays said:

Also ordered with the Offerman live stream.  The email I got was from "The Seminary Co-op Bookstore" via stamps.com and had a tracking link.  Took two weeks from teh time it "shipped" but finally arrived. 

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I didn’t receive anything like that at all. I also checked my junk folder too and nothing. I think Tim & I aren’t the only folks in the same boat, according to several similar posts on the FB group. 

Noonchorus sent me an automatic reply letting me know that someone real would get back to me which they did. He told me to email info@semcoop.com because Noonchorus does not fill merch orders. The automatic reply from them says that they are backed up right now.

1 hour ago, Heart full of holes said:

I received a copy from the Nora Jones live stream and another from Offerman this week, and I had already purchased a copy before those events were announced.  And now I have three...

So, if you would like one, I'd be happy to send it to you.  

Thank you very much for the offer! I am going to wait and have faith in The Seminary Co-op. If for some reason things fall through with them, then I will definitely take you up on that generous offer. 

3 hours ago, theashtraysays said:

thanks for this! i checked my other email and found that link... should be here today!

I heard back from someone at The Seminary Co-Op on Friday afternoon. They sent me a tracking number which I checked and laughed that the book was in my mailbox that day. Funny how that works out.

I think the signed nameplate is coming separately, right? 

23 minutes ago, u2roolz said:

I heard back from someone at The Seminary Co-Op on Friday afternoon. They sent me a tracking number which I checked and laughed that the book was in my mailbox that day. Funny how that works out.

I think the signed nameplate is coming separately, right? 

Mine was directly opposite the title page.  It's on a sticker slapped on that page.

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Mine was directly opposite the title page.  It's on a sticker slapped on that page.

Hmm...I don’t have anything like that in my copy. I can’t find the nameplate info for the Offerman event anymore. I can find the info for the Norah Jones event and it says that the signed nameplate is available to the first 700 people that purchase a ticket to the event. I wonder if the Offerman event had a similar criteria. When I check the page for the event, most of the info is gone. But I remember something about them being mailed at a later date. 

1 hour ago, u2roolz said:

Hmm...I don’t have anything like that in my copy. I can’t find the nameplate info for the Offerman event anymore. I can find the info for the Norah Jones event and it says that the signed nameplate is available to the first 700 people that purchase a ticket to the event. I wonder if the Offerman event had a similar criteria. When I check the page for the event, most of the info is gone. But I remember something about them being mailed at a later date. 

The Offerman event also had the same "first 700" condition. 

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

The Offerman event also had the same "first 700" condition. 

Ah! I didn’t make the cut. Thanks for the info! 

Off to the Barnes & Noble website. Good thing they have a Criterion Collection sale starting this Friday. That’s a good excuse to go in and try to see if I can order it. I know that it says that it’s sold out in my area MA/NH, but I’ll try to change the states to see if it pops up somewhere. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been a member of the Seminary Co-op Bookstore (in Hyde Park) - the last annual meeting was held via zoom. Below is from the minutes.  NIces to see that the Tweedy/Offerman event was success for the store. 

Q: You’ve been successful in moving to online orders and no-contact delivery. In addition to those initiatives, what are you thinking about in delivering other co-op “signature” services—such as author events—in an online environment?

1. Clancey and her team have been doing a great job booking our own events as well as working with our partners to host authors. All but one of these events have resulted in no sales; the only one to result in any sales was a Jeff Tweedy event with a book/ticket bundle, where we sold 1200 books. Events are an expense, a cultural endeavor, and with virtual events that li all we can expect -- not sales. We’ll continue to do these. We’ll continue with front table catalogues and subscriptions too.

• 4 weeks later...

Posting this in this thread because Miller's podcast definitely covers a lot of the same themes as Tweedy's book. Jeff is a guest on the most recent edition of Rhett's Wheels Off podcast. Linking, but it's probably easier to get through whatever podcast app you use. Haven't listened yet.

https://wheelsoff.libsyn.com/059-jeff-tweedy

22 hours ago, uncool2pillow said:

Posting this in this thread because Miller's podcast definitely covers a lot of the same themes as Tweedy's book. Jeff is a guest on the most recent edition of Rhett's Wheels Off podcast. Linking, but it's probably easier to get through whatever podcast app you use. Haven't listened yet.

https://wheelsoff.libsyn.com/059-jeff-tweedy

I listened this morning. It was a good talk. Not too much new, but a fun story from his childhood about how, as a toddler, he'd climb up on his parents' stereo and cry until they played a record.

Haven't seen any other posts regarding this yet, so.....just listened to a good conversation between JT and Malcolm Gladwell on Gladwell's (and Rick Rubin's) podcast Broken Record. They talk about the HOW TO..... book, of course, and there's a great breakdown of OPALINE. It's really interesting to hear Gladwell become so engaged and excited. He keeps probing and it gives some insight into his own process, given how in depth his work gets.

https://brokenrecordpodcast.com/#/episode-77-jeff-tweedys-songwriting-masterclass/

22 hours ago, Lukestar said:

Haven't seen any other posts regarding this yet, so.....just listened to a good conversation between JT and Malcolm Gladwell on Gladwell's (and Rick Rubin's) podcast Broken Record. They talk about the HOW TO..... book, of course, and there's a great breakdown of OPALINE. It's really interesting to hear Gladwell become so engaged and excited. He keeps probing and it gives some insight into his own process, given how in depth his work gets.

https://brokenrecordpodcast.com/#/episode-77-jeff-tweedys-songwriting-masterclass/

This was great. Thanks for sharing.