Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

Everything I Do (I Do It For You)

Please tell me you have some rare Bryan Adams material. :party

#43 Fried Chicken Boy

Fried Chicken Boy

A Cherry Ghost

• 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

First, thank you VERY much for this post, all the work that's gone into uploading and hosting the files and all the outstanding material available for the downloading!! :thumbup :thumbup

Second, regarding this...

Hey
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but how the hell do you use a FLAC? I downloaded the thing, but can't open it in Media Player or iTunes.
If it's a big file I'd like to change it into an mp3 for my ipod, but keep it in best possible quality to burn onto CD. Can someone please tell me how?? (Or tell me how to find out!)
Thanks, and thanks lots for posting all this stuff.

iTunes will not play FLAC files and Media Player will only play them with a certain hard-to-find plugin whose name escapes me. If you use Windows, my suggestions would be to use either Trader's Little Helper to do conversions, checksums, testing, etc... or MediaMonkey, which will not only play just about every type of music file under the sun, but will also convert some of the more popular formats. They are both FREE, too.

For Mac, as others have previously posted, your best bet is probably xAct for conversions and I would suggest VLC media player for playing most files. They are both free, too. Good luck!

#44 cryptique

cryptique

On & On & On

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,967 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:57 AM

Second, regarding this...
iTunes will not play FLAC files and Media Player will only play them with a certain hard-to-find plugin whose name escapes me. If you use Windows, my suggestions would be to use either Trader's Little Helper to do conversions, checksums, testing, etc... or MediaMonkey, which will not only play just about every type of music file under the sun, but will also convert some of the more popular formats. They are both FREE, too.

For Mac, as others have previously posted, your best bet is probably xAct for conversions and I would suggest VLC media player for playing most files. They are both free, too. Good luck!

Good to know about these additional resources -- thanks, FCB.

Additionally, and to reiterate: for Windows users, Winamp will play FLAC files, and the FLAC Frontend will decode them to WAV. Both apps are free.

#45 zebra

zebra

I Miss the Innocence

• PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:42 AM

I would just like to extend many thanks for making these files available for download. One question though. Are there "A Ghost Is Born" demos? I know "Handshake Drugs" is on the "Moor Like The Moon" EP, but I was wondering about the rest. Thanks.

#46 junkbond_trader

junkbond_trader

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

I would just like to extend many thanks for making these files available for download. One question though. Are there "A Ghost Is Born" demos? I know "Handshake Drugs" is on the "Moor Like The Moon" EP, but I was wondering about the rest. Thanks.

As far as I know the only Ghost Is Born demos that are available were included with the wilco book.
Someone else may be able to clarify or say i am wrong;)

#47 HighFives

HighFives

I'm Always in Love

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:07 PM

As far as I know the only Ghost Is Born demos that are available were included with the wilco book.
Someone else may be able to clarify or say i am wrong;)

there aren't any. I wouldn't really classify the wilco book as demos either but its as close as we have. at least for now.

#48 owl

owl

One Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:24 AM

Thanks, feller.

There is some more cool stuff on the horizon, including soundboards of the 2007 Living Room Show, Wilco's first show from the AM tour, as well as another purportedly uncirculated show from KFOG '97.

#49 Analogman

Analogman

All the Way Back in the Seventies

• 46,032 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

How do you feel about hosting Time Fades Away and Journey Through The Past?

#50 owl

owl

One Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

I don't mind hosting stuff as long as it's not illegal.

#51 Analogman

Analogman

• 46,032 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:15 AM

I suppose that's a grey area - as they are out of print. I once had the guy who runs the Black Crowes board tell me that it did not matter if something was out of print - it was still ripping off the band to post whatever it was.

#52 owl

owl

One Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:17 AM

Yeah, it's tough to say. I probably shouldn't host those, but I figure it's probably not too tough to get them and who knows? They might appear on the inevitable archives as well.

I guess my basic rule (with the Wilco Singles Collection being a possible exception) is: Would Dime allow it?

#53 Analogman

Analogman

• 46,032 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:19 AM

That's a good rule to go by - maybe we should forget the NY stuff then.

Maybe next we can do a set I have called The Collected Jeff Tweedy (I think) - it came from someone on here years ago.

#54 owl

owl

One Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:26 AM

Copyright is a fine line no matter how you see it, and I realize that my site treads that line. I realize that at some point, someone will probably ask me to take something down. When that happens, I just want to make sure that the material it at least arguably legal. ;)

Collected Tweedy sounds good. I might have that somewhere, though, so let me take a look through my dusty CD collection.

#55 cryptique

cryptique

On & On & On

• 19,967 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:42 AM

Collected Tweedy sounds good. I might have that somewhere, though, so let me take a look through my Dusty CD collection.

Posted Image ?

#56 owl

owl

One Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:08 AM

Spooooooooooooky!

#57 howdjadoo

howdjadoo

Dawned On Me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

Would Dime allow it?

Thanks for another fine Tweedely.Half of my Up's beein' banned leaves another very anjoyable half(just re -seeded Mermaid Demos)-Continental- :cheekkiss -Howdy

#58 cryptique

cryptique

On & On & On

• 19,967 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:28 PM

Would Dime allow it?

Thanks for another fine Tweedely.Half of my Up's beein' banned leaves another very anjoyable half(just re -seeded Mermaid Demos)-Continental- :cheekkiss -Howdy

Not a word.

Posted Image

#59 owl

owl

One Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

Not a word.

kwijibo?
quone?
ain't?