Who will win the World Cup in 2006?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the world Cup in 2006?

• Brazil
    • France
    • USA
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Ghana
  2. 2. How far will the US team make it?

• Won't make it into the round of 16
    • will lose in the round of 16
    • Will make it to Quarter finals but no futher
    • Will Make the Semi-Finals but Lose :(
    • Will make it to the Finals the furthest ever for an American Team only to lose and disappoint America
    • Will Win it ALL ( I Know Wishful Thinking)

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Ronaldo now holds the record for WC goals all by his self with a career total of 15. Brazil seems as if they are starting to fire on all cylinders which means trouble for anyone they are playing.

3-0, sorta sad for Ghana but I don't think anyone really expected otherwise. Nice to see Kingson with the good saves at the end of the game, it was just a shame that they came then rather than at the beginning. Ze Roberto's goal there at the death was nice, but I guess I didn't really appreciate it so much because I hated to see Ghana lose that way. Not a bad showing for them at all, though.

I wouldn't say that; they've won it three times. Now, we've had some bad luck (Maradona's Hand Of God for example, Penalties against Germany). I wouldn't mind the Italian's winning so much if they were actually enjoyable to watch, but they aren't.

Italy and bad luck go hand in hand. Look at the last four world cups:

'90: Loss on penalties to Argentina

'94: Loss on penalties to Brazil

'98: Loss on penalties to France

'02: Bullshit loss to South Korea.

Italy was due for some good fortune. The call was borderline - it could have went either way. The red card against Materazzi was a terrible call, so it all balances out.

And the Aussies were enjoyable to watch? Italy had a ton more chances, even with a man down most of the match.

Italy and bad luck go hand in hand. Look at the last four world cups:

'90: Loss on penalties to Argentina

'94: Loss on penalties to Brazil

'98: Loss on penalties to France

'02: Bullshit loss to South Korea.

Italy was due for some good fortune. The call was borderline - it could have went either way. The red card against Materazzi was a terrible call, so it all balances out.

And the Aussies were enjoyable to watch? Italy had a ton more chances, even with a man down most of the match.

buttpee

Guest Laminated Kat
hooray for dyslexia and sickness.

I hear you there.

Poor Ghana. I am not sure why I am disappointed. Their loss was inevitable.

Wow, that France-Spain match was probably the most exciting one so far. :dancing I would have liked to see Spain go through instead, but oh well...c'est la vie. :whoo

Pretty nice for Zidane. It'll be interesting to see if France is able to challenge Brazil...

Allons enfants de la Patrie

Le jour de gloire est arriv

I've decided that I really should sneak out of the office for a couple of hours tomorrow so I can watch Argentina-Germany, which I believe may be the match of the tournament.

Now I'll have to hope that it lives up to the hype I just gave it.

I've decided that I really should sneak out of the office for a couple of hours tomorrow so I can watch Argentina-Germany, which I believe may be the match of the tournament.

Now I'll have to hope that it lives up to the hype I just gave it.

Certainly seems a mouth-watering clash, but when they get hyped up like this they usually end up a 0-0 draw with the Germans winning on penalties. There's usually a bit of bad blood between the two teams also, so expect cheating, diving, a few cards and spitting.

Difficult one to call, the home nation against most people's favourites. I'll stick with my tip of Argentina - which should Germany a safe passage through to the semi's.

Certainly seems a mouth-watering clash, but when they get hyped up like this they usually end up a 0-0 draw with the Germans winning on penalties.

:lol I had actually typed a very similar sentence in my original post but deleted it for some reason.

I will be taking an early long lunch to catch the second half and overtime if it happens. I am glad Fridays are usually slow so if I am gone too long for lunch no one notices. This is the biggest match for me by far. It ought to be very good.

Gehen Deutscher!!!!!!!!!!!

406418980.jpg

Guest Laminated Kat
Absolutely! :dancing

As for Germany-Argentina, I predict Germany's going to win (and not on penalties).

I'd like to see Argentina win, but I have to agree with you on this one. I suspect Germany will take this one all the way.

:wave

I haven't had that problem before when snogging and such with the many German lovelies in the past.

Me neither, but when I did I really objected to their taste in music - Bros, A-Ha and Joey Lawrence.

I shit you not.