• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drink a bunch of whiskey, hell i got an A in the only class that matters!!!!

see the blacks

go to some free formula racing thing on sunday

and i may finally put up some of the nin show i saw for flick so she can see the awesome set trent had!

If the stars align and the gods favor me, I'll be going to the Golden Smog show Sunday evening. Rock-N-Fuckin-Roll! :rock

Guest baseball bobblehead

i just got an email about making my manhood bigger. Do you really think that is possible?

please advise.

oh and to answer the question: i am going to organize in the apartment this weekend. maybe put all my clothes away.

i would love to go hiking this weekend! maybe saturday.

the key for me this weekend is to keep my mouth shut about the tix b/c they are supposed to be a surprise b-day gift. its gonna be hard.

i would love to go hiking this weekend! maybe saturday.

the key for me this weekend is to keep my mouth shut about the tix b/c they are supposed to be a surprise b-day gift. its gonna be hard.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

i just got an email about making my manhood bigger. Do you really think that is possible?

please advise.

anything is possible!

By Patrick O'Grady

VeloNews editor at large This report filed July 21, 2006 10513.15885.t.jpgMmmm ... beer

photo: Krusty the Klown

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: It's how drunk you get."

-
Homer Simpson

None of my colleagues in the cycling press thought to ask Floyd Landis the two questions I wanted answered after Stage 17: What kind of beer were you drinking last night, and where can I get some?

This is what happens when a magazine sends amateur tipplers to cover a sporting contest of this magnitude. John Wilcockson may have written up 39 Tours de France, but I'll bet you a case of Deschutes Brewery's Twilight Ale that I can drink that skinny Limey under the table without even getting up to take a leak. And I certainly expected more from Rupert Guinness, who in addition to being named after an Irish beer is an Aussie - on the rare occasions when one of those guys gets hurt badly enough to bleed, the stuff tests out at 8 percent alcohol, and comes complete with a foamy head.

I mean, c'mon - how many cues does a savvy scribe need? During a press conference after Landis went as flat as a 2-year-old Michelob Ultra on the Stage-16 grunter to La Toussuire, the former race leader was asked, "How do you deal with this from a mental standpoint?"

His reply: "I don't know. Drink some beer? That's what I'm thinking about now."

Then, at a press conference on Thursday, after Landis chased down an 11-man breakaway, killed them and ate them, built a new bicycle out of their bones, and roared away in a pillar of fire to win the stage to Morzine and jump back to within 30 seconds of the yellow jersey, he mentioned beer once again.

Asked why he kept calling for water, more water, alternately drinking it and pouring it over his head, Landis quipped: "It was very hot. Maybe that was the explanation, or maybe it was the beer I had last night." No follow-up question. Good Lord, what the hell are they teaching in journalism schools these days? Stenography? Sobriety? The man has discovered the elixir of the gods in some anonymous French taproom and the sporting press just stands there like so many badly dressed mannequins, pondering their next hoary cliche.

Was it Shiner Bock? Didn't the French outlaw that brew after Lance went all bulletproof on them? Chimay? No, Landis is a Mennonite cyclist, not a Trappist monk. Stella Artois? Wasn't she in "A Streetcar Named Desire?"

Frantic, I e-mailed my pal Big Jonny at DrunkCyclist, who has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of cyclists and their beverages. But he was off somewhere, either cycling or drinking, or both, and I got no reply.

Oh, it's maddening, I tell you. I could be a six-pack away from cycling success - I just don't know which six-pack has the killer legs in it. So I'm off to the liquor store with an empty Toyota pickup and a credit card. I figure I'll start with Anchor Steam and work my way down the alphabet to Zywiec Porter until I find the one that does the trick.

I know what you're thinking: "Why don't you just ask Floyd what beer he was drinking?" Well, yeah, I could do that, I suppose. But there's no guarantee he'd tell me. Would you? Besides, it's Friday, the Tour's on TV, and I'm thirsty for some reason. And you never know - we might have something worth raising a glass to come Sunday.

Edited by gershon
Then, at a press conference on Thursday, after Landis chased down an 11-man breakaway, killed them and ate them, built a new bicycle out of their bones, and roared away in a pillar of fire to win the stage to Morzine and jump back to within 30 seconds of the yellow jersey, he mentioned beer once again.

This was the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long, long time.

If he had any sense, he was drinking Chimay Tripel.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

lol, i just have to remember that when i'm excited about it, not to tell him, which is hard b/c whenever i'm excited about something, he's the person i tell!!!

i can see it now, after a few drinks, me remembering that i (hopefully) have tix, get this really happy look on my face, start to say it & then suddenly realize i can't say anything, & quickly think of something else!!!

Tonight I'm going to a party at the social centre at the hospital where my girlfriend works, I've got to work tomorrow :(, but going out for a friends birthday sat night then playing football in the park on Sunday afternoon with a large hangover!

Tonight I'm going to a party at the social centre at the hospital where my girlfriend works, I've got to work tomorrow :(, but going out for a friends birthday sat night then playing football in the park on Sunday afternoon with a large hangover!

doesn't sound half bad. do you have to have a hangover?

I wish I had a fun weekend in store, but alas I get to spend tomorrow morning at the DMV, start prepping for the LSAT, and cleaning the hell out of my apartment for company coming into town next weekend.

doesn't sound half bad. do you have to have a hangover?

Yes. It wouldn't be proper drinking etiquette otherwise.

A hangover isn't mandatory, but the football on Sunday afternoon will be good to sweat it out... as long as the hangover isn't TOO bad and incapacitates me :D

- Finally starting the foundation for the deck I was going to build in May (and in June).

- Spending time in arenas, watching my son play lacrosse

- Listening to some "new" CDs (Something Anything, The Name of This Band Is...., The Look of Love -- the Burt Bacharach Collection, Life's a Riot with Spy vs Spy)

- Vodka/tonic

A hangover isn't mandatory, but the football on Sunday afternoon will be good to sweat it out... as long as the hangover isn't TOO bad and incapacitates me :D

yep. sweat out that poison!~

1. Who the hell are The Blacks?

2. I'm hanging out with my reporter tonight. There might be a chance to break one of the last three Commandments that I haven't broken yet.