• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the Angels & Airwaves album for my pop-punk loving wife and have found myself actually enjoying it. A lot. Now, bed.

Is it good? I'm afraid to give it a shot. I'm a big fan of the Blink 182, but this one seems a bit different. I don't know.

Since I got up on tuesday at noon, I have slept a total of 8 hours or so... This is not good.

Perhaps you should listen to some of Jay Bennett's solo stuff.

ZING!

Is it good? I'm afraid to give it a shot. I'm a big fan of the Blink 182, but this one seems a bit different. I don't know.

It is different, but in a good way. I've always had a soft spot for Blink and my wife still loves them...and she absolutely loves this record. It's a little more ambitious, channeling early U2 and the Cure versus the power pop that was completely mislabled as 'punk' on the Blink stuff. Nothing revolutionary, but a really nice sounding album.

The best Blink-offshoot, by far, was the Transplants. That band somehow collected every moronic white punk rock kid that thought he was a gang member (Travis Barker, Tim Armstrong), added the most untalented white rapper mook (I don't know the guy's name...I just call him White Rapper Mook), and produced laughable shampoo commercial punk.

Bravo.

The best Blink-offshoot, by far, was the Transplants. That band somehow collected every moronic white punk rock kid that thought he was a gang member (Travis Barker, Tim Armstrong), added the most untalented white rapper mook (I don't know the guy's name...I just call him White Rapper Mook), and produced laughable shampoo commercial punk.

Bravo.

Yeah, I listened to one tune from that and it was pretty awful. It's a shame too, Barker is a fucking madman on drums. Still makes laugh he got his start in the Aquabats.

you all are freaks

I quit

buh-bye, folkies

wow. I didn't see that coming...