Copy of email from Wilco HQ below gives all the details. I think this is the leftover tracks from Cousins that Jeff mentioned in an interview when it came out (in Uncut I think).

HOT SUN COOL SHROUD

New EP Out June 28 via dBpm Records

SCbOMt9u5aPuv_7_QET16LkRuqARib82Q8FSv9P1

A new EP just in time for summer (and Solid Sound)! 

Hot Sun Cool Shroud features six new tracks from Wilco that have a summertime-after-dark kind of feeling. 

“It starts off pretty hot, like heat during the day, has some instrumentals on it that are a little agitated and uncomfortable and ends with a cooling breeze. There are tracks on Hot Sun Cool Shroud that are more aggressive and angular than anything we’ve put out in a while, and a song about love melting you like ice cream into a puddle of sugary soup. All the pieces of summer, including the broody cicadas.” - Jeff Tweedy

The EP will be available digitally on June 28 (presave here), and Solid Sound goers will have the first crack at vinyl. 

Solid Sound Festival 

June 28-30th in North Adams, MA

We’re roughly a month away from Solid Sound! Limited 3-day and single-day passes are available here. We hope to see you in North Adams soon! 
812ffa23-9b0c-2eec-1a7a-c33040eae7d2.jpg

Add Cover Artwork Designer to Your Resume

A limited run of white Hot Sun Cool Shroud EP vinyl has been pressed for Solid Sound. Those will be available on a first-come, first-served basis via the Autumn x Belltower records pop-up shop.  

During the festival weekend, you’ll have the chance to design your own cover using stamps and stickers featuring images from the “Bad Fruit” collection of visual artist Kathleen Ryan.  

Those interested can then submit their cover designs to dBpm Records. Our favorite will be selected for use on the standard LP and CD packaging when the EP is made generally available for sale in physical formats later this year.  

Limited quantities are available so make sure to grab yours fast!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is the track list for Hot Sun Cool Shroud:

1. Hot Sun
2. Livid
3. Ice Cream
4. Annihilation
5. Inside the Bell Bones
6. Say You Love Me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, martynep said:

more aggressive and angular than anything we’ve put out in a while,

Can’t wait to hear this ep!

Anyone here going to Solid Sound and want to pick me up a vinyl copy? I know it’s wishful thinking but thought it’d be worth a shot…

Anyone know which tracks have lyrics & which are the instrumentals? Figure some may have shown up on "The Tweedy Show" and/or "Starship Casual" & that folks here might know... Life circumstances have kept me from being able to keep up as much as I'd like... Maybe, someday soon (cue up the appropriate "Being There" track now)... aaaaaaand, mic drop...

One of the perks of the "Friend of the Festival" pass for Solid Sound was, if I recall correctly, a 10-inch with unreleased Wilco tracks. I'm assuming this is that.

• Like 1
On 5/29/2024 at 3:01 PM, RainDogToo said:

Here is the track list for Hot Sun Cool Shroud:

1. Hot Sun
2. Livid
3. Ice Cream
4. Annihilation
5. Inside the Bell Bones
6. Say You Love Me

I heard Say You Love Me on a tour of the Loft. It is gorgeous.

On 5/29/2024 at 10:04 PM, linclink1111 said:

Anyone know which tracks have lyrics & which are the instrumentals? Figure some may have shown up on "The Tweedy Show" and/or "Starship Casual" & that folks here might know... Life circumstances have kept me from being able to keep up as much as I'd like... Maybe, someday soon (cue up the appropriate "Being There" track now)... aaaaaaand, mic drop...

Sleuthing through Wilcoworld, it appears "Livid" and "Inside the Bell Bones" are instrumentals. "Hot Sun," "Ice Cream" and "Say You Love Me" all have lyrics posted. I don't see anything for "Annihilation."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/5/2024 at 12:26 PM, DiamondClaw said:

Sleuthing through Wilcoworld, it appears "Livid" and "Inside the Bell Bones" are instrumentals. "Hot Sun," "Ice Cream" and "Say You Love Me" all have lyrics posted. I don't see anything for "Annihilation."

Thanks so much! And , as Columbo (Peter Falk) used to say- "Uhm, just one more thing..."... 

... I can't access the recent article in Rolling Stone involving Jeff speaking about the new EP & the first night "Deep Cuts" show at Solid Sound- it/they/RS asks me to start a free trial/subscription to see the full article (tried "going incognito" & that new tab/page wouldn't work either)...

... sooooo, if possible, if you could copy the text of it (simple "cut & paste) & get it to me somehow-

my email is "11johnlink11@gmail.com" and/or a PM here?- been so long since I've been more active here I don't recall how/if that (personal messages) works as a feature here, or not... Thanks again for your song/sonics sleuth work sussing out the lyrical from the instrumental songs/tracks & hope you can help with the recent Rolling Stone article...

On 6/5/2024 at 12:26 PM, DiamondClaw said:

Thanks so much! And , as Columbo (Peter Falk) used to say- "Uhm, just one more thing..."... 

... I can't access the recent article in Rolling Stone involving Jeff speaking about the new EP & the first night "Deep Cuts" show at Solid Sound- it/they/RS asks me to start a free trial/subscription to see the full article (tried "going incognito" & that new tab/page wouldn't work either)...

... sooooo, if possible, if you could copy the text of it (simple "cut & paste) & get it to me somehow-

my email is "11johnlink11@gmail.com" and/or a PM here?- been so long since I've been more active here I don't recall how/if that (personal messages) works as a feature here, or not- or just post the text of it here for all to enjoy!... Thanks again for your song/sonics sleuth work sussing out the lyrical from the instrumental songs/tracks & hope you can help with the recent Rolling Stone article...