Sky Blue Sky Festival

7 hours ago, lizish said:

some of you may know Rob and Crystal Janes. Rob and Crystal were injured on their way to SBS in a horrific accident that took the life of one other passenger. 

https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/one-killed-6-injured-in-highway-accident-outside-cancun/2022.html?cn-reloaded=1&fbclid=IwAR1GSjFPsECe_FTlMwn5G6jtr3xZSl0veldoZ7Wf5a-89bKVGx51w3uV-I0&cn-reloaded=1

Contributed to this will all my heart and limited financial means. If you can too, please accept my thanks. 

https://gofund.me/005161fd

There but for the Grace of God go a lot of us; will donate and share.

• Like 1
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish  I wish I could share that optimism. Unfortunately, it's not just about being at an outdoor concert. There's the trip to the airport, and time spent in the airport waiting for your fligh

Yep.  Hard for me to blame the guy who has essentially given away 200+ live shows on Instagram since COVID started.  I blame Cloud 9 and Trump (because I like to blame Trump for everything bad).   

I'm feeling seriously depressed at the thought that the penalty for 6 days of fun in Mexico may be...could very likely be!...being stuck in a Mexican Residence Inn for 10 days!  With covid, and no par

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

I saw the go fund me blew by it's goal quickly. I'm sure they can use the extra cash. Good on people who contributed!

Hope to see them at Solid Sound!

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, sonnyfeeling said:

As I understand it, the event is every other year, just like Solid Sound. So far it's been 2020 and 2022, so the next one should be January 2024... And if past experience is any indication, it will be announced in May 2023.

Still waiting for my refund offer.  :realmad 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 11/26/2022 at 12:22 PM, tinnitus photography said:

maybe i missed it but given the late date and lack of annonucement, i guess SBS 2023 is a no-go? didn't they have a three year contract? 

and... Sky Blue Sky 2023 is a go!

(weird that no one posted about it already... slackers! or just indifferent?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

I was waiting for you to post about it. B)

Nah, I should've but I've got family emergencies going on (everybody is mostly ok) so I've been distracted. I do appreciate you posting about it. It's a very nice lineup and I'm trying to convince myself I can afford it. I wish it wasn't in December but I suppose that's the sweet season down there.

12 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth over how Cloud 9 handled the last one.  I'm going to Newport FF in July so, as much as I loved the first one,  I think we're gonna pass on Sky Blue Sky.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Chez said:

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth over how Cloud 9 handled the last one.  I'm going to Newport FF in July so, as much as I loved the first one,  I think we're gonna pass on Sky Blue Sky.

Same.  I'll come right out and say it...I'm pretty much retired from Wilco over that experience.  Tweedy and his lawyer could have gone to bat for his fans in a number of ways and at least tried to find some kind of a solution, but he chose not to. 

• Like 1

It's WAY outside my budget (the last two times as well, but it seems to have gone up in price far beyond the inflation rate in the USA) but I'm a huge FJM and Sylvan Esso fan, so I'm happy for those who can make it.

I do wonder if opening it up to a second hotel means the crowd will be much bigger? That doesn't seem awesome.

But Mexico is beautiful and going there and hanging out while listening to some amazing artists, does sound a good time. Enjoy those who can make it!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

the band signed a contract to perform at a four day event. what the hell was his lawyer gonna do?

Lawyers break or renegotiate contracts everyday.  No contract is ironclad, and if Wilcos lawyer thinks contracts are unbreakable, they need a better lawyer.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, jff said:

Same.  I'll come right out and say it...I'm pretty much retired from Wilco over that experience.  Tweedy and his lawyer could have gone to bat for his fans in a number of ways and at least tried to find some kind of a solution, but he chose not to. 

Not to rehash this exhausting debate, but I'm genuinely curious what you think they could have done that would have been even remotely realistic.

1 hour ago, Madcap said:

Not to rehash this exhausting debate, but I'm genuinely curious what you think they could have done that would have been even remotely realistic.

They could have done exactly what Dead and Company did.

2 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

they canceled because Mayer got covid before the event. 

That's less than half the story, and the irrelevant part, at that.

Dead and Company were offering refunds at the end of December (with the full intention of the festival going on for those who chose to attend.)   

Mayer got Covid on January 5, which forced the cancellation.  But that happened a week after refunds were offered.   https://variety.com/2021/music/news/dead-company-refunds-festival-mexico-covid-concerns-1235144609/

• Like 1
7 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

i guess the Dead have deeper pockets and could afford to pull the plug.

nah, they just have better lawyers. 

Again, you’ve misrepresented the situation, this time by conflating “pulling the plug” with “offering refunds.”

I’m sure you’re correct about them (Dead and Co)  having better lawyers, though. That seems plainly apparent, and is frankly the most favorable light in which to view this if you’re looking to excuse Tweedy.  The alternative, less favorable view, is that Tweedy does have great lawyers but he chose not to go to bat for his fans.