Who will win the World Cup in 2006?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the world Cup in 2006?

• Brazil
    • France
    • USA
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Ghana
  2. 2. How far will the US team make it?

• Won't make it into the round of 16
    • will lose in the round of 16
    • Will make it to Quarter finals but no futher
    • Will Make the Semi-Finals but Lose :(
    • Will make it to the Finals the furthest ever for an American Team only to lose and disappoint America
    • Will Win it ALL ( I Know Wishful Thinking)

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, you got that right. Well it's all moot now it's a final. too bad 'cause Italy won, we would have gotten through to the round of 16.

What do you think it is? I know we have good athletes and all but we just can't seem to get anything going at the international level. A lot of the guys on the US play in the Euro leauges so they have talent. Are the other nations just better tactical players or what?

The problem is that none of America's best athletes play soccer. We're never gonna be any good because nobody cares about the sport in this country. I've been hearing the argument for 25 years that we're up and coming because of youth participation, and we're still "behind the curve" with respect to knowing and understanding the game, but once we catch up... look out! Never gonna happen. Let the rest of the world have soccer. God forbid if we ever do become good. Surely we can be forgiven for American Imperialism, but there'll be hell to pay if we fuck up futbol too.

Ah, fuck it...I guess it was naive for me to think I could make it through the day without hearing the result of the US - Ghana match. Oh well...come on, England.

Speaking of which, why the hell didn't they give Walcott a chance versus Sweden??? Wouldn't that have been the best chance to have a look at him, when a win wasn't necessary?

Ah, fuck it...I guess it was naive for me to think I could make it through the day without hearing the result of the US - Ghana match. Oh well...come on, England.

Speaking of which, why the hell didn't they give Walcott a chance versus Sweden??? Wouldn't that have been the best chance to have a look at him, when a win wasn't necessary?

But a lose would have made England have to play a good German team early. You don't want to play the host country early especially when they have a good squad. Also he is very young and they probably didn't want him to make a mistake. I think they should have brought him in at the end of the game but I am not the coach. I think England should be able to beat Ecuador but Holland in Round 3 will be tight I think Holland will most likely dash any of the British hopes.

I think Germany should be able to take Sweden hopefully, but the follow up match will be huge Germany and Argentina whoever wins that will most likely be in the finals against Brasil. Brasil will destroy Ghana and make the US look even worse the fact that a small african nation has a better soccer team than the US. Not until Soccer actually has some popularity in the US will they ever be able to field a good team maybe Beckham coming to the MLS could help but that is another 2 years down the road.

maybe little Freddie Adu is our answer

After this year's showing, he may opt to play for Ghana instead. :hmm

Freddy wasn't quite ready this year. I think he will be next time around.

About time the Croatians scored. Up 1-Nil early in the first half. I had to take a late lunch to at least watch the first half.

I've backed the Croatians in this tournament (besides England), so I hope they can hold on (not that it'll save them , but they'll save face at least). As for Jap v Braz - Japan have just scored! I haven't thought to much of Brazil this World Cup - they don't really stand a chance of winning playing at this level, but then the same can be said for England, so things can change!

The cheeseburger gobler scored!!!!!!!!!!!! He is now equal to Pele in WC goals.

That was a sitter though, if he can't score them then he shouldn't be playing in a club side let alone international. He doesn't look happy still though. It's a shame because he seems like a person who takes playing football (normally anyway) in the spirit it should be played.

Ronaldo (aka the hamburgler) ties the record for WC goals with his 14th Career WC goal with Gerd Mueller who netted 14 times for West Germany in the 1970 and 1974 World Cups.

That Ghana's team is called the Black Stars is just about the coolest thing ever.

blackstar.jpg

Why doesn't someone start a JP Dellacamera hate-thread. I hate his voice so much, and even more than that, I loathe his pronunciation of players' names.

For Example:

Francesco Totti-

Cody says Fran-chess-koh Tah-tee

JP says Flran-tsess-koh Toh-tee

I can't even phonetically screw his words up enough to make them sound like him.

Speaking of Totti, why are so few people here backing Italy? And why did Lippi pick every Italian forward but Antonio Cassano? Anyway, go Italy.

659728371.jpg

I forgot to add this...

5.jpg :hitit

I wish I played Italian soccer...

Edited by groselicain
Speaking of Totti, why are so few people here backing Italy? And why did Lippi pick every Italian forward but Antonio Cassano? Anyway, go Italy.

When Italian players stop acting like they're near death every time they so much as trip over a blade of grass, I might consider backing them sometime.

Yes, players all across the world flop. The Italians, however, take it to an extreme that becomes tiresome to watch. Get the fuck off the ground, dude.

We coined an abbreviation in my family well over twenty years ago to refer to any Italian player who's executed an overly dramatic descent to the pitch: PBLOG, or "poor bastard lying on ground."

It's a pity they're so dependent upon diving, because much of the rest of the time they're capable of gorgeous football.

When Italian players stop acting like they're near death every time they so much as trip over a blade of grass, I might consider backing them sometime.

Yes, players all across the world flop. The Italians, however, take it to an extreme that becomes tiresome to watch. Get the fuck off the ground, dude.

We coined an abbreviation in my family well over twenty years ago to refer to any Italian player who's executed an overly dramatic descent to the pitch: PBLOG, or "poor bastard lying on ground."

It's a pity they're so dependent upon diving, because much of the rest of the time they're capable of gorgeous football.

bullshit. every team in the World Cup can be guilty of the same thing.

FORZA ITALIA. :cheers

The French advance HA! :blink

As for the Itailians Fook them in the arse with a can of chef borarde'. Letting the mob fix all the games in your league is bull shit and total disrespect to the game.

I love the world cup, its just too bad they are playing soccer.

Incidently has anyone said that the USofA stinks at this game???

LouieB

I love the world serise, its just too bad they are playing baseball.

It has been mentioned that they played subpar.

Sweden are getting the meatballs knocked out of them.