Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how in the world are the Reds 2 1/2 out ?

what a total collapse by the Cards.

yeah pretty insane, Astros turn red hot, Cards - I have no idea, just crazy, The Astros (or Reds) would need to win the division, cause the wildcard is out of the question.

YAY!!

A-man (No perm, you've got the wrong person) Hey Jorge (Good, much better), The A's are my american team, I've seen them live, true story.

I meant Jorge, everytime I glance at his thingdingy I think a-man, but I know deep in his heart G understands my disability and writes to me twice a week.

IF Rich Harden is at full health right now (can't really tell since he's been on a strict pitch count), then it's hard to pick against the A's, as they'll have the best one-two punch in the entire playoffs with him and Zito. Of course, Johan paired with a league average pitcher is almost as good as Harden and Zito, so it's tough.

I'm going to pick the Twins to make it to the WS, though. They've got a scary team.

The Yankees have looked pretty unstoppable several times in the last few years. :yawn

I'm not saying that they won't win, I'm just saying that it's a long way from being a foregone conclusion. Their line up is stellar without question, but they do have the worst pitching of any of the A.L. playoff teams. Plus, well, in a short series anything can happen.

Well, if the Yanks start off against Minnesota...well, they'll face Johan twice. In a 5 game series. If the Twins win both those (which, of course, is not guaranteed, but Johan is as close to a guarantee as there is out there today), then they'd only have to steal one more.