Who will win the World Cup in 2006?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the world Cup in 2006?

• Brazil
    • France
    • USA
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Ghana
  2. 2. How far will the US team make it?

• Won't make it into the round of 16
    • will lose in the round of 16
    • Will make it to Quarter finals but no futher
    • Will Make the Semi-Finals but Lose :(
    • Will make it to the Finals the furthest ever for an American Team only to lose and disappoint America
    • Will Win it ALL ( I Know Wishful Thinking)

Guest Laminated Kat

So is there not a site that I can pay to watch real time? I have the fifa site play by play up but that just isn't the same.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is there not a site that I can .

I don't know of any. BBC has a link from here labelled as real time video

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

but I can't check it out as streaming media is normally blocked here.

At least you could get some BBC radio coverage from that page too which woul dbe better then atext updates (and get you slang up to date!).

So is there not a site that I can pay to watch real time? I have the fifa site play by play up but that just isn't the same.

Not that I know of. Maybe espn gamecast?

I am getting a good 5-10 minute delay too :no

So someone please let me know when it hits minute 40 that is my que to head out for "Lunch".

Am I the only one here with the privilege of having a tv in their office? True I'm working from home, but even in the past when I wasn't we had a tv playing the matches all the time. It's not like not having a tv is making you all work, you're just searching elsewhere to find out what's going on.

Guest Laminated Kat
Isn't there some way of fooling IE as to your origin? I have heard of it but can't remember. Someone here must know.

I can't get it either. And I am not getting any sound out of the FIFA site. DAMN

Isn't there some way of fooling IE as to your origin? I have heard of it but can't remember. Someone here must know.

Can't do it on office compy. Aparently we are having network issues with our printers and I have to wait till they are resolved till I can leave for lunch. And not a single person in the office knows that the world cup is going on. The typical american is way to freaking local sports myopic. It pisses me off to no end.

This is why America has the weaker leagues why would any good player want to play here.

I hate to say it guys, but the Czech's look well worthy of their lead. That said, they've just lost their man mountain of a centre forward Jan "Great feet for a big man"* Koller through injury. I think the Czech's looked a bit shell shocked by that injury, hopefully it will give you enough hope to snatch a consilation goal. I say this because I've predicted the score to be 2-1 to the Czechs in our office competition.

* it is obligatory for every ex-pro pundit in the UK to use this phrase for any footballer over 6ft 4inches tall.

Edited by m_thomp

That was hideous. Almost makes me wish I hadn't left work to watch it. :no

The Americans looked like the inferior team from the opening minute. They never really put a sustained threat together, instead settling for a couple of good (but failed) chances on random individual efforts. They never got comfortable possessing the ball, never built up a lasting attack, and looked flat-footed for much of the match, standing around and not making runs, not winning 50/50 balls, etc. Honestly, it seemed as if they were in awe of the Czechs after the first goal.

They seriously have to get their shit together if they want to advance. That kind of effort won't beat Italy (which is now a virtual must-win match) and it might not even beat Ghana.

It's not surprising that they lost. It is surprising that they looked that terrible doing it, and lost by three goals.

I am pulling for the Czech's actually. :ninja

*Thirded*

After watching the first few minutes of the second half it was more proof than I ever needed that the US team is not worthy of a #4 (or #5) ranking. They looked pathetic. They looked like 3rd graders who didn't even know why they were playing. I am not a fan of the amercan team but I was still embarassed by their playing. I actually picked them to win which is hillarious because I started to buy the hype that they were at the WC on a mission to prove themselves. They obviously weren't from what I saw. They will not make it past the field of 32 and that is what I voted on the poll. I just don't think they can beat Italy if they do I will be surprised and of course admit I was wrong. They really have put themselves in a horrible postion by letting the Czechs beat them by 3 goals I was surprised it wasn't 5-nil the way they were playing.

*Thirded*

After watching the first few minutes of the second half it was more proof than I ever needed that the US team is not worthy of a #4 (or #5) ranking.

They've only got that rating due to the teams they have to play in their qualifying rounds, really it means nothing when the European and South American, and even the African groups are far more competetive. I think it's wrong to say the American's are terrible, cos they're not, but the Czechs are a very good side and some of their best teams would have a hard time playing them I am sure. America can still qualify, so don't go giving up hope on them just yet.