Who will win the World Cup in 2006?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the world Cup in 2006?

• Brazil
    • France
    • USA
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Ghana
  2. 2. How far will the US team make it?

• Won't make it into the round of 16
    • will lose in the round of 16
    • Will make it to Quarter finals but no futher
    • Will Make the Semi-Finals but Lose :(
    • Will make it to the Finals the furthest ever for an American Team only to lose and disappoint America
    • Will Win it ALL ( I Know Wishful Thinking)

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man the U.S. is in a tough group Italy, Czech Republic, Ghana.........Was gonna see US Vs. Morroco tonight here in Nashville, but can't make it

I'm so excited!! I'm feeling pretty good about the US this time around.

I'm also a big England supporter, so I'd like to see them do well. I'm looking forward to being impressed by this Walcott kid...or not. :ermm

I think the US should be able to beat the Czech team but it will be tight. Hanging with the Italian team will be very tough too.

I personally will be pulling for Croatia as per usual. The first world cup I got into was '98 when Croatia went for the first time and finished 3rd losing a heartbreaker to France to come short of the Finals. I watched the entire tournament with my two friends from Croatia that were on my basketball team. We snuck into bars every night to watch the games it was quite a melee of events. Good Times.

I usually pick a team from each group to root for and I have my standard teams I pull for through out: Croatia, Germany and since there is no Scottland team England will have to due.

Yeah...I usually root for Ireland.........funny scene in the movie "The Van" the folks in Dublin rooting heavy for Ireland back in 90 when they faced Italy in the quarters. Italy ends up winning on a goal by a guy named Scolarchi (or something like that), next day the lead guy in the movie is wearing an Irish national t-shirt, with a big "Fuck Scolarchi" written across it.....anyways

I need to take a look at the match schedule. I generally take a few days off work during the Cup, to maximize my absorption.

Can't wait! My battle cry this year is Anybody But Brazil.

I need to take a look at the match schedule. I generally take a few days off work during the Cup, to maximize my absorption.

Can't wait! My battle cry this year is Anybody But Brazil.

I have already checked what local time the games will be going on at. The earliest game will start around 9/10a.m. central/eastern the late games starting at 3/4p.m. central/eastern.

I'm so excited!! I'm feeling pretty good about the US this time around.

I'm also a big England supporter, so I'd like to see them do well. I'm looking forward to being impressed by this Walcott kid...or not. :ermm

I'm a big Arsenal fan and I don't even know who Walcott is. I'm shocked he made the squad

I don't know. Will Rooney play? :unsure

I just don't see Rooney being in shape to play. At best he won't be available until deep into the tourney.

That being said, I hope he recovers because England at full strength will be a fun team to watch and a force to be reckoned with

I just don't see Rooney being in shape to play. At best he won't be available until deep into the tourney.

That being said, I hope he recovers because England at full strength will be a fun team to watch and a force to be reckoned with

I hope he does too, and I agree. :cheers Is it a similar injury to the one Beckham had last time around?

I hope he does too, and I agree. :cheers Is it a similar injury to the one Beckham had last time around?

There seems to be a lot of comparison between the two injuries. It sounds like the question mark is not will it be healed but rather will he have time to get in shape once it is healed.

Hoping for the US to do well again, but I really doubt they will make it to the second round.

Hopefully Reyna's injury isn't too bad. The US really needs him.

The US looked like crap tonight; no way that team gets out of the first round. IF they play like that, theylll lose to Ghana. An 0-3 showing in the Group stage would be devestating to the US soccer program

I'm really unsure as to who could win it this time around - England would certainly be in with a shout if there weren't so many "IF's", especially with major players returning from injury - Rooney, Owen, Cole - at the moment you have only one recognised striker in Crouch who's actually scored in the Premiership!

Walcott is a nice gamble and one I hope will pay off.

As per usual, with Wales not having made it (again!!!) I'm kinda of unsure who to root for. Normally I pick a team other than England, but I don't mind them doing well. This time around Tinidad & Tobago are getting my vote I think.... :D

Being English, naturally I'm supporting England, but my hopes are not as high as they would be with a passionate manager in charge. Sorry, I like Sven as a person, but he doesn't strike me as a man to inspire, when the backs are against the wall tactically I find him a bit void of ideas. This doesn't make me a Little Englander.... far from it - I'd love to have have seen someone like Arsene Wenger in charge when Sven steps down.

Getting back to the World Cup - yes, I think England have a chance. But then we've been banging that drum pre-tournament ever since the game was invented. It's like the press think we've have a God-given right to win these things. We don't. I'd prefer it if we down played our chances for a change rather than big ourselves up too much. If I hear the phrase "this is the best group of players since 1966" again I'll go up the wall!

Anyway, I think a lesser team may well sneak through and nick it a la Greece in the Euro Championships. My bets are Argentina to win it (watch out for Lionel Messi - if fit, he will be one of the stars of this World Cup) and Czech Republic as an outside bet.

I'm off to see a couple of England's final friendly games before the World Cup - tomorrow night against Belarus and a week on Saturday against Jamaica. I'll report back on whether this kid Walcott really can walk on water!