Who will win the World Cup in 2006?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the world Cup in 2006?

• Brazil
    • France
    • USA
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Ghana
  2. 2. How far will the US team make it?

• Won't make it into the round of 16
    • will lose in the round of 16
    • Will make it to Quarter finals but no futher
    • Will Make the Semi-Finals but Lose :(
    • Will make it to the Finals the furthest ever for an American Team only to lose and disappoint America
    • Will Win it ALL ( I Know Wishful Thinking)

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I just remind everyone that Argentina were my tips to take the pot. Ithankyou.

It says it all when they bring on superstar-in-waiting Lionel Messi (again, another one of my pre-tournament tips) for last 20 mins. He didn't have much of an impact really - only set up a goal and scored another.

Looks like S&M are getting a good whipping! (ba-boom chaaah!) :thumbup

Hate to say it, but Ian Wright cracked that joke during half-time. Do you see how far down the barrell you're scraping with that joke? Not good. ;)

Nice to see Maradona going beserk in the stands too. I had the usual view on him until I saw a documentary about him a while back. He was living in Cuba and watching a match featuring his old team Boca Juniors on TV and going absolutely mental. You just have to like that kind of passion for sport.

he was also probably the best player i have ever seen, even though he was coked up most of the time. some say better than Pele.

r3852284480.jpg
It would be very cool if Ghana could pull this off...also, with Portugal's win, I've moved into 1st place in the "upickem". B)

It was very cool, indeed. :D

Ghana's second goal was offside, but oh well. Turns out they didn't really need it. How about those two saves by Kingston in the final minute?

As for the U.S.A.-Italy match (it's now halftime), what the fuck is up with the red card to Mastroeni? It was just another late tackle, no worse than many we've seen throughout the tournament which did not even result in yellow. Straight to red for that shit? Whatever.

The U.S. look like the better side so far, but it's still early and this is Italy. I'd feel much better with a two-goal lead than a tie on an own goal. :hmm

This ref is insane!

The U.S. is playing some heroic football now.

I think the referee was absolutely diabolical against you guys last night. The first sending off for the US was deserved, but the second? Pope actually won the ball. Still you put in an almighty effort, and if the refereen hadn't been so blinkered you should at least have had a penalty when Nesta slam dunked the ball to the floor.

Looking at the game though, I think Analogman was right when he said 'soccer' is a non-contact sport. Oh, hang on.....

_41780300_mcbride270.jpg

DeRossi's foul was aboslutely disgusting. He should be banned for life for waving his elbow around like that. Fair play to McBride for not making a meal out of it. For DeRossi's 'challenge' alone I'm praying to God that Italy get bounced out of the cup now.

Nice to see Maradona going beserk in the stands too. I had the usual view on him until I saw a documentary about him a while back. He was living in Cuba and watching a match featuring his old team Boca Juniors on TV and going absolutely mental. You just have to like that kind of passion for sport.

I love that dude's enthusaism even though it is probably coke fueled.

It would be very cool if Ghana could pull this off...also, with Portugal's win, I've moved into 1st place in the "upickem". B)

Good Job :thumbup This is the first time I am not in first.

The refs were terrible in the US Italy game.

*SECONDED*

Those red cards against the USA were ridiculus. Daniele DE ROSSI shoulld be banned from the rest of the tourney for that shite he pulled.

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL Brasil!!!!!!!!!

You can't help but to love Brasil when they play. They totally play like they love the game.

Those red cards against the USA were ridiculus. Daniele DE ROSSI shoulld be banned from the rest of the tourney for that shite he pulled.

I was picturing the scene across many parts of the east coast: junior in front of the TV chanting U..S..A..U..S..A.., whilst granddad spits and shuffles out to the kitchen muttering in the language of the old country.

I was picturing the scene across many parts of the east coast: junior in front of the TV chanting U..S..A..U..S..A.., whilst granddad spits and shuffles out to the kitchen muttering in the language of the old country.

U.S. vs. Italy in San Francisco

I was bringing some visitors to SF through Chinatown the day of the final of the 1999 Women's World Cup. Chinatown bars aren't usually known for their rowdy crowds, but that day...

Guest Laminated Kat
The refs were terrible in the US Italy game.

It was the one ref., who was on probation the last World Cup for inconsistent calls. He should never be allowed to ref. again.

Damn Tunisa is up 1-0 on Spain in the second half.

A good site for video clips of the games click on the selected game and then on the video link and a video player will come up and it will show all the close shots, all the goals and all the red card plays. The video link doesn't come up until after the game.

Saturday morning in between the games I flipped to telemundo and they had some of the best highlights I have seen all tourney. Of course I am a bit rusty on the espanol.

Apparently Tunisia's goal just made Spain angry. :omg

Lesson learned Tunisia.

I am not liking the fact that their are 4 games tommorrow but I will be unable to watch any of them live becasue they start at 9 am and 2 pm. I have to decide which ones I want to tape too and avoid updates all day at work. The England-Sweden game will be a must tape game. BEND IT!!!!!!!

I am not liking the fact that their are 4 games tommorrow but I will be unable to watch any of them live becasue they start at 9 am and 2 pm.

I know, I wish I could watch two games at once. However, they do it that way so teams can't decide how to play based on the result of another match.

For example, if the games were at different times and if the U.S. played first on Thursday and won, Italy and the Czech Republic could just agree to dog it and play to a scoreless tie, which would result in both those teams advancing (assuming the U.S. didn't win by five goals or more).