HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY, VIA CHICAGO!

It’s funny I was just thinking king of this place Friday as I was at the Calvin in Northampton ma seeing nada surf and that was where I first met other VCers in the wild in 03 or 04 before a Wilco show.  Then I get drawn back here today.

• Like 5
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it’s been a long time. Met my husband of 16 years here. Jorge Fabregas.    Happy Birthday VC! My life would be so different had I not bumped into this place.    love to all. 

This was the first interwebs "fan forum" I ever joined (2003, maybe earlier), and that was because Wilco had become an exceedingly important fact in my life. I needed to find my tribe. At the time, I

Hey there people! I can't believe VC has been around for 20 years. I joined this message board specifically to find a recording of the 7/31/2002 Wilco show at The Orpheum Madison. So I probably joined

Posted Images

Hey there people! I can't believe VC has been around for 20 years. I joined this message board specifically to find a recording of the 7/31/2002 Wilco show at The Orpheum Madison. So I probably joined in August '02? Then ended up meeting so many of you in person over the years. And it took a global pandemic for that show @Orpheum surface (it showed up on nugs.net  a couple months ago woot woot)! 

I've made so many wonderful long-lasting friendships on this old message board. So many funny memories. So many good people. Love you all. xxoo

• Like 10

No luck on Stardog. I forgot that I changed phones back in June and some things didn't seem to make it over. Could swear I had him friended on FB but can't find him. Possible that he did an FB freakout, like some other people (no names). I dunno.

• Sad 2

I haven't been on here in so, so long, but when Donna sends a message and asks a girl to hop on and say hi, that's what you do.

I was always on the quieter side back in the day and did more lurking (but not in a creep way; I promise) than interacting, but I made a handful of lifelong friends because of this place, and I always enjoyed knowing that I was among others who shared my love of Wilco with the same intensity. Logging back in and seeing everything is a giant blast from the past, and it gives me all the feels.

Also, I have fun coincidental happening that will now always share the same day as VC's 20th birthday. Some of you may remember that I was the one who had a coffee shop named Being There. It closed its doors back in 2012, but I have always had a dream of reopening and that has been in the works for a few years now but just hasn't come to fruition. Yet. But I got a message today from my realtor that the offer I sent over to a property owner is being reviewed and all signs point to it being accepted. So, not to get ahead of myself, but thank you VC for the good vibes. Cake on the house from me. You can all have it with your sangria. 

Happy birthday, VC. Here's to 20 more! 

• Like 6

So many of my favorite people are on this thread. :wub  I'm pretty sure I joined in late 2002/early 2003 (just before the show at the Great American Music Hall).  I knew I had "arrived" as a VCer when I had a conversation with Brianne and Natalie.  I wish I had archived all of Natalie's posts, I would love to read about the Sentient Action Figures again. And I miss Appreciation Threads!  You don't get those on facebook. (Oh, and also, I wish I had access to the VC emoji on all platforms!:badger:eat:monkey:dancing)

• Like 9