Sky Blue Sky Festival

24 minutes ago, tinnitus photography said:

i guess it wasn't in that email (or my searching skills are on the wane, or both), maybe it was a snippet that someone else had posted to the SBS group. but, it was to the point that they already comply with the % capacity rules set by Quintana Roo so any future cancellations or non-cancellations shouldn't affect that particular possible constraint.

Interesting.  I wonder if their count of attendees is based on reservations that have already been cancelled, or they undersold the event from the start in anticipation of a potential government imposed capacity limitation (this isn’t consistent with what they’ve said in the past).  Or perhaps the resort is so large that the number of people, even at full capacity, per square foot of resort space is allowable.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish  I wish I could share that optimism. Unfortunately, it's not just about being at an outdoor concert. There's the trip to the airport, and time spent in the airport waiting for your fligh

Yep.  Hard for me to blame the guy who has essentially given away 200+ live shows on Instagram since COVID started.  I blame Cloud 9 and Trump (because I like to blame Trump for everything bad).   

I'm feeling seriously depressed at the thought that the penalty for 6 days of fun in Mexico may be...could very likely be!...being stuck in a Mexican Residence Inn for 10 days!  With covid, and no par

Posted Images

Ugh, taking the afternoon off from work to deal with trip cancellation and then trying to deal with the trip insurance angle. I will probably be brain dead after all this... Too much money to invest in too much uncertainty. My wife has been the strongest advocate for Sky Blue Sky and the experience so far has been a huge turn off for her. She rallied a bit after last weeks Tweedy Show, but there are too many stories from different sources about families stranded in remote locations because of a false positive test. I'd feel more confident about going if I had more concrete proof about what everybody involved is doing about providing a safe, supportive experience. Instead, I hear conflicting stories... and frankly (not evidenced in the viachicago forums, natch), the conduct of other attendees in the FB forums has made us question who we want to be with for a week of sun, fun and omicron.... (present company excluded). Looking forward to a redemption of sorts in North Adams this Memorial Day Weekend. Hope to have a fourth Shot In The Arm" by that time

• Like 2

@BigDitchStan I posted this over at the crazy SBS Facebook page too, but I am posting it here re: your cancelation/insurance plans:

If you're trying to decide if you should activate travel insurance (partial refund) versus wait to see if we will have option for refund/credit:
It seems prudent to wait for this week's Quintana Roo COVID safety level "traffic light" which should be out today. It's highly likely that the region will go from "yellow" to "orange," which means that businesses can run at lowered max capacities. Looks like 50% for orange?

If QR goes to orange, I hope that maybe SBS refunds would be finally allowed, so that Cloud 9 can attempt to have only 50% capacity planning to attend, and move forward with running the festival.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 11.48.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.00.40 PM.png

• Thanks 1

See you in North Adams!

I'm in the same boat with you. 3 different family members testing for covid today, so I may have travel insurance coverage (but probably not). It's being stressful NOT to go so I can just imagine how conflicted many people are who are still planning to go, if only to avoid losing all that money! The medicine kits people are packing are going to take up a big chunk of their luggage space! 

I don't wish ill on anyone, going or staying home. But I don't expect this to work out well. Some people may be in for a rude awakening. ☹

10 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

So if anybody wants to start a gofundme to help recover my $2300 I'd be cool with that.

Heavy sigh.

As an 80% joke/20% legit proposal, I suggested to my wife that the Wilco universe should have worked out a deal where Wilco agreed to cancel, forcing a refund, if ticket holders agreed to bail them out financially by handing over 50% of the refunded price to cover a portion of Wilco’s cancellation penalty via gofundme.

People set up gofundme’s every day for way less worthy causes.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, jff said:

As an 80% joke/20% legit proposal, I suggested to my wife that the Wilco universe should have worked out a deal where Wilco agreed to cancel, forcing a refund, if ticket holders agreed to bail them out financially by handing over 50% of the refunded price to cover a portion of Wilco’s cancellation penalty via gofundme.

It's a freakin' mess... Wilco's name gets tarnished due to Cloud 9's intransigence. After all, we signed up for Wilco's Sky Blue Sky, not Cloud9's Sun n' Fun with Omicron. Not blaming Wilco...

• Like 2
6 hours ago, jff said:

Ha!  I had the exact same thought last week.  Create a pool of money to entice Wilco to cancel and fund it from the refund. 

I hope everyone who has chosen to go stays healthy and has a blast.  Hoist one or two cervesas for me.   Put it on my tab.

• Like 1

I don't blame Wilco for this at all. I think Cloud 9 is financially in over their heads and likely contracted to HRH in such a way that they'll lose their shirts if this festival (and others?) don't happen. I feel that Cloud 9 is the problematic entity here.

• Like 1

After all the fighting over whether this event should be canceled due to omicron, imagine if it got snowed out because the bands couldn’t get there.  

I’ll admit that I’d laugh if that happened.

• Haha 2

While the vast majority of the blame should go to the promoter, I don't think the band is entirely blameless. They didn't have to accept the gig. Also, they were advertising it pretty heavily on their mechanisms such as wilcoworld & via email etc. I probably shouldn't say anything as this stuff is way out of the zone I can afford even if I was healthy enough to travel. Would love to go but that's not the reality I have to  live in these days. I have rocked & rolled plenty in my life haha.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

I don't blame Wilco for this at all. I think Cloud 9 is financially in over their heads and likely contracted to HRH in such a way that they'll lose their shirts if this festival (and others?) don't happen. I feel that Cloud 9 is the problematic entity here.

Yep.  Hard for me to blame the guy who has essentially given away 200+ live shows on Instagram since COVID started.  I blame Cloud 9 and Trump (because I like to blame Trump for everything bad).   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

I wonder if a class action lawsuit will be made against Cloud 9?

The petition numbers have continued to grow even at this late date!

There are a lot of very disgruntled Cloud 9 customers.

The trouble with that is if one were filed it would almost certainly include the band. Those kind of suits tend to include anyone who was involved on any level. The concert business has always been rife with corruption & malfeasance. This is just the latest. It's too bad that Wilco has gotten caught up in something like this.

some of you may know Rob and Crystal Janes. Rob and Crystal were injured on their way to SBS in a horrific accident that took the life of one other passenger. 

https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/one-killed-6-injured-in-highway-accident-outside-cancun/2022.html?cn-reloaded=1&fbclid=IwAR1GSjFPsECe_FTlMwn5G6jtr3xZSl0veldoZ7Wf5a-89bKVGx51w3uV-I0&cn-reloaded=1

Contributed to this will all my heart and limited financial means. If you can too, please accept my thanks. 

https://gofund.me/005161fd

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, lizish said:

some of you may know Rob and Crystal Janes. Rob and Crystal were injured on their way to SBS in a horrific accident that took the life of one other passenger. 

https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/one-killed-6-injured-in-highway-accident-outside-cancun/2022.html?cn-reloaded=1&fbclid=IwAR1GSjFPsECe_FTlMwn5G6jtr3xZSl0veldoZ7Wf5a-89bKVGx51w3uV-I0&cn-reloaded=1

Contributed to this will all my heart and limited financial means. If you can too, please accept my thanks. 

The SBS situation just keeps getting worse. Prayers for those involved.

Oh man, I’m so sorry about this accident.  I’ve been in some bad highway accidents, but none that ever ended a life.  I can only imagine how painful this will be for everyone involved to process.

6 hours ago, lizish said:

I spread the word on some other music sites I post on.