Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother thinks the White Sox will lose this year because of letting Thomas go and trading Rowand for Thome. He says "how can you NOT have room on your club for a hall-of-famer" and the loss of speed up the middle (Rowand) will eventually kill their chances.

I hate it when my brother is right.

The White Sox are in their death throes. Hopefully the ninth inning marks a transition for 2007. Josh Fields hit a homerun in his first major league at-bat. Scott Podsednik hit a grounder up the middle and dogged it going to first. Fields should be patrolling LF next year if he can hack it in winter ball.

MARLINS.jpg

That Dodgers-Padres game was crazy. The Dodgers hit four consecutive homers to tie it in the bottom of the ninth, but the Padres went ahead in the 10th. Then Nomar won it with a two-run homer in the bottom of the 10th. Games like that make me love baseball even more.

the red sox, who have been swept by the royals, managed to beat the yankees three out of four games at Yankee stadium.

I know; it is pretty frustrating.

It has also been a while since Sox/Yankees games in September mattered so little. Coverage of the sweep on Sunday was on page 2 of the Boston Globe sports section on Monday (with the Patriots and NASCAR on page 1).

Shit, negro, I've already heard him on WEEI. He sounded pretty damn good, if a little tentative. Spent a lot of time thanking the lady who saw him pull over, stopped and called 911, as well as the rescue/medical personnel at all stages of his recovery. Said his wife knew he was going to be fine when she came in one day and he asked her "How the hell did [pitcher] end up on [team]?" It would probably be more poignant if I could remember the player and team involved, but you get the idea.