RSD 2024: The Whole Love Expanded

I really want to see a track list. I already have the speak into the rose EP. I’m assuming:

I love my Label

Sometimes it Happens

Message From Mid-Bar

Speak into the Rose

Black Moon (alt)

Art of Almost (alt) 
I Might (demo)

and the iTunes sessions released in 2011

I wonder about anything we haven’t heard yet. 

• 1 month later...

"This package collects the original album plus three LP sides of bonus material. The bonus tracks appeared on companion single and EP releases at the time, tracks pulled from 2011 radio live-in-studio recordings, plus a couple of unreleased tracks from early in the sessions. Everything is packaged in a beautiful box."

HTH

There seems to be a lot of vinyl chauvinism about these days. How would I get to buy this as a CD kind of person? Luckily at more than 70 quid and without much new meat I can let it pass without getting hot and bothered.

I love Sometimes It Happens. The rest of the original bonus (CD) material I don't care for. However, The Whole Love is probably my favourite Wilco album - largely because of Pat's production I think. (Usual caveats that there are some tracks I am not so fond of apply). 

17 hours ago, A Radio Cure said:

Can’t believe there isn’t more info on this yet. Has anyone seen a track listing?

Looks like it's going to go for $70-90!

14 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

There seems to be a lot of vinyl chauvinism about these days.

I also think there's an element of feeding an addiction in the current trend for reissues/bonus content/enhanced packaging. There are rules about such things in the UK betting industry for example. For those with more money than sense then no problem, but I wonder if there are less well off completist fans of different bands who buy stuff they really shouldn't be spending their money on. I don't see why there could not just be separate EP releases for the actual new material.

I can't find any information about a SiriusXM session in that period. Could it be that the tracks from that session (+ Cruel To Be Kind) are originally from the iTunes session too? If that's the case, the only previously unreleased tracks on here are the Rising Red Lung and Sunloathe demos. Not sure if that's worth the 80-90 euro it's listed for...

I've just had the worst RSD day news in a long time; The Whole Love Expanded LP has zero copies sent out to New Zealand (where I live).  Not a single copy of the 4500 has reached these shores.  I guess I won't be queuing up early on Saturday morning after all.  I was looking forward to this so much and am majorly disappointed.  This on the back of Wilco not including New Zealand on their recent tour "Down Under" (Which I travelled to Australia to catch).  It feels like Wilco has abandoned our little country - And its fans here (although I know this is a label distribution decision, and not a Wilco Band one).

So, ISO - The Whole Love Expanded 3LP.  Will cover shipping to New Zealand, paypal fees etc.  But I'm not interested in Discogs style "Flipper" pricing.  If you're nearby (Australia perhaps) and find more than one copy at your local record store on Saturday, and feel like giving some Wilco Love to a fellow fan then I'm your man.

@bebop @froggie @visions @theashtraysays Perhaps one of you can help??

• Like 1
On 4/17/2024 at 11:44 PM, Wilc Os said:

I've just had the worst RSD day news in a long time; The Whole Love Expanded LP has zero copies sent out to New Zealand (where I live).  Not a single copy of the 4500 has reached these shores.  I guess I won't be queuing up early on Saturday morning after all.  I was looking forward to this so much and am majorly disappointed.  This on the back of Wilco not including New Zealand on their recent tour "Down Under" (Which I travelled to Australia to catch).  It feels like Wilco has abandoned our little country - And its fans here (although I know this is a label distribution decision, and not a Wilco Band one).

So, ISO - The Whole Love Expanded 3LP.  Will cover shipping to New Zealand, paypal fees etc.  But I'm not interested in Discogs style "Flipper" pricing.  If you're nearby (Australia perhaps) and find more than one copy at your local record store on Saturday, and feel like giving some Wilco Love to a fellow fan then I'm your man.

I won't be going to RSD on Saturday (out of town, and not a huge vinyl collector anyway), but I can check on Monday and see if our local record shop still has a copy if you didn't score one over the weekend.  I'm in the US by the way.  I presume we met last month?? I'm Vince -  I was at all the shows there. 

On 4/17/2024 at 10:44 PM, Wilc Os said:

Keep an eye on the Wilco World US store in the next few weeks, I believe RSD stuff has popped up there afterwards in limited quantities. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, theashtraysays said:

I won't be going to RSD on Saturday (out of town, and not a huge vinyl collector anyway), but I can check on Monday and see if our local record shop still has a copy if you didn't score one over the weekend.  I'm in the US by the way.  I presume we met last month?? I'm Vince -  I was at all the shows there. 

Thanks so much for the offer, I’ll let you know how it goes. It seems like online on Monday is my only other hope. It’s 7am Saturday here right now and I’m usually in line for RSD, this year the Wilco release was all I wanted so I’m drinking coffee and eating breakfast instead.  We may have met in Melbourne, I was in the first 5 people of the queue at the venue for the last 2 nights of the Melb dates. I met so many great people I’m struggling to retain all the names!

Have a great weekend.

I was reluctant to spend the money on this, thinking there wasn’t much new here. I’m glad I got it!  Art of almost is not the same alt version from Speak into the Rose EP. Much slower and very different. If you are on the fence I think it’s probably worth it. 

also a bonus of the Spanish Dawned on Me at the very end 

• Like 1

After all the FOMO I managed to purchase a copy online from Red Eye Records in Sydney yesterday. It will probably take a week or so to get here though. Reports online are that it’s a well done reissue and sounds great. Really looking forward to getting this on my turntable.

• Like 2