On the topic of Hot Sun cover art, did anyone else here have a go at the DIY of it?  Thanks to @kidsmoke I have a copy right over the other side of the planet.  My DIY effort pales in comparative joy to that of the winners entry though...

Hot Sun 1.JPG

• Like 3
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fb group (a private group - must be “approved” to join) is called A Shot in the Arm and has 12k members.  It’s weird in that even though you have to use your real name (as opposed to here where

I really love both Cruel Country and Cousin, especially compared to Schmilco and Ode to Joy, and my understanding is that the former albums were both products of collaboration more so than the latter

On the topic of Hot Sun cover art, did anyone else here have a go at the DIY of it?  Thanks to @kidsmoke I have a copy right over the other side of the planet.  My DIY effort pales in comparative joy

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Wilc Os said:

Official winner of the cover art for Hot Sun Cool Shroud has been announced today.  Winner was an adorable young girl named Clementine who was interviewed by Jeff, which was posted to social media yesterday.  I hope she sees some royalties from her efforts, her work is bound to increase sales!

Hot Sun.jpg

That’s a better cover than practically any previous Wilco release - so much for all those so called creative teams involved before. Wonder if they’ll have copyright issues from the manufacturers of the other stickers that have been used though . . .

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Wilc Os said:

On the topic of Hot Sun cover art, did anyone else here have a go at the DIY of it?  Thanks to @kidsmoke I have a copy right over the other side of the planet.  My DIY effort pales in comparative joy to that of the winners entry though...

Hot Sun 1.JPG

This is so much better than the one they chose. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think the one they chose is hideous. And it's going to look even more chaotic on the CD.

18 minutes ago, Brian F. said:

This is so much better than the one they chose. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think the one they chose is hideous. And it's going to look even more chaotic on the CD.

Brian, a child designed it with unicorn stickers. Hideous is a strong critique! 

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Madcap said:

I prefer a cleaner art design on albums, but kudos to the band for saying fuck it and going for chaos mode!

The collection of songs on this EP is the closest to chaotic that Wilco has come for a long time.  I think the winning cover is well suited to the music contained within.

• Like 1
On 9/24/2024 at 12:11 PM, Brian F. said:

Am I supposed to grade it on a curve? I think it's a mess.

You big meanie. It has unicorns, and pink! If they couldn't choose mine (well I had stamped it with my "Fuck Trump" stamp several times) then Clementine's was a deserving 2nd choice.

I love Wilco-O's version too!

• Like 1